Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:21 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
DMaster wrote:
LOL well Maya had no real personality so....kind of an unfair judgment there, but ok, just thought i'd mention that all we know is that she is a calm mellow, backcountry girl...ok so a mixture of brodi and nate basically and she believes cleaning up the world of pollution and loves nature....

i can't stand seeiah personally ugh (nothing to do with her being black though so no racist comments please, Moby rocks :D) it's just the whole house, R&B, hip-hop scene, i really don't get those type of people.

Well I judge Maya off of Brodi, cause she's like the Brodi female of the circuit. :lol
I don't like her character though cause Kaori (my fave!) doesn't like her. :P

I thought Seeiah was soo cool! She has a unique personality, I'll love to be friends with her, cause she seems to carry so much positive energy! (If she was real) I dunno about the R&B, hip-hop scene or whatever; there just labels. Seeiah is hip in my book. (:

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:32 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
i would have no beef with her if i met her, i just wouldn't get her and my money wouldn't be on her i'm afraid my loyaltly is to Zoe all the way, crazy independent cause like me she gets the truth of the human race "the only way humans are the same is that we're all different" and my other one "why try to fit when you're born to stand out."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I really can't say Kaori is my favourite.

Kaori in SSX Tricky is my favourite character of all time, followed by her in SSX. I can't stand her in SSX3 and On Tour she had awful voices and her personality went to shit.

On the whole I love Skye as well as Kaori, possibly because EA didn't ruin her, I'm upset she probably won't be returning, but I actually like Kaori's new look, it's so outrageously different; that thankfully isn't ruining how she was in Tricky.

I don't like Luther, his whole attitude is Redneck, which is funny for a while then that's it, I don't like Viggo, Griff or Nate all boring and/or annoying in some way and all took places in SSX3 of characters I did like such as J.P, Seeiah and Marisol.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
i like Nate, he's a REAL boarder i mean he's from Colorado, you don't come more hardcore snowboarder than that and he would be perfect for deadly descent cause DD is all like backcountry sort of stuff and wild harcore riding and Nate loves that kind of riding. Nate's a decent guy too, he doesn't tolerate bad sportmanship he just enjoys snowboarding and is happy to be doing it, he doesn't try to act like a hard nut and wave his balls around like luther. and he isn't dumb jock like either he works hard to earn his place in the world.

Viggo on the other hand...dude was famous before he joined SSX according to his backstory so he has a different view of the world so unlike grifff nate and allegra he was a bit of an airhead.

Luther i loath so much i can't even describe it.

skye actually has a fairly good chance of coming back i think i mean she would be good variety as she is australian and she is the only other female who really fits aside from allegra that female shadow. as much as i love allegra skye would be perfectly fine with me too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
personally i wish they were doing more characters in this game, just....4 more maybe Mac, Elise, Kaori, Moby, Zoe, Psymon, Nate, JP, new guy, Allegra, Skye, Viggo, Tyson, Marisol (i'm trying to think of variety when i did this)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
I just find Nate boring, in SSX Tricky everyone had a niche to fill. Even Luther, they had a stereotype even, Nate was just the boring mountain man from Colorado, they never should have introduced any new characters in SSX3 no one really expected them too, none of them added anything to the game, they had boring stereotypes ok Allegra is popular but if they'd never invented her no one would know any different.

Viggo - Play boy
Griff - Boy Wonder
Nate - Mountain man
Allegra - Tomboy

None of them offered anything spectacular, I do like Allegra, but wouldn't miss her if she wasn't there. I'd rather Marisol, J.P, Brodi and Allegra in SSX3 if anything. :/ If they do remake SSX3 for HD that would be my wish, extra characters to play with, extra bolt ons, I would love to see what they could come up with for Brodi and Marisol etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
i'm sorry but i really have to disagree with u on this one:

Griff: the fact that he is only 13 and got into SSX, that says enough, you have to be 16 to enter SSX, Mac broke that in first SSX being 15 but Griff broke it again giving him a rival whether or not he wanted one. sure he's a sugar stoked crazy kid with a lame title like Boy Wonder but...well he was kind of unique simply by his age.

Nate: he was the cowboy, the mountain man, i mean colorado is the perfect place to have a snowboarder come from i'm surprised it took until SSX 3 for them to do it. what did he offer? he was the backcountry guy, he was the crazy dude who could ride off piest anwhere.

Allegra: skater chick, the first time a reviewer saw this they just called her the "avril lavigne" and that really pissed me off considering allegra ain't anything like her. Al is...complicated she is like a female Mac lazy and and slackerish and into skateboards and music but she's also quite defensive prefers to just push people away and have people not like her because it's easier then letting them in.

viggo: even though he is a total airhead and obliviously shallow he really had quite a personality and loved ot hear his own voice which made him quite a hilarious character.

my point is i think they put just as much work into those characters if not more then some of the tricky ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:35 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
But they're still boring to me, they don't have as much impact as any of the characters in SSX Tricky, they're a bit like Mac really, so meh, and boring I can't find energy to hate them, well actually I found all three boys to be very irritating, mainly because of their voices and boring bolt ons and boring personalities.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:53 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
look they all offered things just like any other character and personally i thought they were way better than the tricky's or some anyway:

eddie: he was funny but seriously no one rides liek that, with an afro n stuff.

luther: fat shits liek him do not ride snowboards, PERIOD plus he's mean

Seeiah: i have nothing agaisnt black people but i never got people who only care about shaking their booty to house R&B and hip hop while saying stuff like "mama got bliss"

marisol: she was ok, made a good rival to elise and unlike EVERY other tricky character she wasn't american, yeah i did notice how unbalanced their backgrounds were.

brodi: he was ok too, zen and cool, i don't mind dudes like him.

