Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:43 pm  Post subject: Just some thoughts...  
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
Ok I have noticed a few things in the game after completing every tournament besides the platinum one and getting gold on each event.

1. There seems to be no combo multiplier... so no need to link tricks together with a manual press???

2. I've noticed a multiplier when you reach uber (maybe 2nd level, haven't checked) and when you do a ubertrick or any combo of tricks your score is multiplied by some amount???

3. Each character has their own stats. I do not like this because I have to beat the game with other characters if I want to focus on different events.. racing or freestyle. I would like to use only Mac. :rolleyes

4. There is platinum medals. But is there any way of knowing the platinum time/score for each track? And if you get one platinum medal do you open the final secret tournament? I've heard when you complete the final event you get the best board.. that would be nice if it would give you full stats so its not needed to beat the game with each character lol.

I'm managed to get the basic ubertricks down pretty well. I don't like how I have to complete freeride to unlock all the ubertricks and everything else. I don't even have 100% complete on SSX3 lol. I don't have any interest in doing the side missions. Slalom is annoying and really a useless event.

Just some questions that I hope some of you can answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:55 pm  Post subject:   
to tag on one more,

is there any advantage to turning with the nunchuck only versus turning with the stick only? I'm not talking about preferences or ease of use, i'm talking about raw possibilities.

More specifically, when you tilt the nunchuck full left and press the stick full forward, is that equivalent to pressing the stick diagonally left+forward? or is there NO stick equivalent?

In other words, is it true that using the nunchuck only for steering lets you steer while maintaining maximum acceleration--while using the stick only would force you to sacrifice some speed for turning?

I'm about 75% sure that using the nunchuck only has no such advantage, but I just want to make sure.

The turning/speed control seems rather awkward compared to the other games. What really confuses me is that while you're in the air you have to push the stick left if you want to slant your board to the right. The other thing that kinda annoyed me at first is that when you're holding A to "prewind", turning control automatically gets transferred to the nunchuck, regardless of your control settings.

Click here for my Bandcamp page!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:02 pm  Post subject:   
DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:
to tag on one more,

is there any advantage to turning with the nunchuck only versus turning with the stick only? I'm not talking about preferences or ease of use, i'm talking about raw possibilities.

More specifically, when you tilt the nunchuck full left and press the stick full forward, is that equivalent to pressing the stick diagonally left+forward? or is there NO stick equivalent?

In other words, is it true that using the nunchuck only for steering lets you steer while maintaining maximum acceleration--while using the stick only would force you to sacrifice some speed for turning?

I'm about 75% sure that using the nunchuck only has no such advantage, but I just want to make sure.

The turning/speed control seems rather awkward compared to the other games. What really confuses me is that while you're in the air you have to push the stick left if you want to slant your board to the right. The other thing that kinda annoyed me at first is that when you're holding A to "prewind", turning control automatically gets transferred to the nunchuck, regardless of your control settings.

Not sure of the answers for that... but I switched my controls to use the analog stick for full control. My left hand was getting too tired :heh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:54 am  Post subject: Re: Just some thoughts...  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
IceXtreme wrote:
Ok I have noticed a few things in the game after completing every tournament besides the platinum one and getting gold on each event.

1. There seems to be no combo multiplier... so no need to link tricks together with a manual press???

Right, the manual is useless in this one. There is SOME kind of trick multiplier as I know my score was higher doing the beginning of Kick Doubt on the left side rails than if I just hit all the multipliers from the ground. I'm not sure what the equation is though.

Quote:
2. I've noticed a multiplier when you reach uber (maybe 2nd level, haven't checked) and when you do a ubertrick or any combo of tricks your score is multiplied by some amount???

Yeah, apparently the tricks are worth more the higher your boost bar is. I haven't worked out the formula.

Quote:
3. Each character has their own stats. I do not like this because I have to beat the game with other characters if I want to focus on different events.. racing or freestyle. I would like to use only Mac. :rolleyes

Agreed. :yes

Quote:
4. There is platinum medals. But is there any way of knowing the platinum time/score for each track? And if you get one platinum medal do you open the final secret tournament? I've heard when you complete the final event you get the best board.. that would be nice if it would give you full stats so its not needed to beat the game with each character lol.

Well, by the time you get your final board you should already have full stats anyway - and the board doesn't boost your final stats beyond what your character is capable of, so it's really just a trophy. It only provides +1 to two different catagories (instead of +1/-1).

You do open the final tournament by getting a platinum. Try Junction or one of the big air events. Apparently the one at Snow Jam has a very low platinum score. I can't remember what it is.

Quote:
I'm managed to get the basic ubertricks down pretty well. I don't like how I have to complete freeride to unlock all the ubertricks and everything else. I don't even have 100% complete on SSX3 lol. I don't have any interest in doing the side missions. Slalom is annoying and really a useless event.

Just some questions that I hope some of you can answer.

You don't have to collect ALL the uber icons to unlock them, only 20 apiece (there's like 35 of each or so on the mountain.) It's one little thing I didn't mind, but I can see where you're coming from, I wouldn't want to do that with every character. I still haven't gotten them all either, ran out of patience. :heh

On to Kirby's questions:

Quote:
s there any advantage to turning with the nunchuck only versus turning with the stick only? I'm not talking about preferences or ease of use, i'm talking about raw possibilities.

I believe it's all the same, I had a slightly rougher time just switching it to all stick, but that could just be me.

Quote:

In that case I think you would turn left and then try to crouch as well. It makes the biggest impact when you turn the nunchuk and then use the stick for that last minute sharp turn.

Quote:

I don't think there's too much different, but it might be worth testing. :shrug

Quote:

You don't have to press A to prewind, I don't know why it does that - it doesn't boost your jumping. You'll get the same height if you just flick the nunchuk upward or tap A. There is no prewinding in this game. :no

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:52 am  Post subject:   
Thanks G :china

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:30 am  Post subject: Re: Just some thoughts...  
gondee wrote:
You don't have to press A to prewind, I don't know why it does that - it doesn't boost your jumping. You'll get the same height if you just flick the nunchuk upward or tap A. There is no prewinding in this game. :no

yeah that's why i put "prewind" in quotes. I'm guessing that holding A probably doesn't make you accelerate faster like in the old games either...
(the no prewinding makes sense though, just to make the nunchuck flip mechanic work)

Click here for my Bandcamp page!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:09 pm  Post subject:   
I've noticed on half-pipes that holding A seems pointless. I tend to get just as much air if I just use boost.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]