Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:40 pm  Post subject: Uber Help  
First the good news: Within 48 hours of the wife's okay ('cuz she's applying for a job at Nintendo!), I've managed to wrangle a new Wii, an extra Wiimote, an extra Wii Nunchuk, and SSX Blur locally without paying crazy ebay prices.

The bad news: I've mastered every tutorial easily except for the Ubers (and the Uber-dependent Groove-Meter tutorial). In 45 solid minutes, I've successfully done maybe 5 or 6 Ubers only.

I consider myself SSX-savvy having beaten each previous game to 100% completion, and more importantly I consider myself more coordinated/dexterous than the Average Joe.

BUT WTF?!?! :heh

I've studied gondee's tutorial, and I think I'm doing it correctly, but the results aren't there to show for it. Any further tips?

Also, if my character starts spinning in the air before I'm (thinking I'm ) able to Uber, am I already SOL, or can she still pull off the Uber? Also, is the pressing the A button necessary before moving the Wiimote at all? And does the Wiimote need to be completely stopped and devoid of motion before releasing the A button? And, is there a timer, like even if I correctly complete the Uber motion with the Wiimote, it won't bother starting/registering the Uber because I'm almost on the ground already if I'm too slow?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:56 pm  Post subject:   
Phew! I'm glad I just typed that meticulous, nitpicky message - because I just nailed each of the four Level 1 Ubers multiple times in a matter of minutes, including the heart-shaped one in mid-triple backflip. :wink

I think the difference was, I tried use the Wiimote in a much more fluid motion (for example, not stopped at the corners of the 'Z'-shaped uber).

Mods can delete this thread, unless they find it useful if others chime in for Blur noobs (like me) in the future. :china

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:45 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
We can leave it up if you want, I'm glad you're liking the game. Remember that when you do the Z, you don't have to do a Z, just right,left,right in one motion. You're right, you should be smooth, and not Zorro with the Wii. :D I always had the best luck doing the loop, then the Z, then the other two.

Oh, and don't negate collecting Uber tokens, some of the level 2 ubers are easier to register than the level 1's (especially the M).

If you need more help, maybe I can make a tape of my hands doing the Uber motions or something, but only if you desperately need it, heheh.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:16 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks, gondee.

I was definitely Zorro-ing away until I finally relaxed. And once you get 'em, it usually seems to stick with just an occasional miss here and there.

I'll try the other Ubers when I get a chance, but I think I'll be okay.

Is it possible to add the "no Zorro / fluid-not-rigid" tip to the FAQ, or is that a pain to redo or pretty much finished already? If so, no worries. (And this is by no means a "Why didn't you include that? YOU could have prevented a tragedy!" admonishment. :lol )

Yeah, Blur is good fun. The Wii's cool, too. (I snowboarded on the mountain today, came home, watched snowboarding on Youtube on my TV via the Wii, then 'played snowboarding' with Blur on Wii after that. A good day for a shred freak like me. :) )

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:59 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
This actually came out way better than I anticipated. This should give you a good idea of what speed I do the uber motions at, you'll even notice I'm not perfect on my attempts either - welcome to SSX Blur. :heh

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/uber_tutorial.wmv

That's why you want to master 3-4 Ubers you can do consistently (for me it's the Loop, the Heart, the M and the N's) and then use those repeatedly to boost score and avoid frustration. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:53 am  Post subject:   
Cool, that was actually pretty helpful. It looks like my more recent attempts have been more like yours (not using the shoulders as much to create the shapes, and I've been more successful). It looks like I can try to create the shapes a little faster and still have them register okay, too.

Thanks, gondee! :china

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]