Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:39 pm  Post subject: SSX - mods (and character perks) tutorial  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #3
PSN: Morten_W_91
Hey everyone!

I finally uploaded the mods and character perks tutorial on YouTube, and it's now here. I'm sorry for the huge delay. I put a lot of work in this, so I hope it's decent enough :)

Link without bbcode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bBtb1-fee4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUb2iXa-uIcMEO6czkXZXD_Q

Before we start, I would recommend you to read through this description.

This tutorial may seem advanced for some people, so please ask if there is anything you are wondering about in this tutorial, or if it is something that's not clear enough.. Before asking questions, I highly recommend you to read through the whole description atleast once.

In this tutorial, I will focus on the speed and rocket mods, including the speed and boost character perks. The only information we get before testing the mods out is the value of the mods in "mod stat-points", which goes from around 10/100 for the weakest lvl 1 mods to 95/100 for the stongest lvl 15 mods. You should note that the mods that I was using in this tutorial, were epic lvl 15 speed and rocket mods with 95/100 mod stat-points. Mod-stat points are presented on the mod bar. So to simplify it on the tutorial, "a mod" is reffered as a level 15 epic full-stat mod! For those of you who are wondering why I didn't choose the legendary level 15 mods, the strong epic mods gives the same amount of points as the legendary ones (only in level 15), and are not so rare as the legendary mods.

It works the same with the boards when it comes to points. The weakest boards has stats below 10/100 in one of each category; speed, boost or tricks, and the strongest lies at 95/100. We don't know anything else beside the numbers on the stat bars of boards and how they work with the mod-stats, but I will find out in this tutorial.

At first, you should note that I mostly used Mac, due to his lack of speed and boost character perks. I want this test to be as neutral as possible, so I chose boards with the speeds stats equivalent to the boost stats. For example: a board with 10/100 in speed and 10/100 in boost. The first board I used in this tutorial was a board with 10/100 in speed and 10/100 in boost. For example, the image of this type of board (shown in the start on the tutorial) shows -85 in speed and -85 in boost. These are numbers that are only supposed to vertify the board's value as 10/100 in both speed and boost (A full stat board has a 95 in speed and 95 in boost, and when you subtract 85 points, you'll have 10 points left, easy math).

Some quick notes:
- Boards with 10/100 in speed and 10/100 in boost, I refer as a 10/100 board.
- An epic mod with 95/100 stats, I refer it as a "mod" only.

The testing ground I mainly use is the flat area at the middle of the map "Luge Your Way" in Mt Eddie. The top speed I get for each test is the valuable result. I have been repeated some of the tests in this tutorial to make sure I get as accurate numbers (speed) as possible. In the tutorial, I'll give some quick info of which mods I was using, which character, the board stats and so on, including the speeds in km/h.

This tutorial is divided into 4 parts.
Part 1 is speed test with a lvl 1 board. This part is about how to find out the best combination of mods and how much a mod is worth in km/h (roughly).
Part 2 is about finding the mods value, while part 3 is about testing out character perks and see how much they are actually worth. We know that a character perk is between +5 and +15 points, but how does it affect the board-stats and the total stats?
Part 4 is about speed tests with lvl 15, and I'm also going for the top speeds possible to reach on flat ground. Then finally I will find out the difference in speed between lvl 10 and lvl 15, and how much advantage a lvl 15 player gets compare to a lvl 10 player (this is relevant for comparisons to old master runs right after the release, when lvl 10 was the max gear level)

As I said earlier, if you have any comments, please feel free to comment. If you are wondering about some numbers, or how I came through with the results, or even the math behind, please ask. Also if you find any errors in this tutorial please let me know :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - mods (and character perks) tutorial  
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
Very interesting and extremely well presented.

I don't apply mods to level 15... but.... at lower levels I usually use 1 leg speed and 3 leg rocket. From now on it looks like 4 x rocket mods is the way to go. Good to know.

Awesome anyway!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:59 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - mods (and character perks) tutorial  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Looks like the bbcode may not be working...I'll find a correction and fix it tonight. :)

EDIT: Fixed. :china

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:31 am  Post subject: Re: SSX - mods (and character perks) tutorial  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
Most exelent work Morten :thumbsup

Think I have to dust of my SSX copy and start playin again :D

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:41 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - mods (and character perks) tutorial  
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #3
PSN: Morten_W_91
Thanks guys! I just hope this tutorial will be useful for especially low gear events, and the understanding of how mods work. :)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]