Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:25 pm  Post subject: Platinum Race Wild Tree Fun  
Has anyone been able to get a platinum on Wild Tree Fun race?

I've been at it for a few days now, using Psymon as Mountain Champion. I've tried a number of different boards and skis, and I've tried a number of different routes down the hill, but I always end up with a time of 1:14. I saw the master run here that is 1:08, but it didn't result in a platinum medal either.

I'm missing the Snow Jam race, Wild Tree Fun race and Compilation Slopestyle platinum medals for peak 1 and I'm looking to get them all.

I've tried it with Elise as well, since I have Mac, Elise and Psymon as status Mountain Champion, but I can't get a platinum time with her either.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:17 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
At this point I'm not sure it's possible - if it is, I can't image what the time limit is.

BTW, welcome Animus! :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:22 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
At this point I'm not sure it's possible - if it is, I can't image what the time limit is.

BTW, welcome Animus! :cheers

Thanks Gondee! For the warm welcome.

I've been battling this race for a while, I'm gonna beat it eventually, I'm just not sure how. Which reminds me, I need to figure out how to record videos.

I was a huge Tricky fan on PS2 and now I have a Wii with only one game SSX Blur. :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:27 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, the Master Run is really good, so if it's not 1:08, then it can't be much faster, because the Master Run is seriously streamlined. I've seen other people ask this question as well and there's never been an answer - which leads me to believe that there may not be a platinum time for WTF on Blur. :shrug

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm  Post subject:   
Hmm, I'm skeptical.

I have a friend in vancouver that was a beta tester for Tricky. He worked overtime through the summer, most of his job was mastering the courses, trying to get the best possible scores. I wouldn't doubt if there is a way to get less than 1:00 on WTF the way EA beta tests SSX games.

But I'm a little discouraged, because I can't beat 1:14 even using the route LLCoolDave uses, I can't get 1:08. It makes me think there is another way.

I've noticed on the hill, right before he jumps off to hit those curves and ride the rail over to the tunnel, at about 0:42 in the video. There is a rail there, a tree that is bent over, if you ride that it connects with another rail on the other side of the main track and that leads to the same tunnel by a different entrance. I read your walkthrough on it, saying to stick to the right after the first tunnel and you connect up to the same tunnel that way, but I wonder if its faster to hit that rail, I just haven't been able to do it, I always end up on the slalom losing a lot of time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:20 pm  Post subject:   
It's possible, as anything is, but saving 8 seconds on that track seems downright ludicrous given my experience - however, I can't say I'm anything close to the best racer, so I'm basing my opinion on my experience.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:51 pm  Post subject:   
just here to welcome animus!

hope u enjoy it here

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:41 pm  Post subject:   
Rock AG wrote:
just here to welcome animus!

hope u enjoy it here

Thanks Rock AG!

I hope there is lots of records ready to be broken ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:44 pm  Post subject:   
So, I played for about an hour last night, trying to get platinum on Wild Tree Fun.

It doesn't seem to matter which route I take, I always end up around 1:10 - 1:14.

After an hour or so, I got bored and started a new game with Moby, I started off on WTF for the Gold and finished in 1:18.

It seems odd to me that I can finish in 1:18 with a character that has never achieved any stat upgrades, but with a maxed out Elise I can only do 8 seconds better.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:20 pm  Post subject:   
Ok, here is the rail I was talking about earlier.

This rail takes you to the opposite side of the track.

I've hit it a few times, it's hard, but I have and it doesn't seem to save any time, unfortunately. I always end up with the same time. I did notice however that the tunnel at the end of the course, the one with the fork in it, has 4 or more entrances to it. There are so many entrances to that tunnel from this part of the course that it's almost impossible to miss them. I tried for two hours last night to avoid the multiple entrances, the skilift cars and the main track, I couldn't. But I know that if you pass the entrance Dave uses and keep following the skilift straight, you hit a different entrance, that doesn't save you any time, if you cut right at the horizon you hit a different entrance that actually takes longer, but in-between those two entrances there is a slope leading directly to the finish line. So far, I haven't been able to hit it.

If someone could get to that point in Dave's time, roughly 0:57 and get between the two tunnel entrances, avoid the skilift cars and hit that slope, they might finish in 1:05 or less. Then I though, time might be saved before that, since that is so close to the end of the course, but I've only managed to shave a second off the time and that's right at the beginning. I have trouble with the tunnel and I usually bail there ending with a time of 1:10 or 1:11.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:11 am  Post subject:   
I compliment you on putting so much effort into finding out the "Holy Grail" of SSX Blur.

It just seems to me that Dave's run is so damn smooth - he took all the shortcuts I had in my mind as well and just melded them all together. You know, that track is in On Tour, did you give the On Tour master run of that track a look?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:28 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
I compliment you on putting so much effort into finding out the "Holy Grail" of SSX Blur.

It just seems to me that Dave's run is so damn smooth - he took all the shortcuts I had in my mind as well and just melded them all together. You know, that track is in On Tour, did you give the On Tour master run of that track a look?

I haven't checked it out yet. I've picked apart this course now and it's frustrating, there doesn't seem to be another route. I just picked up Guitar Hero 3, so not my SSX time is split with GH3 :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:58 am  Post subject:   
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
hey in the on tour master run they hit 1:04.xx :| my best was 1:06.xx if i get a chance maybe tonight l'll video tape it too give u an idea :)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]