Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:28 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:34 am  Post subject: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Please pardon my alcoholic intake tonight. What can I say? I was ambushed by many magnificent craft beers in my minifridge.

What would you like to see for online multiplayer? Or, would you like to see it at all, outside of leaderboards? Local splitscreen seems to be a commonplace demand among those posting on the EA Forums as well as the EA SSX bookFace account.

But what else?

Eight-person online race sounds cool to me, but maybe that's already assumed by most of you?

What else? What say you?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:54 am  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
Leader boards.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:40 am  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
PSN: KBABZ
Co-op Cruise. Two or more people just chillin' on the mountain doing casual freeriding, or completing side missions for the Single Player. I'd like to see more intergration of people being able to complete the Single Player mode while playing with others online, so that you can be productive in unlocking stuff while chatting with your mates about how good (or sucky) the game is, among other things.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:41 am  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Leaderboards, up to 8 players in a race/freestyle, stats of of anything and everything, replays, lobby chat, friends list, etc.

Also maybe the ability to free-ride on the mountain with everyone...like a massively multiplayer type thing. Being able to go in the lodges and meet peeps in there for some hot chocolate. :pimp Challenge them and stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:31 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Decade of Dominance

Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Leaderboards will be good. That's a big one.

The main push for me will be to have the online community of players back up. There were SO MANY guys who were good at the game and gained reputations during SSX 3 that never came onto the board. Now we'll get to see just how good they are and how good we are, provided EA can keep cheaters off the scoreboards. Plus, as our good players go online, they can pull other good players back here (like L12Smurphy, he came here because he talked to one of our guys online.)

Plus, trophies. I've always wanted to plat an SSX game. :yes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:43 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
definitely a free roam open mode much like how burnout paradise is set up. you can do your own thing and yet still do stuff together. being able to do events like races with friends, showoffs, etc is a must.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:25 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Good responses.

What about videos, a la Skate? Granted, I'll be the first to say I don't want this next SSX installment to mimic Skate (even though I enjoyed the two Skate games I've played), but videos of online races, high scores, or just flat-out insane, creative tricks in unlikely places sounds cool to me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 am  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
I would like more fidelity with the Replays. Skate is a good example with the filters and cameras and stuff, so it'd be really awesome to be able to make really amazing replays such as having a free camera glide down the mountain as it tracks the player. Just another cool way to show off that awesome Showoff run.

I liked SSX 1-3 because the Replays had a default TV Cam mode as well.

On the Leaderboard thing: Something similar to what Hot Pursuit had I think would go down really well in an SSX title, where if your score or time is beaten then you're given a message saying so, and a direct link to try and best it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:38 am  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Maybe the replay of the world record could be available to anyone.

And all your replays just to your friends.
If we have friends...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
This sort of applies to online but could be used for both.

Youtube feature. The ps3 games that have it, it's sooo easy to use and it makes for getting speed runs and what not onto the web so much easier. I've used it in peggle and a few other games.

Would be awesome to have.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
what if you could pick a rival to race and if you win get extra cash or points (or something). But when you pick them you watch a mini movie of trash talk like in Tricky before the race begins :lol the same would go for picking a friend as well, in some way.

If this affected your friend and foe status you could have monster tricks for each style of play - passive and agressive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:06 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Decade of Dominance

Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I think the youtube stuff is a good bet, at least I hope so. The fact that it's the skate team and that was one of the features they bragged about in the Skate games, means we have a fairly good chance of getting that sort of thing in some capacity.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:13 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
Hmm, I wonder. What would people's opinions be if DD were built on the bones of skate?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:59 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
KBABZ wrote:
Hmm, I wonder. What would people's opinions be if DD were built on the bones of skate?

Umm, no, no and ... no? Given the responses regarding possible inmplementation of Flick-It/Trick Stick controls, I think we already know the answer to this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:30 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
I don't mean as in using the same contriols, silly, I mean the same game engine. Ratchet & Clank Future and Resistance, for example, both use the same engine. Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia 08 and Forgotten Sands also use the same game engine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:26 pm  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
As for engine? I dunno. Both R&C and Resistance look nice, but I think Killzone and Uncharted look even nicer. But then again, would that put the devs so far out of their element that a superior engine would be a hindrance? I am not familiar enough to make a judgment on this. They do not pay me enough. Wait - none of them pay me. OH SNAPZ.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 am  Post subject: Re: COZ U KNOW ONLINE BE ALL UP IN DIS $@)%!  
if you could upload your replays straight to yt and other services

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]