Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:58 am  Post subject: Steep drops  
PSN: Clawz114
Practically every drop in the game has flat sections or even parts where you have to boost uphill, so I was just thinking how cool it would be to have a drop that is a consistently steep angle from top to bottom. It's something that this game is missing that I would like to see in a new game. A track so steep that it's practically impossible to stop moving. There aren't many drops that I can think of where you can build up a lot of speed and maintain that speed without using boost. I'm thinking something with an angle like this,

You could have loads of obstacles, rocks, trees and tunnels that would need to be navigated at high speed to stop it being a straight line race. Maybe have avalanche areas too. There would be a problem with the wingsuit in that you could fly down the entire track, but some kind of variable air flow or air pressure system could be put in place that throws you all over the place when you try flying to make wingsuit use extremely difficult.

Anyone else think this would be super fun?

Last edited by Clawz114 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:42 am  Post subject: Re: Steep drops  
That'd be pretty damn cool. A good challenge as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Steep drops  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
Any of the reverse angle tracks allow you to stop?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Steep drops  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
Bear Claw and Long Horn are both pretty steep (at points). Sometimes I think Long Horn might be the best / most exciting drop in the game.

Invincible and Emergency Exit are both very steep - but I don't care for the reverse camera so rarely play them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Steep drops  
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Any of the reverse angle tracks allow you to stop?

Good point. I forgot about the reverse camera angle drops, they are stupidly steep. I hate the reverse camera so I never play them but I think it is possible to stop moving at a few points on those.

So actually, just give us a regular camera angle on the reverse camera drops and we are halfway there :heh Just add in some trees, rocks and tunnels.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Steep drops  
PSN: CurryBrace
I actually had an idea similar to what you're proposing for Wingsuits, a new deadly descent where there's strong winds and you've got to equip Ice Axes and boost against the wind to keep from being blown off the mountainside.
Steep drops would be pretty cool, ones where it becomes dangerous to go too fast but not going fast isn't an option. Some drops are pretty steep, but they're not steep enough!
However, I think the way the mechanics of SSX work would make it so you can stop moving if you try hard enough. I dunno if it'd be possible to have a situation where no matter what, you didn't ever stop moving.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Steep drops  
PSN: Emu90
Actually, the tracks are very steep.

I recommend Long Horn and the Invincible. I got a demo of that on Long Horn

I was able to wingsuit down that part with no lift and no effort because it's so ridiculously steep. You jsut don't notice how steep it is because of the camera. Well, that's just my 2 cents on that. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 am  Post subject: Re: Steep drops  
Long Horn is actually pretty good. I seem to remember once you get on top of the track and wingsuit up high, it's not as steep as it seems?

In fact, none of the tracks are that steep otherwise you would be able to wingsuit down the entire length of it. I want a track so steep that without a system in place to make wingsuit use extremely difficult, you would be able to finish the track in 1 flight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Steep drops  
Clawz114 wrote:
There would be a problem with the wingsuit in that you could fly down the entire track
Or jumping :shrug
Like, that's about as steep as the dam in NZ, yeah? If you charge up your jump you can make it down like half of that thing with no effort.

This WOULD be really fun, but you'd need tunnels or a lot of well placed trees to stop people from exploiting it like that. ...like to the point where it wouldn't look like a real course.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Steep drops  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Clawz114 wrote:
There would be a problem with the wingsuit in that you could fly down the entire track
Or jumping :shrug
Like, that's about as steep as the dam in NZ, yeah? If you charge up your jump you can make it down like half of that thing with no effort.

This WOULD be really fun, but you'd need tunnels or a lot of well placed trees to stop people from exploiting it like that. ...like to the point where it wouldn't look like a real course.

Maybe the wind could slow you down when you were in the air? That way it would be more beneficial to stay on the floor rather than bunny hopping down the whole track.

Don't forget some of the unreal drops we have in the game. One Step Ahead for instance. That track cannot have any part of the NASA data they supposedly used. There are loads of drops in the game which look to be so heavily modified, you can't really say it's based on a real life place.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]