Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:08 am  Post subject: Characters: just some facts  
Hi everyone!

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Mac, Kaori, Psymon, and Allegra are some of the 10 returning characters according to this "Official statement."...and there's also some interesting little tid-bits in here too.

http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?id=6053

SSX Blur is everything you expect from the franchise, delivered in a totally unexpected way. Revolutionary controls take full advantage of the Wii's potential by putting you in total command of your skier or rider, on-the-ground and in-the-air, by translating every motion you make into the skills that create mountain legends. One of your hands controls you as you tear down the mountain; the other hand unleashes your virtually unlimited array of aerial maneuvers. This is the soul of SSX, remixed, re-energized, and fully realized.

* Soul of the SSX on the Wii: SSX Blur brings us the essence of the franchise - re-mixed, re-energized and fully realized.
* On the Ground and In the Air: We are pushing the envelope and taking full advantage of the hardware's potential to give you a 'Wii-ified' SSX experience. Use the Nunchuck on-the-ground to carve down the slopes and huck into the air, while using the remote in-the-air to pull off spins, flips and tricks.
* Paint your Uber Tricks: To unleash your uber tricks, think of yourself as an artist painting different shape outlines in the air for each aerial maneuver.
* Feel the Groove: With dynamic music mirroring your experience, you will feel the tunes intensify as you stick your tricks and your groove meter starts to fill. Keep grooving to boost your speed and amp up your air.
* The Mountain is your Playground: With 3 distinct peaks and 12 tracks all freshly styled, you can bomb down the mountain nonstop, top-to-bottom.
* Mac is Back: Mac, Kaori, Psymon, Allegra, and many more of the SSX favorites, are all back and ready to rip. There will also be two brand-new faces for you to hit the runs with.
* Motion Based Front End: Every second of your SSX Blur experience will be maxed out with motion. The UI is entirely motion-based with virtually no use of buttons. Aim the remote at the screens to navigate your way from one place to the next.

Nice to see everyone again!
Yeloway

Last edited by Yeloway on Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:21 pm  Post subject:   
here's some more info about the characters.

"You can also unlock multiple snowboarding characters, each with their own personal uber-tricks and stats. Characters actually grow as you take them through the game, able to perform more and better stunts as their stats increase. This also means, to some extent, that no matter how good you get with the Wiimote, your performance early in the game will be constrained somewhat by character stats." :)

"Characters have very distinct appearances, and each seems to bear a unique sense of personality." :)

from WorthPlaying:
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemranking ... wid=755575

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:43 pm  Post subject:   
Yeloway wrote:

"You can also unlock multiple snowboarding characters, each with their own personal uber-tricks and stats. Characters actually grow as you take them through the game, able to perform more and better stunts as their stats increase. This also means, to some extent, that no matter how good you get with the Wiimote, your performance early in the game will be constrained somewhat by character stats." :)

"Characters have very distinct appearances, and each seems to bear a unique sense of personality." :)

from WorthPlaying:

That's definitely good news and carries some great potential. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:55 pm  Post subject:   
Awesome, thanks! =)

"Mac, Kaori, Psymon, Allegra" and probably Elise. That makes 5. Also Moby I can imagine. I think I saw Griff in a screenshot. That's 7. Who else do you think?

From left to right in this pic I think it's Kaori, maybe Nate and Allegra.

And who do you think this guy is?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:33 pm  Post subject:   
Yea, that looks like Nate and Allegra.

The one on the left though, looks like Elise rather than Kaori. It's just her hoodie that makes it look like brown hair with a yellow cap -but I think that's her hair. Its the same character that is on the homepage ofSSXBlur.com, to the right of Mac.

It seems like ALL of the SSX3 characters are back huh (oh wait, maybe not Viggo :))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:24 pm  Post subject:   
Oh yeah, maybe what I thought was a helmet is her hair! haha. Yeah Zoe will probably be in it as well. I'd have liked to see a bit more of Skye.. but oh well..

mmkay.. I hope they have cheat characters!! =)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:29 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yeloway wrote:

from WorthPlaying:

If this true, this is ALL good news. :yes That means they actually took to heart what we said in our critiques.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:27 am  Post subject:   
Great news, all of it. This game is shaping up pretty nicely.

