Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:28 am  Post subject: Re: character interaction  
XBL: WAffle3690
hopefully they dont keep it all about survival. its just not... ssx fashion. but then again we havnt seen everything the game has to offer yet so mabye we did get our wishes. i just hope they bring life back to the characters we know and love.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:37 pm  Post subject: Re: character interaction  
XBL: RalphBattle1
PSN: RalphBattle1
KBABZ wrote:
gondee and several other's points to the contrary are that this is more than just a trailer a few months before the game comes out, this is an announcement trailer, and more than that, an announcement trailer that confirms the release of a new game in a beloved series that hasn't gotten a new installment for about five years. In a situation like that, first impressions are everything, and you need to set up the mood, story, and gameplay style.

Seriously though, the SSX facebook page creator has been asking questions such as;
"When fans think SSX, they remember all the great characters and their nuances that make them unique. Who were your favorites and why?"
"When looking back, what aspects did you love most about the SSX franchise?"

The page is the official page from EA and is obviously using facebook as means of market research to aid in the creation of the game. If they're asking questions like this it's a fair statement to say that they aren't going to tamper with the original recipe.

What I really want to see is the same type of growth in the franchise as we saw from SSX to SSX Tricky, then again from SSX Tricky to SSX3. Each time the game grew but never deviated from what made SSX, SSX.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:52 pm  Post subject: Re: character interaction  
PSN: KBABZ
DD could theoretically be the next step in that growth. We're taclking mainly backcountry (first seen in SSX 3 but also briefly done in Tricky and SSX) while battling against the elements (again, first seen in SSX 3 on the Hapiness, Ruthless and The Throne tracks) over multiple mountains (which is both an extension of 3 whilst returning to the World Tour aspect of Tricky and SSX). I think the major problem people have is the darker tone and the focus on the Xtreme instead of the "pull insane tricks at 120kph while 100 feet up in the air" bit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 am  Post subject: Re: character interaction  
RalphBattle wrote:
If they're asking questions like this it's a fair statement to say that they aren't going to tamper with the original recipe.

I really hope they don't tamper with the elements that make SSX so great, but I think you're assuming a little too much. (Again, I hope you're right, though.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:48 pm  Post subject: Re: character interaction  
PSN: KBABZ
I think at this stage it'd be easier on the developer to ask these questions now and change what they've already made, rather than plough ahead knowing that they're making a game that nobody will like.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: character interaction  
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
I just hated the "slowdown" aspect of pulling off tricks in On Tour and Blur. No need to slow it down; I can watch the match in slow motion after it's over to see it slowed down.

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  1, 2