Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:42 pm  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
RE Virus wrote:
I didn't even think about the other games... :heh

Top-level category should be games (not MRs, Tutorials, Special).

Nah. Levels will be exactly as they are in the Master Runs now to maintain consistency.

Index
> Master Runs
>>SSX Master Runs
>>SSX TrickyMaster Runs
>>SSX 3 Master Runs
>>SSX On Tour Master Runs
>>SSX Blur Master Runs

> Tutorials
>> SSX 3 Tutorial Videos
>> SSX On Tour Tutorial Videos (Shreds)
>> SSX Blur Tutorial Videos

> Special Videos
>> RE Categories (not 15, narrow it down to 5 or so)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:04 pm  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Aren't you gonna separate Racing from Showoff/Freestyle? In that case, just change "Special Videos" to "Special Master Runs" or "Non-Scoreboard MRs" and put all the top videos of each special category into the same top-level category (so all Special Master Runs are under one category). If you are separating R/F, then just add Special to the list where applicable (R, F, S).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:47 am  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
Wasn't planning on separating the videos by mode, no. Not looking for any huge changes to the current format other than automation and some additional features. I don't mind adding additional categories though since it's not more editing of HTML like the old way was. :)

I'm done with the current design, and the next week will be adding all the entries of the 194 movies on the server. I have a preview for you if you want a look. :)

General Master Runs screen, in this case the SSX Master Runs page.

Here's a preview of the lightbox feature. It's really sweet. :yes Works for Youtube, WMV and MOV (Quicktime) movies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:05 pm  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
Gravitude MVP
Excellent.

Can the video be resized? This is a must IMO.

What does the 2/3 mean? Playlist?

The Date field is phpbb-dependent, yes? The displayed date format is ridiculous. Also, does it use the Last Modified date, or do you have to input it manually? What about Youtube videos of harder-to-determine date?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:24 pm  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
RE Virus wrote:
Excellent.

I haven't seen an embedded player that allows for resizing yet outside of fullscreen. Flash will do full-screen but I don't know about WMV or MOV. That is why there is always the option to download it if you'd like to resize it. The "watch" link is mostly for convenience.

Quote:
What does the 2/3 mean? Playlist?

It's a total of all the movies in the category. Obviously I haven't added them all yet. :lol

Quote:
The Date field is phpbb-dependent, yes? The displayed date format is ridiculous. Also, does it use the Last Modified date, or do you have to input it manually? What about Youtube videos of harder-to-determine date?

I can change it, I input it manually. Right now I'm using the date it was uploaded on the server even though I know for a lot of the older videos that's not correct. That's one of those things that I need to do a lot of detective work - going into my movie archive and seeing what day I downloaded it and using that. The problem is I use occasional free time at work to do the monotonous stuff like uploading movies and I can't view the original date I downloaded it at work so I make due. As far as youtube videos go, you'll just go to the page and see what date it was uploaded onto youtube. It's not an exact science. If someone wants to do me a favor they can put down the original date the movie was downloaded for any master runs they have, but I know that's the sort of monotonous stuff it's up to webmasters to do that users don't usually think about. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:50 pm  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
I've been working on the SSX and SSX Tricky categories - I have the SSX category fully entered and all the dates are correct, double checked against my own personal download dates. Same with SSX Tricky. I've also updated both categories with the youtube videos suggested by elgen and others.

I'm also adding in extra movies that haven't been on the server in a long time. Added in all happymachines' early Master Runs, my own, and some old SSX Master Runs from alpmaster. :yes

This is turning out even more pimp than I could have dreamed, honestly. :yes I think you guys will love it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:22 am  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
Quote:

Right-click on the video, go to zoom, and select from 50%, 100%, 200% and full screen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:48 am  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
I'm almost complete with updating the Master Runs. I apologize for the delay. Personal reasons have led me to be so busy that I haven't had the energy or time that I usually have to make updates like I promised. But that time has passed and I can devote the proper time required to get this stuff updated.

I suspect the Master Runs section will be completely updated this week and will be unveiled no later than next weekend. :D I have the SSX 3 section completely done, and the SSX On Tour section will be done in the next few days or so. I will unveil the section after that and work with RE and the rest of the crew to put up any special sections of vids as we talked about earlier.

