Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Could this idea work
Please EA, this is a good plan 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Id like to think theres a chance 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Nope, not going to happen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:22 pm  Post subject: Next Gen - SSX Uncharted ??  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Wouldn’t now would be an ideal time for Batty and the team to start sharpening the pencils and getting ideas down for a Next Gen SSX? Heres why I think this :)

After sending a message to the Art of Flight team, which is now the Red Bull Media House site on facebook, I asked if there would be an extended cut of the movie making an appearance. The reply came back as

“Even better news for you... round 2 with Travis is on it's way with even more gnarly cuts than last time :)

and heres the link they sent
http://www.redbull.com/us/en/snow/stories/1331636353510/day-1-of-the-next-travis-rice-snowboard-film

Now based on the fact that SSX2012 took a lot of elements from The Art of Flight and even had Travis doing a double promotion as well as him in game, wouldn’t now be the best time to hop on the bandwagon again and get the wheels in motion for SSXv2.

Travis is taking his team to new areas never before used and raising the bar for what they can technically do. In a couple of years this film should be complete and once again EA could ride the publicity wave from this while awareness of Snowboarding is raised during this promotional period. Any location Travis visits can be built by Mountain Man. The characters can get a Next Gen make over as well as having time to add a few others (eg Allegra) and there would be time to bring in true multiplayer especially now the PS4 has the party chat function if people wanted a natter online.

Add to this that a 2016+ release would coincide with a 4 year release plan, it could all come together nicely if given a green light and planned out well.

So given what Red Bull are now doing and watching the Day1 trailer on the above link, Ive decided to call the game – SSX Uncharted :D

What do the rest of you think? What would you like to see if this happens :thumbsup

My first changes would be

-to put any and all death pits only in survival style levels, they did take some of the fun out of the SSX2012 tracks and Tricky/SSX3 didnt have them. So keep them to the levels where you know there will be a danger element where youre more prepared and willing to tackle a challenge.

- Id also like more bolt on features this time rather than recolours

- Re-design of the shop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Next Gen - SSX Uncharted ??  
XBL: KKBox
Yes to everything you've said! Except I'm not sure how I feel about that title. SSX Uncharted? TOO dark! It reminds of the game by the same name.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Next Gen - SSX Uncharted ??  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
SSXuberfan#1 wrote:
Yes to everything you've said! Except I'm not sure how I feel about that title. SSX Uncharted? TOO dark! It reminds of the game by the same name.

Fair enough with the title - But I think the overall plan is solid :) glad you do to and those that voted :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:32 am  Post subject: Re: Next Gen - SSX Uncharted ??  
PSN: martymcflyy85
I definitely want another SSX game, but I hope they don't follow the same blue print as last time. No disrespect intended towards Travis.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]