Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:24 am  Post subject: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
What song, when you hear it, instantly makes you think of SSX 2012? It doesn't have to be in the game, just wondered what songs people associated the game with.

For me its Young Blood. The moment I hear the first note i just picture SSX.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:17 pm  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
PSN: CurryBrace
Whenever I hear Breezeblock I think of SSX. Thanks a lot, Spacemarine!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:32 pm  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
PSN: xsouth
I generally listen to cypress hill and bob marley when I play so 'how I could just kill a man' and 'easy skanking'.

For some reason, when I hear it outside of playing, easy skanking always makes me think of the power stations in siberia.

It also seems that more often than not, how I could just kill a man is playing when I take a rival's time...

Amy Archer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:53 pm  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
AYEAH YEAHU YEAHU YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:06 pm  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
whenever I hear an Autopilot Off song I can't help but think of SSX3 (and I've got them set to custom playlists in 2012)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:45 am  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
PSN: TaysteChampion
For me the distinguishing voice of SSX 2012 is Stay Gold. What a great song!

Although, overall what a brilliant soundtrack SSX 2012 has.

Earlier in the year I went to Andorra on a family skiing holiday, and one of the days when we had stopped skiing for lunch at one of those half way down the mountain restaurants, we were eating outside looking over the snowy mountains, when the song CurryKing posted, Young Blood, came on. We just looked out to the skiiers and snowboarders going down the mountain. And I loved that my family would hear Young Blood in this atmosphere, and would associate this song with the slopes same as I would. <3

A few days ago I heard another song that instantly screamed SSX 2012, but I don't know what it's called. I'll post back here with it when I discover it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:14 pm  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
CurryKingDH wrote:
What song, when you hear it, instantly makes you think of SSX 2012? It doesn't have to be in the game, just wondered what songs people associated the game with.

:thumbsup Yup me too

and I also also:
HEAT - by EA (used in the survive trailer)
Peoples Gravity - By EA (another trailer with Mac and Elise racing - I think)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:14 pm  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
Hot Like Dimes always brings this trailer to mind:

That was one of the high points during development for me, even with the bad Kaori reveal, I guess because I finally felt like it was safe to get hyped for the game. Makalu's just a happy, feel-good peak, Hot Like Dimes is an awesome song, and the whole aesthetic just felt cool. So when I hear this song, I remember that and feel kinda happy.

Heat is the other one that gives me a really strong image. When I hear it, I can just visualize going down Snake Bite for the first time and feeling like a super hero or something. I think the music was really what made that DD stand out to me. It worked with the track so well and just felt really epic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:21 am  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
@Yeti

I think Heat was by Camo & Krooked and People's Gravity was by The Qemists if I remember correctly. Your completely right though, those 2 songs remind me of SSX straight away as well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:49 am  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
Yeti wrote:
CurryKingDH wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 am  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
PSN: TaysteChampion
gondee wrote:
Yeti wrote:
CurryKingDH wrote:

Has someone hacked Gondee's account? o.O

Edit: Boy, am I slow! Just clocked it's words from the song! Lmao! :lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:28 am  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Oh Tayste :heh

I think for me it's Young Blood too. Since it's a popular song and I hear it on adverts and in bars and stuff that sort of pops up as one that reminds me of SSX. I can't think of anything else in particular right now that makes me think SSX aside from that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:22 am  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
XBL: joejakt
Heat by Camo and Krooked.....that DD was the most intense thing EVER when you played it the first time :eek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:13 pm  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
TaysteChampion wrote:
Edit: Boy, am I slow! Just clocked it's words from the song! Lmao! :lol

:heh You're awesome Tayste.

It's easily Youngblood for me. Every time I hear that song some other way (in adverts or whatever like NA was saying) that makes me have to have a session of "listen to the SSX 2012 soundtrack" on youtube. Did that yesterday.

There are other songs I like a lot more - "I Can't Stop" is probably my favorite.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
PSN: Emu90
The Qemists - Deadly Rocks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:32 pm  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
SSX: Showoff: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #1
PSN: Adru1011

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:11 am  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
XBL: JaySTeeY
CurryKingDH wrote:

Cool, that is one of my favorites also! I did a freeride a few days ago with that song cranking, awesome cruising the slopes. There are a few others I really enjoy, but can't remember the song titles right now.

I have a SSX-themed playlist going in Windows Media Player, have slowly been adding to it, bought the Young Blood mp3 after hearing it in the game. Also have a few from SSX3 - Mas, Good Times, etc. Only a few songs left to fill up a CD, then burn it and crank some cool tunes while cruising around the backroads of Upper Michigan.

gondee wrote:

LoL, I can hear this in my mind!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:00 am  Post subject: Re: What song reminds you of SSX 2012?  
XBL: aKw3i 999
Gotta be either..
Foster the People - Houdini
Camo & Crooked - Breezeblock

The intro to Breezeblock makes we want to pick up and play SSX again everytime

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]