Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:05 am  Post subject: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
XBL: darkgiggsxx
For those who don't know me, I recently joined this community, looking for some competition on the latest SSX game.

There has been a lot of discussion already about the use of wingsuit in racing. The purpose of this thread isn't to discuss it any further, as it will clearly lead nowhere.

While I really enjoy wingsuit racing myself, I also like to compete in a more old school way and ride down the mountain using just my board. Seeing as there will be no disctinction between wingsuit times and non wingsuit times in the scoreboard, it is difficult to compare your non wingsuit times to others for those who wish.

My idea was to create a thread dedicated to non wingsuit racing, and to suggest the idea I had to keep easily keep track of the community's records.

I created this google spreadsheet. As you can see, I've included every track currently in-game, and for each you are able to fill in your time, name, character, gear used, a provide a link to your proof.
The spreadsheet is unlisted, but should be editable by everyone. Needless to say, this will work much better if everyone is honest :P

This is just an idea, I'm not trying to force anyone to use this. You're welcome to suggest something else if you think it would be more practical. Any improvement suggestions are of course welcome. You can even do it yourself if you wish to have other people's opinion.

I hope this will lead to something productive and that the seemingly endless arguing on this topic will eventually stop.

Waiting for your ideas, gentlemen ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:21 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
And this is how issues are resolved in a civil, respectable manner. Kudos for achieving what others failed to.

Hopefully we can get some of these times backed up by videos, I'm quite keen to see non-wingsuit runs of some of the Patagonia drops.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
XBL: TruGamer97
Good idea. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:42 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
Great thread/idea. :) Wing suit times and NON wing suit times definitely need seperation and this seems to be the best way to do it at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:49 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
XBL: raw talent
PSN: g0mbl3rr (zero for the o)
What about non icepick runs?

Rolling Thunder 3:13 http://www.expresso.net/Rider/Ride/Lap/854195662

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:04 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
g0mbl3r wrote:

what about no gear runs?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:06 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
g0mbl3r wrote:

Make your own topic!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
Posted a 2:46 on Serenity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
XBL: Bildi
This could be great fun. I've been enjoying Sentinel both with and without a wingsuit, but of course only my wingsuit best is recorded.

I'm not into recording videos (camera recording, re-encoding and uploading to youtube is not my idea of fun) but I won't be near the top of the leaderboards anyway. :heh

Nice idea. :thumbsup

Edit: did you intend people to add an extra row for their time, or just have one row for each drop with the best time?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
PSN: DreadRandal
I want to see that One Step Ahead done sans suit at 02:35.xx.

That has to be an insanely incredible vid to watch. I took a few major shortcuts WITH a suit and still got 02:52.23. So, my hat's off to the 2:35. (I plan to shorten my time once I get a few more runs in. that first one had a few rewinds.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Dread_Randal wrote:

Aftermath has posted the link to his video a couple times; here it is:
Aftermath wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
mahkra wrote:
Dread_Randal wrote:

Aftermath has posted the link to his video a couple times; here it is:
Aftermath wrote:
:::Awesome video:::

That's pretty sweet.

Aftermath must hate Psymon's new voice too. I could hear the pilot, but not Psymon. (Not a complaint...)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
Bildi wrote:
Edit: did you intend people to add an extra row for their time, or just have one row for each drop with the best time?

Using a spreadsheet, I didn't think it would be very practical to list more than just the best time on each drop. But it's always possible to keep the records on a first sheet and the add separate sheets, perhaps one for each mountain? I'm not sure how many sheets you're allowed but we can try this. At the moment I don't really see the point since the spreadsheet is almost empty, but feel free to add to try adding them if you'd like ;)

SyMbuH: Awesome video on Serenity. That route must have taken ages to come up with!

