Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: NOTICE: SSX Scoreboard Rules on Emulation; Scores Review  
Word, may not submit them just yet because Im trying to beat them! ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:18 pm  Post subject: Re: NOTICE: SSX Scoreboard Rules on Emulation; Scores Review  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Kubi wrote:
I believe that scores and times won't be challenged unless they are competing for top scoreboard spots.

Yeah, Kubi's got the gist of it. I don't intend on requiring video ala Twin Galaxies for all scores. Any score is subject to challenge per scoreboard rules, but I'm only likely to ask for a demonstration that you are playing fairly if you set #1 scores on multiple tracks with no real progression of skill, or something else fishy like that.

The gist here is we want the scoreboard to remain accessible while still being fair. If I were to compete these days, it would be with an emulator, but I would play the game as if I were playing it on PS2. Meaning you don't access ANY of the emulator tricks to play the game, play it as it was intended. No save states, instant replays, etc.

Someone PM'd me an example they thought was okay - they had created a save state at the very beginning of the event, before it's even started. I told them that even this sort of thing was banned - because it meant the race would start with all the same characters, they would all go the same routes, etc - and you could then get unfair advantages simply because the gameplay would be the same every time you played.

Play the game like you were playing it on the PS2 - avoid any and all Emulator "tricks", and you'll be good to go.

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  1, 2