Yeloway wrote:

"Characters actually grow as you take them through the game, able to perform more and better stunts as their stats increase. This also means, to some extent, that no matter how good you get with the Wiimote, your performance early in the game will be constrained somewhat by character stats." :)

This could mean that they made all boards equal again (no more stupid board attributes that force you to use a certain board) which would be awesome :thumbsup. But it could also mean that they are going back to the combination of rider and board attributes like in Tricky :[ . Personally I much prefer the ability to choose any board design I like without worrying about its attributes, like what we had in SSX3.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:12 am  Post subject:   
New quote from Nintendo Power, according to the SSX Blur board over at Gamefaqs:

Quote:
UPDATE 11: SSX Blur - At first it seems like a best-of compilation of past games, but it is still a departure from the rest of the series. Game Producer: “We tried many different variations of the controls. Some worked out great and others just felt wrong…As soon as we played on run with the controls the way they are, we knew we had it. It just feels so natural and it’s so much fun.” Nintendo Power states it was an earlier build of the game that they tried. You’ll play as classic characters from Mac, Moby, Allegra, Psymon to new characters like Maurice and Feather. It is unknown if you’ll be able to play as Nintendo characters. The producer continues: “We wanted to be sure that SSX Blur reflects the Wii feel and style in addition to taking full advantage of the hardware” (you have now an ability to throw snowballs at opponents).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:10 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Snowballs? :heh Yep, we now have SSX Kids.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:54 pm  Post subject:   
Surprise Celebrity Panelist
Maurice and Feather? They sound like characters from a comedy sketch about hairstylists. What is this, Salon Super Cross?

Haha, actually, I'm pumped about this character news. I thought I was going to sit this one out, but now this info is really pulling me towards the nostalgia!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:37 pm  Post subject:   
Clayman
Nostalgia? I don't understand how you guys are seeing this as a collection of SSX or whatever. It's On Tour, for the Wii, with some new and some old levels (of which so far we've only seen SSX 3).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:58 pm  Post subject:   
alpmaster wrote:
Nostalgia? I don't understand how you guys are seeing this as a collection of SSX or whatever. It's On Tour, for the Wii, with some new and some old levels (of which so far we've only seen SSX 3).

Good points, but now that I think about it, like Krispy - I feel like it's more nostalgia than just an OT rehash: Playing as old characters, original SSX soundtrack feel, bright colors, no in-your-race rockstar crap, slightly cartoonish-looking characters, etc. Hopefully there's more character interaction, like the first three SSX games.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:24 pm  Post subject:   
There were snowballs in SSX3 right..? I think :S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:00 am  Post subject:   
Mwa! wrote:
There were snowballs in SSX3 right..? I think :S

Yeah, there were - you had to input a code to get it, but they were there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:52 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
What the hell? There were? Just when you thought you knew everything about a game. :heh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:10 am  Post subject:   
Wait, no, I'm wrong, I'm thinking of the snowman. dumb gondee. :rolleyes

It's On Tour where you throw snowballs.
Code:
Snowball Fight**                        LETSPARTY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:38 pm  Post subject:   
Ah okay. I haven't played them in awhile so I kinda forgot ><
Cos we got the Wii we had to unplug the PS2 eh heh..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:57 pm  Post subject:   
Clayman
gondee wrote:
Wait, no, I'm wrong, I'm thinking of the snowman. dumb gondee. :rolleyes

It's On Tour where you throw snowballs.
Code:
Snowball Fight**                        LETSPARTY

Yea, I knew I knew everything about 1-3. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:12 pm  Post subject:   
Hey guys, IGN has new pictures up with a lot of the characters in it. Even Kaori! She has her panda backpack and skirt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:11 am  Post subject:   
*rushes off to IGN*
Ahh that's so cool, thanks :)
Yeah this game does look "kidified". But the SSX3 character models were great, in the game they would look batter I can imagine.

Awesome awesome :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 pm  Post subject:   
here's some more from http://www.shacknews.com/extras/2007/01 ... x_blur_1.x

"Blur also puts more emphasis back on the series' original characters, with ten previous personalities returning as player characters and two new ones being added."

"There is of course also a career mode consisting of a string of tournaments; with the emphasis on SSX characters, there are also various rivalries and alliances that factor into the progression of the story and the in-game dynamics."

but more interestingly:

"...said Guerin, who unexpectedly explained that SSX Blur actually started out as an Xbox game before moving to Wii"

"He explained that when the project was in development for Xbox, the team began to start working with effects that were easier to implement on the Wii hardware, and eventually it was determined that for a variety of reasons it made sense for the game to be a Wii exclusive. Said Guerin, "We felt this console was the best for this game, definitely."

whoa, as an Xbox game? :???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:46 pm  Post subject:   
Wow that's trippy. Yey for more effects..?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:48 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
Moby's back! Hooraay!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:23 pm  Post subject:   
Everyone seen the new video on IGN?

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/842/842200/vids_1.html

Gotta say, I'm happy with this character list, buuut... errmm umm... too bad the artwork makes me want to stab my eyes out with steak knives.

The Carmen Sandiego games called, and they want their villain designs back.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  1, 2