Marty....he was just mac but half german and his cousin...he didn't even have his own moves. he even was a dj n skateboarder liek mac...talk about a poser of the family.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
Well that's where we agree to disagree, I think they sucked ass.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
don't you think that's a little unfair? i mean SSX 3 was by far voted the best game so far: best customisation, best characters (although this is only because some people include the skins, which i personally don't count.), open mountain, best graphics and gameplay, the characters didn't feel to....tight in SSX n Tricky they kept moving forward carved so awkwardly in SSX 3 u can stop them dead and they move so freely. u can customize the moves and so on too...

anyway it's your opinion n i'm not trying to change it i'm just asking don't u think "sucked" is a little on the harsh side; viggo n griff perhaps but Nate n allegra...they have become two of the msot popular characters since then allegra rocketed up to being third most famous under kaori n zoe and nate i don't know exactly but he is far from UNpopular.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
Just a difference of opinion, this is a character thread, it doesn't matter how good you may or may not think SSX3 is, they can carve as freely as they like I still wish it was Brodi and not Nate. I for one don't rate it as the best in the series but that's a whole other topic. I do think they sucked ass, I absolutely wish they had never been made. I don't care how popular Nate or Allegra are, for me personally I like Allegra but if they were left out of new games I would not be bothered in the slightest. As I said, we have to agree to disagree, I accept your points that you like them and like their characters but I don't.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
sigh...suit yourself, so who is your overall favorite character?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:59 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
NA wrote:
I really can't say Kaori is my favourite.

Kaori in SSX Tricky is my favourite character of all time, followed by her in SSX. I can't stand her in SSX3 and On Tour she had awful voices and her personality went to shit.

On the whole I love Skye as well as Kaori, possibly because EA didn't ruin her, I'm upset she probably won't be returning, but I actually like Kaori's new look, it's so outrageously different; that thankfully isn't ruining how she was in Tricky.

:cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:06 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
yeah kaori is cool, she isn't my #1 but she is in my top 5, zoe has to be my favorite of all time, she is just so unique, never seen another character like her. i prefered kaori as she got more mature, i don't mean like OT though, her attitude there was...i swear she wasn't even speaking english half the time. but when she moved away from the really girly to the more...confidant superstar young woman who although she is girlish at times knows how to handle herself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:42 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
EA Sports should show a clip of Kaori as Super Explosion Fun Girl (or something along the lines of).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:47 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
did anybody else know that zoe is the only ssx character who is in another ea sports game series, same charater n all just different game

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
What one?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:56 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
She and Psymon were in Sled Storm for PS2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
Oh, I saw the trailer on the SSX Tricky content, and I was considering getting it. Is it a good buy?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
http://gameswalls.com/sled-storm/wrecking-crew/1024x768

It's ok, it's worthwhile if you can find it cheap enough. It's good fun maxing out the characters and stuff, but don't buy it if you think it's anything like Tricky cause it isn't. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:28 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
XBL: Kaavyn
Personally, the perfect cast of characters in my books are:

[elise] - Strong, bold, beautiful. She's an athlete and a model mixed together.
[mac] - The typical teenager, very relateable to the majority of the fanbase.
[kaori] - Adorably cute, an atypical yet believeable Japanese girl.
[zoe] - Unique, doesn't follow the latest trends, heart of gold yet fierce.
[moby] - Unique, competitive and loveable. He's a very refreshing character in the sense that I've never seen a character like him in a video game.
[psymon] - The most loveable villain ever. He's crazy and it works.
[eddie] - A fun-loving ode to the 70s.
[brodi] - Zen. Proves that the Turtle > Hare.
[allegra] - A rebellious teenage skater girl. She's probably the most relatable for female players.
[nate] - The country man. While other racers simply like to shred a mountain, he knows it in-and-out. Probably the most savvy when going down the mountains.
[skyeblur] - The optimistic athlete. Loves speed. it's a huge plus that she's a redhead and an Aussie. Perfect rival for Allegra.
Maya - Peaceful, always looking to change the world. Also gives off that traditional/ritual vibe. Not to mention she's Inuit (when do you actively see Inuit's in a video game)?

