Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:49 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Will you buy SSX Blur
Yes, I like what I see so far 26%  26%  [ 13 ]
Yes, of course, it's an SSX game 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
Yes, SSX Blur is one of the reasons I'm buying a wii 16%  16%  [ 8 ]
No, it looks bad/disappointing in the previews 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
No, I got burned by SSX OT and this looks very much like it 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
No, it's only available on wii, and I'm definitely not buying a wii 28%  28%  [ 14 ]
I would buy it but I can't afford a wii 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:27 pm  Post subject:   
Khalpz wrote:
Typical surburban kid answer to a joke..
"typical"? did you forget who you're talking to? i'm not "typical". and i'm not from the suburbs either...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:16 am  Post subject:   
The sad thing about Blur is it's only available for Wii, I have a PS2. I really want to get it, so I would have to buy the Wii (possibly wait after 6 months so Wii and Blur would be cheaper).

Check out my high score, man.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:26 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I know a few people really want the game(whether they like the style of it or not) but they just don't want to buy a wii for it.

At least, that's how I feel. I'd love to get the game to at least give it a shot(like I did with sot even though I knew I wasn't going to like sot) to see if they've vindicated themselves a bit but I dunno. I'd rather save up for a ps3.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:19 am  Post subject:   
NA wrote:
deadpool247 wrote:
Khalpz wrote:
yea buttplugs are expensive nowadays..

idk what to buy/do, 'cause Gears of War and 360 looks awesome, but I'ma wanna play Smash Bros. and Blur (maybe) on Wii.. whatev I'll wait it out I guess.

And Zelda, too. That game kicks a lot of ass.

Ocarina of time > Twilight Princess.

Have they even given a release date for Blur yet? Or have I completely missed it

yes, but ocarina of time will be available soon on the wii's download function.

Me personally im lucky enough to have SSX follow ME. I bought ps2 as soon as it came out and have bought a Wii anyway. Without realising that ssx was going to come to wii. So im very lucky in that fact.

My main reasoning for buying a wii was the retro games though, and the possibility of the console itself. Sure, the controller is a bit gimicky but the possibility of an updated retro game is one i'm not going to miss. Plus the possibility with internet to get new stages and characters in Super smash bros is too tempting. (mabye the same could be applied to SSX blur, although highly unlikely with EAs will to revolutionise)

Now im just hoping i can fight this temptation to buy an X-box, seeing as my previous money slump has passed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:16 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: deyessorc
Bonto wrote:
NA wrote:
deadpool247 wrote:
Khalpz wrote:
yea
Ocarina of time > Twilight Princess.

Have they even given a release date for Blur yet? Or have I completely missed it

You've gotta be kidding. Ocarina was a fun game and completely revolutionary for the time, and while TP isn't as revolutionary for a zelda game, it is still better than Ocarina. Way bigger and just as many side quests to do.

If you can tell me that you did the side quests (without ever using any type of guide) and the game is still boring, well, I just don't understand that.

But, to each their own I suppose.

I'm currently playing Metroid Prime: 2. Amazing game so far. At least the challenge is way better than all Zelda games. Zelda needs to take a page out of the Metroid book for challenge factor.

Sorry, I am way off topic here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:18 pm  Post subject:   
As I mentioned elsewhere, I now have a Wii. I lowered myself to waiting in line for 1.5 hrs. at midnight on a Saturday, at Wal-Mart, of all places. I paid the regular $250, though.

I bought the Wii for the games and gameplay, and I've been very pleased with my decision. I have my money sitting tight for Feb. 27 or whatever the Blur release date is! :woot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:19 pm  Post subject:   
I dont have a wii but evan if Idid Blur would need new pistes to convince me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:35 pm  Post subject:   
I'm definitely buying SSX Blur!
I already have a Wii and XBOX360 (from the new generation of consoles), but I'm very happy that the next ssx is coming on Wii. Excluding the original idea of ssx, the only really big change in the formula had been the "one mountain thing" of SSX3. And now, what better way to revolutionize the series than a completely new control scheme? Yes, the game would have looked nicer if it were to be developed for 360 or ps3, but at the cost of a more appropriate control?
Watching the poll results so far, it saddens me to see the "...I'm definitely not buying a wii" above all (individually).
I'm a big fan of ssx and I have the first two games on ps2 and the other two on gamecube. And the fact is that, if you'll never really play with wii, there is no way you're gonna like it. I first thought wii was a gimmick, but not until I bought it, was I really thrilled.
Some said they want a more realistic approach. I say go play 1080, Because the reason I liked ssx was it's original fantasy characters and environments and not simulation feeling. An example of "photorealism" was On tour which tried to create more realistic characters and copied many of it's course design from 1080 avalanche. The result is a less attracting game than ssx3.
What I like about blur is that it has ssx on tour graphic engine married with ssx3 lighting, thus making an eye treat. I noticed a ton more bump mapping on the snow surface too plus a fantastic lens flare.
I'm a little disappointed about the soundtrack being only from one artist. I don't like the slow-mo ubers of OT. Glad they got rid of OT attitude though. Hope we'll see boards with no attributes (it's not the board that makes a good snowboarder).

It won't be a "proper" continuity in the ssx series if there are no new courses, but I believe it will be the pinnacle of "ssx feel" up until now. So, I'm definitely buying it, and hopefully enjoying it ;P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:00 pm  Post subject:   
HD wrote:
Khalpz wrote:
Typical surburban kid answer to a joke..
"typical"? did you forget who you're talking to? i'm not "typical". and i'm not from the suburbs either...

You are very typical.

Ok whatever, you talk like it.

& I don't like any zelda games.. so yeaa

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  1, 2