Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:59 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which are your most neglected main event peaks
Rockies - Whitehorn Mountain 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Alaska - Silverthrone 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Siberia - Boris 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Himalayas - Makalu 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Alps - Vorassay 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Africa - Meru 21%  21%  [ 17 ]
Patagonia - Cerro Pollone 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
New Zealand - Mount Wakefield 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Antarctica - Vinson Massif 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Japan - Mt Fuji 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Mount Eddie - Eddie's Peak 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
I don't neglect any of them! 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 80
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:58 am  Post subject: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: TaysteChampion
So? The peak or peaks that you have neglected! IF any! This is not necessarily about least favorite or disliked or hated, perhaps you like the neglected peak, but always end up playing another, and all your scores on the neglected peak are old! I was wondering how the results would show. You can vote for one or two! Don't vote for Eddie / Japan if you don't have them. If you aren't playing SSX at the moment / anymore, vote for the past, what peaks did you neglect? :)

Last edited by TaysteChampion on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:24 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
nice topic tayste. My vote was africa which i have actually been playing more of recently but as a whole it has been my most neglected. I think the biggest issue for me there is that its exclusively caves and throws off my spatial ability. I know someone made maps of it quite a while back... guess i should search for those. Everyone knows I don't like following someone else's line. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:34 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
I avoid Eddies Mt purely because it crashes a lot of the time on my ps3 and it just leads to frustration/ I did have a go recently and beat a couple of my own PBs and I do like it ..... but I don't really miss it if I don't ride it.

The other one I swerve is Patagonia. I don't really know why as it has some great and epic jumps. I'm not very good at it is probably why.
I also dislike that lame shortcut to the finish that people take on Cerro Pollone .... probably because I can never get it to work. I'm finishing 1'10" and other people finish 45" so I figger - what's the point?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:04 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Wow, I forgot about Mount Wakefield!!! How could I!!! So we have to recast our votes people! Lol! I upped the number of votes to 3 because 3 is good, and you don't have to use all 3 votes anyway.

minn wrote:
nice topic tayste. My vote was africa which i have actually been playing more of recently but as a whole it has been my most neglected. I think the biggest issue for me there is that its exclusively caves and throws off my spatial ability. I know someone made maps of it quite a while back... guess i should search for those. Everyone knows I don't like following someone else's line. ;)

Of course ;)

I have spent way too long in the caves of Meru. For me it was an attraction, I found it very interesting, through the good and the bad... and there is plenty of bad! :mad

My votes have gone to Antarcticas Vinson Massif, which I have only raced on each track once... and it was ages ago! Also Cerro Pollone, and Mount Eddie. Not for lack of love, in fact I need to get into these tracks immediately!

chromemaps wrote:
I also dislike that lame shortcut to the finish that people take on Cerro Pollone .... probably because I can never get it to work. I'm finishing 1'10" and other people finish 45" so I figger - what's the point?

I only found out about this shortcut yesterday. Lol! I saw a video that b20471120 put up, on Salient. He conquers that track in 37.73 seconds!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
Eddies peak by far. It was Africa for a long while, but that is no longer true.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:43 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
I expected more people to neglect Africa, and I'm at Patagonia and Mt. Eddie quite often, interesting :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
Zoe's #1 Fan
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Im not a big fan of

Africa - because of all the caves and blackouts. I like scenery, its what made tricky and SSX3 great

Patagonia - I like wingsuits but not that much, its a snowboarding game

New Zealand - Fog isnt fun, its a challenge but not fun

I'll play most tracks otherwise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: Emu90
Africa. If it wasn't for Corkscrew and Red Light, I would avoid that place like fire.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:40 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
TrickyEmu wrote:
Africa. If it wasn't for Corkscrew and Red Light, I would avoid that place like fire.

yeah ditto. I can't engage with total darkness. It depresses me. While the headlight and pulse goggles are working its a fair challenge but once the lights go out I can't see any point in it. Normally I like memorising drops - but what's to memorise? Its dark. Rocklee has like 350,000 metres on Hush/ survive it ... which is an amazing accomplishment.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: Otter111
[quote="chromemaps"]

I completely agree think I've only gotten it to work once and just bums me out when it fails over and over again

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
According to WinonaNET, it's a close race between:

Africa - Meru (avg 279 scores)
Antarctica - Vinson Massif (avg 278 scores)
Mount Eddie - Eddie's Peak (avg 277 scores)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
I played everywhere equally.
But if I had to say, I neglected all the event peaks.
It's just not fun if your life isn't in constant danger!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Antarctica gets my vote. Don't like any or most of the tracks there.

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
SweetWildFlowers wrote:
Antarctica gets my vote. Don't like any or most of the tracks there.

This is so sad...but to each his/her own.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
How is that sad? Oh, and I am a lady, mind you.

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:24 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: Why_So_Ninja122
Mine is Mount Eddie. I hate it so Much. Mostly because of the huge one. And how I will be doing really good then I mess up and have to restart because I am a perfectionist.

And then there are some maps like "Bear claw" in the himalayas and some other handful of maps that I enjoy alot but nobody in global events plays them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:42 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: jonipooon
Africa. For some reason I always forget that it actually does exist.

:lol :lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:53 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Same as Joni. I legit forget about Africa, which is weird considering it has that awesome spiral rail which is one of my favourite spots in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: jonipooon
^I guess it has to do with the fact that your brain usually doesn't relate the word "Africa" to "snowboarding".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:04 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: Matt_431
0tter111 wrote:
chromemaps wrote:

I completely agree think I've only gotten it to work once and just bums me out when it fails over and over again

That damn shortcut... I spent one enormously frustrating afternoon a while back trying to nail that shortcut on a GE before giving it up for the sake of my mental health... In fact, I seem to recall that you were on the same GE Chromemaps, probably having the same experience!

It's a shame, because I used to enjoy that track far more before I knew about the shortcut. I should just let it go...

Anyway, my most neglected is Vinson Massif. Just don't find it as fun as the others.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Okkkk, im quite the opposite apparently. I Love Africa's Red Light and Corkscrew (only for racing though)

I really dont go on Alaska's tracks though. the only drop i go on in Alaska is The Dilemma.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:36 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: ChrisCSW20
Patagonia and Antarctica. Me and them two peaks just don't get on very well :lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:07 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
Event peaks are the only ones I don't neglect. :heh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
XBL: twoskilld4U
This whole damn game is neglected and it depresses me.

Now that i got that out my system. The most neglected anything for me is alaska, anything that puts you in reverse cam

Last edited by Starwisp on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:31 am  Post subject: Re: Most neglected main event peak  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Antartica and Japan I think. Fuji is too flat with too many crevasse's and although I was super excited about Antartica before the game I just haven't played it much.

Not because I dislike it, it certainly has some super courses, I just haven't picked it when I prefer so many other regions.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  1, 2