Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:43 pm  Post subject: When does the next SSX come out? Any news?  
XBL: raw talent
PSN: g0mbl3rr (zero for the o)
SSX is the only game I really want to play. Is a sequel still being made? Any news?
I can be reached here or on twitter: @SlexicGenius
Thanks!

Rolling Thunder 3:13 http://www.expresso.net/Rider/Ride/Lap/854195662

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:49 pm  Post subject: Re: When does the next SSX come out? Any news?  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Nope, no news as of yet. I'm being realistic here by saying to not expect one in a while. If there's one in the works, I would expect an announce between the end of 2016-2018, tops.
Here's to staying positive. :cheers

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: When does the next SSX come out? Any news?  
XBL: raw talent
PSN: g0mbl3rr (zero for the o)
Nuts. Todd went dark on twitter. Didn't he basically spill the beans years ago that they were making a sequel? I miss my insane redbull 6 hour sessions on one step ahead - speaking of which, I hope that's in there...and...wait for it...the game runs at 60fps. Also hope Xedic or w/e his name is, is still alive when the game comes out.

Rolling Thunder 3:13 http://www.expresso.net/Rider/Ride/Lap/854195662

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:08 pm  Post subject: Re: When does the next SSX come out? Any news?  
PSN: mobe7
g0mbl3r wrote:
Nuts. Todd went dark on twitter. Didn't he basically spill the beans years ago that they were making a sequel? I miss my insane redbull 6 hour sessions on one step ahead - speaking of which, I hope that's in there...and...wait for it...the game runs at 60fps. Also hope Xedic or w/e his name is, is still alive when the game comes out.

If I remember rightly he said there was categorically nothing in the works as of mid 2012.

There was a discussion over on Neogaf recently about games people would like to see a new gen reboot of and SSX was one of the most commonly requested so its good to see its still on peoples minds and still being thought of by gamers. I guess the 2012 reboot came out at quite a bad time in some ways, just as a console generation was ending and devs were unsure about what to invest in developing going forward to a new generation of consoles. Had it come out mid console cycle I suspect they would have squeezed another sequel last gen.

I still think there's a lot of room for another SSX. If it was done well it would be embraced by gamers the same way it was in the PS2 era I think. I don't know how imaginative EA are these days though and whether they'd be willing to take another chance at it.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]