Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:24 am  Post subject: Thoughts about this game  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I think it is so new that the tracks will just be proper realism.

I also think we shouldn't count for glitches...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Well, the game hasn't come out yet so I don't have any thoughts at the moments. :)

But I do have some thoughts on the trailer, and the way fans are overreacting.

Furthermore, I think fans are overreacting just a bit...okay, a whole lot. SSX is not completely colorful, when I read the feedback fans were giving EA, I was like, what?! When they say colorful, the first thing that comes to mind is some happy, Barney crap dancing over a rainbow lalala. Yeah, SSX Tricky is colorful, but SSX 3? - Not so much. Remember the whole Mountain? Peak One is the Peak with most 'color' in it. It has light, (Snow Jam) while Metro City has those neon lights during night time. Peak 3 has the least. It was dark, edgy, and meant to taken seriously. We only got a look at one course, out of probably ten. Some might be during the day while others at night, and I beleive other places will have more color to them in the one in the trailer.

As for the the trick elements, I have no doubt that they'll still be there. Uber tricks are a must, and after watching the trailer, I beleive that they'll still be there. Races and Showoff events are still there, (they confirmed this, don't remember rather it was in facebook or the forums) but my only fear is it will only be feature in the Single event mode, like SSX On Tour. -.-'

That said, the old, classic characters are back as well! Think about it. It's a reboot, meaning they're be starting from scratch, fresh. They'll be using the same characters, and some of the same old plot. AND, since it's a reboot, SSX: Deadly Descents is the first to come, obliviously there will be more instruments after it. (If well played.) Oh and don't tell me snowboarders risking their lives to conquer some of the world's toppest mountains is realism. That sounds exacting like SSX; it's over the top.

Sorry for a very, long post. I couldn't find the right topic to post my thoughts in. So this came closest. :)

I would have just started a new topic, but no one ever listens to me here. ^_^'

Kubi wrote:
I think it is so new that the tracks will just be proper realism.

I also think we shouldn't count for glitches...

Yeah, the tracks are going to be taken from the real world, but I personality don't think they'll be that realistic.
SSX Tricky also took places from the real world, and that turn out okay. :D

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Yea, but I mean realistic as in the look of them, not the existence in real world.

Also back to glitches. In the trailer, the guy just fell off the mountain and didn't get reseted.

Easy Wormholes? Or maybe just with the flying Squirrel suit that might slow the air speed drastically. No good for racing, but great for freestyle. More airtime! Duh!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Kubi wrote:
Yea, but I mean realistic as in the look of them, not the existence in real world.

Also back to glitches. In the trailer, the guy just fell off the mountain and didn't get reseted.

Easy Wormholes? Or maybe just with the flying Squirrel suit that might slow the air speed drastically. No good for racing, but great for freestyle. More airtime! Duh!

I always thought the courses in SSX looked realistic anyway, at least in SSX 3. SSX Tricky was just crazy with Tokyo Megaplex.

I don't think there will be any glitches in this game. Wormholes maybe, but I hope not. :)

The flying Squirrel suit will be option able, me thinks, or will depend on what type of boarder your character is, (Freestyle, BX, Alpine) for it be used. If it works best for tricks, then probably for freestyle riders, and maybe BX. But yeah, you right, great for big air events.

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Maybe if you wear that suit then you will be able to enter wormholes BUT it will slow you down in the wh so much it'll be useless.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
The fan reactions may have grown old already, depending on how much you've read. But, true or not, I firmly believe it's good to have a vocal, overreacting fan base than one that remains silent and optimistic. The former might just get a game that more resembles what they want, whereas the former might as well get whatever game was drawn up by some out-of-touch suit at EA.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
PSN: KBABZ
I personally think that when it comes to a vocal fanbase, the development would do well to not only listen, but also listen to ones that make sense. Can't have a nekkid cheat for Elise and "Cool awesome Frostbite Online Survival Move", can we?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:39 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Naked Elise?
I'm not saying yes, but I'm not saying no...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:35 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
PSN: KBABZ
Well you know what I mean. Some fan requests can be just dumb, and/or unaware of the problematics of making a game (such as time and budget).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:45 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
well, making someone naked could just be a costume but that would probably make the game an 18 or a 16.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:01 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Hey everyone, I have nothing to base my opinion on, except the trailer. And I gotta say...while I am excited to see SSX up and running again, this isn't how I expected it to look... The game looks like Tomb Raider or something, like I'm going to snow board into a cave and find a hidden artifact, all the while shooting an M16 at Triads. I don't know it just doesn't feel like an SSX game. But I'm keeping an open mind... And I disagree with the 'colorfulness'. SSX, no matter which way you look at it, is a pretty bright, cartoony, and colorful game. This seems to be going in the COMPLETE opposite direction of Blur, and making it super realistic, and gritty.. I"ll have to see more previews and clips in the coming year to completely form my opinion, but I'll say this, a bit disappointed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Kubi wrote:
Naked Elise?

just be honest, you havent accepted it yet but you're saying yes :D

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Could it be possible that this game might be independent from the usual SSX games, but not separated from the SSX series entirely? Like Final Fantasy Versus XIII from the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII series?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:08 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Bennieboj wrote:
Kubi wrote:
Naked Elise?

Why are your jokes better than mine?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:42 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Kubi wrote:
Bennieboj wrote:
Kubi wrote:
Naked Elise?

Why are your jokes better than mine?

Well I'm here longer then you, so I've watched more posts of RE and I'm on Funnyjunk.com, both help :D

Last edited by Bennieboj on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:00 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
A) How will being here longer help?
B) You must be very popular because I never heard of funnyjunk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:19 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Kubi wrote:
A) How will being here longer help?
B) You must be very popular because I never heard of funnyjunk

A) watching more posts of RE virus does help, he's funny in some kind of way....
B) funnyjunk

Now back on topic? :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
I am most grateful for thine acknowledgment of evident grandiosity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Wow...and my question wasn't answered ._....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
PoorLeno42 wrote:
Could it be possible that this game might be independent from the usual SSX games, but not separated from the SSX series entirely? Like Final Fantasy Versus XIII from the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII series?

Of course it's possible - we know next to nothing about the game so far. With that said, I don't think it will be. EA's already mentioned that some characters will be returning on their facebook page, so I think it will be a continuation of whatever "storyline" they'll decide to implement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
XBL: WAffle3690
Kubi wrote:
Naked Elise?

lol you havnt even hit puberty yet.

Anyway...

What im hoping is that all that equiptment is optional and not earnable. I hope that mountain from the trailer is like the peak of a mountain and more fun courses or trails towards the base of the mountain. Im silently wishing for great variety from survival to just plain goofy through out this game because in a way the whole survival aspect seems intresting and new (and im eager to play it), but its just not true SSX fashion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Ok, this just came up my mind. There SHOULD be realism in this game.

Take SSX Tricky, for example. Snowdream & Tokyo Megaplex = Japan. Elysium Alps = Europe. Pipedream = London, and etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
XBL: WAffle3690
PoorLeno42 wrote:
Ok, this just came up my mind. There SHOULD be realism in this game.

Take SSX Tricky, for example. Snowdream & Tokyo Megaplex = Japan. Elysium Alps = Europe. Pipedream = London, and etc.

i agree.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:22 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
RE Virus wrote:

What the hell does that mean?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:32 am  Post subject: Re: Thoughts about this game  
Kubi wrote:
RE Virus wrote:

What the hell does that mean?

that means he's happy (thankfull) because I said he is great and funny but he found that evident or somthing like that :D

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  1, 2