About other gears, I was under the impression that the problem with wingsuits is that they almost completely negate the need for any snowboarding parts. The other gears obviously don't do that, and on some of those tracks you can't even complete a no gear run (oxygen ones). But if people feel strongly about this, we can make this table gear free. Like I said, it's up to you guys

Thanks for the feedback everyone, hope this table gets filled soon ;)

Question for all of you: What kind of proof would you judge acceptable? If someone doesn't record the actual record run, but provides a video following the record ghost and showing the route (and that no wingsuit was used), would it be sufficient? As far as I'm concerned, just filming the result screen and a restart, showing the character in the chopper with no wingsuit handles is enough, but I doubt this is enough for most people, and it doesn't share strats or anything so... Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:17 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
giggs wrote:
Bildi wrote:

Using a spreadsheet, I didn't think it would be very practical to list more than just the best time on each drop. But it's always possible to keep the records on a first sheet and the add separate sheets, perhaps one for each mountain? I'm not sure how many sheets you're allowed but we can try this. At the moment I don't really see the point since the spreadsheet is almost empty, but feel free to add to try adding them if you'd like ;)

I was having a look and it seems the only limitation is 400,000 cells across all sheets, which would be tons.

I think it's a good idea to have a summary sheet and then a sheet for each drop if the idea takes off. :)

As for substantiation, I'm personally OK with just a photo. So far I haven't got the impression that anyone on the board is particularly into lying. Of course, I may be being naive.

If people want video I think the time and a restart like you say would be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
XBL: RalphBattle1
PSN: RalphBattle1
So it's cool for midian to take digs at me, but my post gets deleted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:51 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
I don't recall mentioning any names. I may however have been referencing a certain thread that annoyed not only myself and a load of other well-meaning members of MerquryCity, but the mods and admins as well. Those were dark days indeed, an ugly blot on the history of the internet.

This thread is nice though. I'd like to keep it that way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:53 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
Midian wrote:
And this is how issues are resolved in a civil, respectable manner. Kudos for achieving what others failed to.

Hopefully we can get some of these times backed up by videos, I'm quite keen to see non-wingsuit runs of some of the Patagonia drops.

As much fun as it is chasing Todd Batty's ghost with a wingsuit, Patagonia looks like a blast without one. (Exactly why we need freeride...)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:17 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
XBL: RalphBattle1
PSN: RalphBattle1
Midian wrote:
I don't recall mentioning any names. I may however have been referencing a certain thread that annoyed not only myself and a load of other well-meaning members of MerquryCity, but the mods and admins as well. Those were dark days indeed, an ugly blot on the history of the internet.

This thread is nice though. I'd like to keep it that way.

It's not fair to the people reading this thread to see a comment like that coming from you. YOU were the main proponent of disrespect and uncivilized behavior. I see you have learned nothing from that thread as you continue to act like you weren't trolling it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:26 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
I'd like this thread to be about non wingsuit racing records and strat discussion. Please continue this elsewhere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
giggs wrote:
I'd like this thread to be about non wingsuit racing records and strat discussion. Please continue this elsewhere

Completely agree. We have a chatroom for those with balls big enough to lay down their issues regarding petty forum arguments.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of some good times for the Africa drops? I feel like I've done pretty well in some of those, but it's probably quite likely my times have been utterly smashed by other people already.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Oh god.

There's no point being reasonable and try and let things cool down is there? You guys had a thread that got locked for a reason. Now you're on another thread, and you're not even discussing wingsuits anymore.

How hard is it to click on Image? Any posts resembling the ones above will just get deleted from now on. Keep on topic. The OP had the trouble of creating a spreadhseet for everyone, he has all the right to say what he has said. This thread won't get ruined by yet another pointless chain of posts discussing who's trolling or who's not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
i have a pretty fast time on Vapor Trail with no wingsuit that is close to beating battys time when he used a wingsuit.

;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
Perhaps for now, you can input your score even if you don't have proof you haven't done it without a wingsuit. This could help the competition get started. If any time seems fishy, we can discuss it before we erase it from the spreadsheet ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
Midian wrote:
giggs wrote:
Can anyone give me a rough idea of some good times for the Africa drops? I feel like I've done pretty well in some of those, but it's probably quite likely my times have been utterly smashed by other people already.

I got a 2:01 on Red Light which I thought was OK as it's quickest on my friend list at the moment. But I think the record is about 15 seconds faster. :heh

I'm guessing nobody's using a wingsuit on those tracks (I haven't tried any others in Africa yet).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:28 am  Post subject: Re: Non Wingsuit Race It Records  
XBL: Spacemarine321
The Dagger in 01:24.66 no wingsuit

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 30 [ 744 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30