And can I say - just going through the videos section of SSX On Tour reminds me how much of a pain that game was. :lol SO many of the events are so alike, featuring the same tracks with little to discern what events the videos are actually for that some of these things are just going to be guesses. :shrug Not much else to say about that. I remember the reason I never finished the SSX On Tour guide. :lol I hope the new SSX game isn't like On Tour.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:38 am  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
Yep, I am most certainly looking forward for this one! How will new MR-entries/videos be added to the list? Will we be able to add them to the list like with the scoreboard, or?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:03 am  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
No I have to do it myself, but it will be much easier than before. No editing HTML and therefore I'll be able to do it much faster. No waiting weeks/months like now. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:16 pm  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
Ah, neat stuff! Looking forward for the final result then. Going to be great this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:40 am  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
Okay, all the Master Runs are entered! Next I have to enter in the Tutorial Videos (Shred vids, Challenge Videos, Blur stuff) and then tweak a few things and the new Master Runs section will be live! :woot :woot :woot

I even managed to find a few extra SSX Blur Master Runs. :eek And we're up to well over 200 movies. :pimp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:25 pm  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
The New Master Runs section is COMPLETE! 200+ Master Runs, 36 Tutorial movies, and a whole lot more robust features set and updating system is open for you guys!

NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION <-- Go. ENJOY. :D :D :D

The way the Master Runs work is that all the Top Scoring movies are listed first, so that you don't have to scroll huge lists of movies to see the best movies for a particular track. If you click the "See All Movies in this Category" link at the top, it will display ALL the Master Runs for a particular game! So anything that has ever been on the server is now available to watch/download on the site! It's a MAJOR improvement on all fronts.

There might a handful of movies I still need to update, so feel free to list them here if you would like me to update them! I've even added several old movies that were previously not on the server to beef up those sections a little light on movies (like SSX and SSX Blur).

ENJOY! :woot :woot :woot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:50 pm  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
crispncrunchy wrote:
Hey Gondee,

If you are updating the Master Runs section maybe you would like to include my 17:40 All Peak Run finishing at Metro City in 2 parts from Youtube. It is the fastest recorded AP run that does the whole course. When I first published it you offered to add it to the Master Runs section, but I knocked you back because I though I could do it better. Then I got into finishing at Style Mile and after that IceX found the Kick Doubt finish. In all honesty it is not a perfect run but I don't think I will ever get around to honing it.

The links are:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZV93KujKr0
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUDegcHkoII

So RE that adds a new subcategory to Peak Races
-No lodge glitch APR (finishing at MC)

And then there is my 9:56 APR (finishing at SM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNV1LGPMt1c
:)

All added. Thanks crisp. :china

Okay, at looking at some of the videos people recommended for putting into the Master Runs, I have to pose a question. Now that it is easier to update the MRs, should we have a "clean race" category for each game?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:52 am  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
PSN: jonipooon
It's looking great, g! :D I'm just wondering, a few of the thumbnails only show a YouTube image, is it supposed to be like that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:36 am  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
Instead of linking to youtube, download the videos and host them on the server. It's easy!

Go to the video and copy the url. Then, go to http://www.keepvid.com, paste the url into the box and click download. You will then be asked to allow Java to get the video. Then, you will be able to choose which version you want. The options are:
FLV (Low quality)
FLV (Medium quality)
FLV (High quality)
MP4 (Low quality)
MP4 (Medium quality)
MP3 (Medium quality)
If the video on youtube is in HD, there will be an option for that too.

That's how I get any World Records from Youtube into my World Record collection.

Also, on the main page, when I click onto 'Master Runs', it still gets me to the old one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:32 pm  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
Jonipoon wrote:
It's looking great, g! :D I'm just wondering, a few of the thumbnails only show a YouTube image, is it supposed to be like that?

It's supposed to be like that. Given that there are a bunch of youtube videos and I don't want to have to wait to host them by having to make a new thumbnail everytime someone releases a new video, I put up a youtube image. Is that particular screenshot annoying?

EDIT: You know what I just discovered? Youtube videos come with an autogenerated thumbnail we can link to! :woot So no more annoying youtube thumbnail. :pimp

Kubi wrote:
Instead of linking to youtube, download the videos and host them on the server. It's easy!

I'm not looking to host flash videos when embedding them works just as well. Plus, us embedding their videos gives them extra hits. :yes People can visit the source page and download it if they know how. I'm stoked the option to include youtube videos is included, because guys like hot legend and others have put their best runs on youtube because it was taking me so long to update the Master Runs. Well, now they can get proper recognition. :yes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 pm  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
Gravitude MVP
Going thru the SSX3 list I wrote these notes...

