Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:33 pm  Post subject: Are the "monster tricks" the same as in On Tour in  
I am more of a fan of SSX-SSX3. SSX Tricky being my favorite.

After being disappointed by the lack of tricks in SSX OT, I am just wondering if SSX Blur lacks with tricks as well.

Thanks

Oh, and are there any new tracks? Or even new shortcuts? Any new anything, or just cut and pasted tracks with a few tweaks in scenery?

I will lock this when answered

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:38 am  Post subject:   
Uhh, I think there are more than enough Uber tricks in Blur. But pulling them off is pretty hard.

Side note -

"IGN: The controls appear to be extremely simply, is there any particular reason for that?

Alain Tascan: After we did SSX on Tour for Wii we realised that there were a lot of movements players were required to do. For many people this was a little bit too hardcore and they would get frustrated. So for Boogie we wanted anyone to be able to pick it up and not get confused by overly-complicated controls. Actually though, people who play have a really good workout. I reckon some of the developers could probably go along to Wimbledon when it starts because their arms are so strong!"

I thought this was a bit interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:45 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
They called it On Tour for the Wii. :heh :heh :heh They even admit it. :heh

Quote:
Oh, and are there any new tracks? Or even new shortcuts? Any new anything, or just cut and pasted tracks with a few tweaks in scenery?

There are no new tracks. There's a short "new" area right at the start, but then you go into all "old" tracks from other games. They are reordered though, so it's not exactly like it, but the tracks are pretty much the same.

They have altered a few of the track features - most notably they've added a halfpipe in Style Mile and there are lots of small tweaks like rails in certain places, or trees removed and other features missing that were in previous games. Most of the time though, the tracks are probably 85-90% the same.

The real draw here is tackling these old tracks with 1) new objectives and 2) the new trick system. The game is a good one, you won't be dissappointed if you buy it because you can replay the same tracks with added difficulty with the new trick system.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:22 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: MdX MaxX
Blur and On Tour have the same Uber Tricks. Neither game has any of the SSX Tricky/3 Ubers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:34 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:

There are no new tracks. There's a short "new" area right at the start, but then you go into all "old" tracks from other games. They are reordered though, so it's not exactly like it, but the tracks are pretty much the same.

What do you mean? There are definitely new tracks like Compilation, Wild Tree Fun, Between the Sheets, Spring Break, Proud Powder, and On the Rocks. The only same tracks are Snow Jam, Kick Doubt, Happiness, and Ruthless. The majority are new. (I have both 3 and Blur)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:55 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
Compilation, Wild Tree Fun, Between the Sheets, Spring Break, Proud Powder, and On the Rocks

All those tracks were present in SSX On Tour. There are no new tracks in Blur. :no

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:37 pm  Post subject:   
Well technically Blur takes place before On Tour so technically they're new... lol j/k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:56 am  Post subject:   
Who knows?

"Escupo en la cara de la gente que no quieren ser cool."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:21 am  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:

Quote:

They have altered a few of the track features - most notably they've added a halfpipe in Style Mile and there are lots of small tweaks like rails in certain places, or trees removed and other features missing that were in previous games. Most of the time though, the tracks are probably 85-90% the same.

The real draw here is tackling these old tracks with 1) new objectives and 2) the new trick system. The game is a good one, you won't be dissappointed if you buy it because you can replay the same tracks with added difficulty with the new trick system.

Thats true.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:02 pm  Post subject:   
MdX MaxX wrote:
Blur and On Tour have the same Uber Tricks. Neither game has any of the SSX Tricky/3 Ubers.

Damn, I prefer the Tricky/3 übers. *goes googly-eyed over Psymon's Guillotine... bugger knows why* But hey, I can't play Blur because I don't have a Wii so wtf am I even doing here, really?

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]