^ Those are my top 12 characters in all of the SSX franchise. Here are my opinions of the rest of them (aside from Hiro, Jurgen and Marty who I have never played as):
[marisol] - Not that bad, but she needs a makeover if she returns. She's really nice and reminds me a lot of one of my spanish friends, but she just feels too stereotype. Not to mention she was terrible to play as stats-wise in tricky.
[seeiah] - I also like her, but her baldness makes her look like she had cancer and that SSX was her dying wish. Dare I say she was 'too unique'?
[jp] - I really like JP, but he seems somewhat ignorant and arrogant. If they lighten up his personality I'll love him forever.
[luther] - Too stereotype, it's actually kind of offensive :lol. Not to mention, let's be real here, there are no obese snowboarders in the world.
[griff] - Too young and extremely annoying. It's a bit unrealistic. When I was 13 I was just entering into highschool, and I remember how awkward the preteen years were. He seems like an 18 year old with the body of a 13 year old and the personality of an 8 year old. No thank you.
[viggo] - I actually like Viggo. He's swedish, and most swedes I know are fun-loving partiers. Could use for a bit manlier pose though :lol
[sid] - Just don't like him. He's like that guy who just keeps talking and talking, to the point where you just want to stuff his face into the snow and let him choke :heh
[tyson] - If Nate and Mac could have a love child, it would be this. He's not unique whatsoever.
Felix - Seemed alright, but with no personalities in Blur I don't really know who he is lol. He looks like he should be driving trucks :|

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:05 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
PSN: jonipooon
I think Viggo is constantly drunk...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:47 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
well it does say viggo loves parties and hates hangovers so...:D

if Nate and mac had a love child LOL not sure that is how i'd describe tyson but it isn't inaccurate i gotta say, tyson is just a younger, cockier Nate and stands by the quote "bigger the risk the better the ride"

Sid is full of himself yes but then in a more quiet way so is JP and most trick snowboarders (aside from kaori) in fact even eddie talked a lot and so did Viggo. any way my point is Sid ain't so different just a bit more...snide. but then like luther and psymon he is meant to be a character some people aren't supposed to get and or like, a villain if u will. and i think since we lost luther we need a villain.

i can give u the lowdown on felix Kav, felix is actually more of a skier than a snowboarder (hilariously) but can board as good as any other, his father has a huge business and so he has rode many mountains like viggo and like viggo he is a bit of a show off and ladies man but he has a heart of gold underneath his competitive nature. oh yeah and he is a huge patriot to his nation of quebec.

why i like and think each character is needed in the series:

Elise: she kind of stands as the strong ever confidant ice queen

Mac: stereotype snowboarder and has been with us from day 1, any one who snowboards can relate to him.

Kaori: similar reasons to mac, plus she is cute and releaves the tension of all the competitive people around her.

Moby: a funky british guy who is strong and unique is a good part of the mix.

Zoe: nothing better than a good mystery and unique character like this wild chick.

Psymon: an insane over the top character is fun and plus he mixes so well with the other characters on different levels.

JP: variety nationality wise and he makes a good rival for mac.

Eddie: though originally i felt i didn't want him i changed my mind, he is hilarious and i can't get rid of him

Brodi: you need a decent calm zen like guy, i mean you can't have Kaori being the only person trying to keep it fun :D

Marisol: a rival for elise primarily but also to get back the board type variety (that is another brodi reason too)

Hiro: we need that speed demon back, he is the original alpine boarder and true master of it. he was so unique with the tight high tech gear too.

Viggo: again nationality variety and swedish are born for winter stuff, it makes sense, i think the fact he is a bit of an airhead or oddball or whatever people's reason isn't an excuse for denying him access.

griff: a 13 year old kid who makes it onto a tournament that you have to be 16 to enter....that's called TALENT (unless you are rich then it's called buying your way on but griff wasn't fro ma rich family as far as we know) again it's just variety too for players.

allegra: born to do it, she's a female mac, personally i fail to see any other problem with her.

Nate: mountain mad man, a guy from colorado is something that should have been thought up long before SSX 3...oh well they got arounf to it eventually. i just love his attitude he is the new luther or jurgen except way nicer and more decent, but the same into backcounty stuff.

Tyson: unless u count marty there has never been a family thing before so having Nate's younger brother come in was quite creative i think.

sid: as i said above, he's a good vilain, he makes a good enemy and/or rival for mac and kaori and he also tries to get between their relationship.

skye: yet again i say variety for nationality wise, very good and creative.

Felix: LOL he is Elise's new problem, at least that is what a lot of fanfiction says, the popular theory is the reason BLUR says Elise doesn't liek him is becasue he follows her around because of a crush. but no felix is just the first canadian in a long while.

maya: an inuit snowboarding, and religious, peaceful soulful one at that too lol she is the first female to be into the backcountry, a female Nate....i liek that.

seeiah, luther, jurgen and marty have moved on and are doing other things as far as i'm concerned, i only hate luther, but i don't see a point in continung to have the others: jurgen needs to retire, seeiah has probably moved onto other things (her bio says she was re-capturing her glory days, sounded liek she was planning on staying) and luther never seemed that into boarding anyway. and marty doesn't want to get competitive with his cousin mac...more or less makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:04 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite Character?  
PSN: crispncrunchy
Jonipoon wrote:
I think Viggo is constantly drunk...

Sounds Danish to me... :D

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 4 [ 89 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4