The date format is still crap! You must fix this!!!

Many runs listed as Oct 15, 2005 are from earlier

I don't think IceX got his 1:55 SJ in 2005, or BadBrad his anything in 2007 :heh In other words, some dates are wrong.

crispncrunchy peak 2 and 3 are the same video

peak races need to be sorted out - which ones are "best"

SSx3 races should have decimals; most of the best ones have them in the filename so it should be easy to add.

You didn't add my 1:56.5 and 1:55.9 SJ, 1:37 Metro and 1:56 Ruthless :p

You removed IceX's 1:46 Grav replay and renamed snowstorm's non-wh Grav run to Ruthless. :heh

One IceX run "Higher Learning: Double Race" listed in SSX3

nad_grav_1.50.wmv is listed as R&B

Rastapo's 1.90 LT is really 1.907 or 1.91.

I think "Dysfunction Junction" is called "The Junction" in the game.

Many wormhole runs are not listed as such. I would suggest using "(no wormhole)" or "(clean)" instead.

The "About Master Runs" link doesn't work.

Other things to possibly add: name of music track if any, link to MRs topic where originally posted

Maybe a "Notes" field where to put this kind of info, along with special info about the run ("best no-smurphy run" for gondee 2.26m Perp, "best clean run", etc). Join the "Mode" and "Format" fields ("Live - WMV" or "Replay - Youtube") and make the date one line, then the "Notes" field will fit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:53 pm  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
Quote:
The date format is still crap! You must fix this!!!

I really have no idea why this is such a big deal for you. So it lists time of day, so what? Are you some kind of "time of day" phobic?

Quote:
Many runs listed as Oct 15, 2005 are from earlier

Probably. But they're in and updated. If I have the time and inclination I'll see if I can fix them. But it's also likely I don't have them in my personal collection and can't update them, so they'll have to go by the date they were put onto the server.

Quote:
SSx3 races should have decimals; most of the best ones have them in the filename so it should be easy to add.

Absolutely not. :no SSX 3 races are listed without the decimals, I'm not going to try and guess based on framerate. :no

Quote:
You didn't add my 1:56.5 and 1:55.9 SJ, 1:37 Metro and 1:56 Ruthless :p

If I didn't add them, it's because they weren't on the server. Give me a day or two and I will check at home for them. If I don't have them, reupload them to youtube or Megaupload and I will add them.

Quote:
ou removed IceX's 1:46 Grav replay and renamed snowstorm's non-wh Grav run to Ruthless. :heh

One IceX run "Higher Learning: Double Race" listed in SSX3

nad_grav_1.50.wmv is listed as R&B

Rastapo's 1.90 LT is really 1.907 or 1.91.

Thanks, will correct.

Quote:
I think "Dysfunction Junction" is called "The Junction" in the game.

Will check, but I thought I remember that being it's full name.

Quote:
Many wormhole runs are not listed as such. I would suggest using "(no wormhole)" or "(clean)" instead.

Most of them have become the "established" route for racing. If it wasn't a big deal to the community, I didn't name it that way and don't see the need to change the names. This leads to another question which I mentioned above about there being "clean" races for each SSX category. Add your $.02 and I'll see.

Quote:
The "About Master Runs" link doesn't work.

Haven't created it yet. Will do so this week, didn't see the point in delaying the unveil.

Quote:
Other things to possibly add: name of music track if any, link to MRs topic where originally posted

This would be a good idea - 10 years ago when we started Master Runs. :lol I don't want to go back and find out the names of the songs at this point. :no If someone wanted to volunteer to do this task, I would pay for the update though.

Thanks for this nitpicking dude, it's good for the Master Runs to make sure a high level of quality is upheld. :yes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm  Post subject: Re: New Master Runs section coming soon!  
PSN: crispncrunchy
gondee wrote:
crispncrunchy wrote:
Hey Gondee,

If you are updating the Master Runs section maybe you would like to include my 17:40 All Peak Run finishing at Metro City in 2 parts from Youtube. It is the fastest recorded AP run that does the whole course. When I first published it you offered to add it to the Master Runs section, but I knocked you back because I though I could do it better. Then I got into finishing at Style Mile and after that IceX found the Kick Doubt finish. In all honesty it is not a perfect run but I don't think I will ever get around to honing it.

