Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:49 pm  Post subject: New Uber Video at IGN  
XBL: DredPirateStorm
PSN: DredPirateStorm
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/842/842200/vids_1.html

IGN has a new video of the Uber tricks in Blur. It also features some video footage of skiing. I don't think we've seen that yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:03 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Hmmm....meh. The trick system looks like On Tour.

And they still have NOT gotten rid of Monster Moments camera.

Every trailer I see makes me think there may not be any IP characters, that we only have CAC characters...I dunno. I've got a sneaking suspicion about that.

On the plus side, the graphics look killer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:49 am  Post subject:   
gondee is right :china

signature is comin >.>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:51 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
See, the thing about the classic SSX's is that, although the competition right now might just be extremely dead....but the competition will never be ruined.

There's going to be nothing for this game, I don't even get why we're hyping it up so much. No one hyped up the one for PSP.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:10 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
It appears like it's set up just like SOT. Ubers are done in slo-mo with the camera movement. There's no plain uber's like 3 or Tricky. And i'm guessing you can tweak the ubers midair for the monster moments again.

The more I see about this game, the more I don't care about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:06 pm  Post subject:   
I actually like this game more and more with each new clip. I haven't voiced my opinion about this installment yet so here it is, combined with my opinion of this clip of course...to stay on topic. ;P...

The Good:

Blur looks like a lot of fun and it's a real shame they made it a wii exclusive. I LOVE the music, thank god they got rid of the punk-rock theme, don't get me wrong I love rock music but IMO it's not SSX. As far as I can tell, the graphics, or at least the look of the riders, are much better than in OT , the environment has a classic SSX/Tricky look to it and I love it (the dragon reminds me of Snowdream balloons) but I don't want it for SSX5. Characters don't look as chibi as I initially thought and that is a HUGE plus. Multipliers are back and so is skiing, which I thought was one of the really good new features of OT! The name "Uber" is back as well :cheers . The tagline "Get in the Groove" is infinitesimally better than black diamond rock star crap from OT.

The Bad:

EA, why oh why do you guys bring back the monster-moment, slow-mo camera, THE FEATURE THAT ALMOST EVERYONE, INCLUDING MYSELF, DESPISED. That stupid feature made me AVOID doing uber tricks, monster tricks, whatever you want to call them.

I wonder if they'll bring back NPCs. Granted, they were annoying at times but hey did add life and authenticity to the mountain.

Obviously EA has learned from SOME of the mistakes they made in OT. I hope they'll straighten out all of the other things (yeah, monster-cam I'm looking at you) for SSX5.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:44 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
I agree, Granola. I mean, EA Big had about a year to hear our complaints, and fix it, but apparently the complaints fell on deaf ears. Unless it was just a setup; the real game will be shown as something else. (remember back in 2000 with the Zelda footage, and look what came out instead. Hopefully it'll be that scenario for Blur)

Owning a Wii, I really want to play this game, but I'm not sure now. I'll rent it, and give you my verdict when it arrives.

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:34 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
Nice vid.

Fuck the monster moments. Fuck the OT tracks.

Nice vid.

:glare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:04 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
Quote:
I wonder if they'll bring back NPCs. Granted, they were annoying at times but hey did add life and authenticity to the mountain.

weren't there npc's in that video?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:51 am  Post subject:   
vix, I'm pretty sure those are the other riders in the race (notice how the 1/6 in the upper left corner changes when you pass them). I haven't noticed any NPC yet but I do hope they're back, just in a bit less obtrusive form.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:12 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
Oh, I didn't pay attention to that part. I didn't see the 1/6. I'll have to watch it again. I thought it was just a free ride session.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]