Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:54 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:38 pm  Post subject: Bought recently: SSX 3, Tricky, SSX (PS2), Blur  
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
I played SSX 3, but now i own it.
Might try to find SSX On Tour, Blur (just curious),
and maybe the original SSX, just to see how they evolved.

Last edited by KROMAT on Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:52 pm  Post subject: Re: I bought SSX Tricky and SSX 3, both for $17  
XBL: Chez XD
Definitely play the older ones, they are some of the best games ever in my opinion. Will probably make you see how bad the new one is though! Going by all the stuff they left out.

Also don't let everyone who says SSX on Tour is crap stop you buying it, I think it's really fun. Especially just for going on to freeride and messing about. I liked SSX Blur, that one is not as good as the others mind, I still think it's better than SSX 2012 though!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Bought recently: SSX 3, Tricky, SSX (PS2), Blur  
I got SSX for PS2, and Blur for the Wii today.
I still really enjoy the new one, but want to see what each of them offered, and need my SSX fix, so 5 of the old titles will surely do that.
All that is left is " On Tour ", which i'm seeing a lot of people post ads about giving it away, so might get it from them.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:29 am  Post subject: Re: Bought recently: SSX 3, Tricky, SSX (PS2), Blur  
XBL: Chez XD
Definitely try to snap up OT for free, sweet game!

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of blur?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Bought recently: SSX 3, Tricky, SSX (PS2), Blur  
I haven't played any of them yet, and will play Blur last.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Bought recently: SSX 3, Tricky, SSX (PS2), Blur  
XBL: Kaavyn
On Tour's a good game, but a terrible sequel to SSX Tricky and 3. Think of it as it's own series and I'm sure you'll enjoy it like I did.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Bought recently: SSX 3, Tricky, SSX (PS2), Blur  
XBL: MdX MaxX
A note about Blur: the controls will definitely confuse the hell out of you at first. :lol Trying to draw Ubershapes will be maddening.

But if you keep at it for a while, things will click, and you can proceed to enjoy the game. ;)

And IMO it's a huge improvement over On Tour. It's all vibrant and colorful and happy feeling, whereas On Tour always feels dark and gloomy to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:04 am  Post subject: Re: Bought recently: SSX 3, Tricky, SSX (PS2), Blur  
XBL: KKBox
On Tour was a decent game, but, I'm not going to call it GREAT.

I loved the way the characters looked, the way the courses looked, and how the music sounded in On Tour.

However, that was ruined by the absence of Moby, the awful character voices, the underwhelming monster tricks, and the God-awful slow motion feature. If these four things had been fixed, I would have LOVED On Tour!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]