The links are:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZV93KujKr0
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUDegcHkoII

So RE that adds a new subcategory to Peak Races
-No lodge glitch APR (finishing at MC)

And then there is my 9:56 APR (finishing at SM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNV1LGPMt1c
:)

All added. Thanks crisp. :china

Okay, at looking at some of the videos people recommended for putting into the Master Runs, I have to pose a question. Now that it is easier to update the MRs, should we have a "clean race" category for each game?

At the moment you have part 2 first, I will make an effort and upload the full vid shortly, so you can host it directly in 1 part

A great job :china :china :china , it will take me a while to get through it all :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
Quote:
At the moment you have part 2 first, I will make an effort and upload the full vid shortly, so you can host it directly in 1 part

Yeah, that's not normally a problem, as most videos are single entries. It assigns each an ID number and then displays them with the higher ID closer to the top (ie ones input later for the same track show up first). I'll have to see about some kind of naming convention that makes the first one placed before the second one, or reload them in reverse order. :lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:39 am  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
Maybe one of the special categories can be TAS?
And could you upload my Metro City No teleport 1:59 video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBzYcM19hIU

Edit:
Another one could be glitched event records.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:29 pm  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
Gravitude MVP
The date format thing was a joke, dude.

The top SSX3 race vids could have decimals, at least where stated in the filename. I understand you don't want to count frames (there's no guesswork involved in that, though). If CN/LT/M2M were listed as 1.7, 1.9, 1.8, that wouldn't be very precise, would it?

IIRC the only wormhole runs that have/had the "Wormhole" label were SJ and Grav. It would be better to use a "(no wormhole)" label for those runs that don't use the established/allowed wh. I think that would be only SJ, Ruthless, Intim, Grav.

I'll think about the special categories some other time.

I think the Notes field would be useful for extra info about a run. Could you not possibly convert the Format field into Notes field?

Another thing that could be added: non-best/outdone runs given a different bg color, or vice-versa.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:00 pm  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
RE Virus wrote:
The date format thing was a joke, dude.

Oh. :heh Well, get better at internet sarcasm. :poke :lol Or put /s behind that kind of stuff, because you complained about that before.

Quote:
The top SSX3 race vids could have decimals, at least where stated in the filename. I understand you don't want to count frames (there's no guesswork involved in that, though). If CN/LT/M2M were listed as 1.7, 1.9, 1.8, that wouldn't be very precise, would it?

If we're gonna put decimals behind some videos, we should be consistent and put them behind them all - and I'm not gonna go and count frame for 100 SSX 3 videos. :no Plus, some videos are pretty damn choppy, I don't wanna play CSI SSX detective on these things. :no Best to keep with the general score the game gives you.

Quote:
IIRC the only wormhole runs that have/had the "Wormhole" label were SJ and Grav. It would be better to use a "(no wormhole)" label for those runs that don't use the established/allowed wh. I think that would be only SJ, Ruthless, Intim, Grav.

Hmm...well, we could do that or put "clean" labels on them or something. Speaking of which, what are your two cents on having a "clean" category of runs for each game?

Quote:
I'll think about the special categories some other time.

I think the Notes field would be useful for extra info about a run. Could you not possibly convert the Format field into Notes field?

Format is useful for sorting by specific videos (Youtube, etc.) I can see the usefulness of a "notes" tab. I will ask Thoul about it tonight and see if it can be done.

Quote:
Another thing that could be added: non-best/outdone runs given a different bg color, or vice-versa.

Another good idea. Maybe a special class on the table or something. I will ask.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am  Post subject: Re: NEW MASTER RUNS SECTION LIVE!  
Gravitude MVP
The triple exclamation marks didn't convey a tone of sarcasm to you? Get better at internet sarcasm detection!

No need for decimals in the non-best racing videos. It's when we push it to the limit that .5 vs .9 makes a big difference. If you don't wanna do it, fine, but consistency is not a valid excuse.

Non-wh runs are not the same as clean, which is why a "(no wormhole)" label is more appropriate. Clean runs could be added and marked as "(clean)".

I meant that you yourself could possibly add the Notes field, instead of having to pay for it. If you ask for the bg color option, ask for a "best in category" flag that you can set manually, so that each of scoreboard,no-wh,clean (i.e. not just scoreboard) can be given a HTML class name.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 5 [ 104 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5