Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:28 pm  Post subject: Anyone else want to kill themself after seeing SSX Blur Vid?  
I did.

Didn't EA specifically ask Merqurycity.com users of what they thought of SSX:OT so that they could improve their next game?

I almost lost it during the beginning when I saw it was Happiness. Then, after seeing the returning slow-mo camera...I just about started to cry. Why on earth would they port SSX3? Thinking in the most positive way I possibly can, I hope that they remake SSX3 like they did with SSX/SSX Tricky, but after SSX:OT I don't trust EA anymore.

I'll be interested in the controls, but I am sure somewhere along the lines EA will say something like "Though the tracks are not new, the control scheme is, and that makes it an entirely different game!" And then someone might say, "Well, can't you imagine going through the secret paths in Ruthless Ridge, but this time your body is controling the character? It would be awesome!" Yes, if they completely remade SSX3 like SSX Tricky it would, but if it is just a port. No. Seen it. So moving my arm a little bit would completely change the experience of the game. Wouldn't it be nicer to be going down a completely new track that you have never seen before with an entirely new control layout? Not a track that we first went down almost three and a half years ago.

I guess I can't make too many judgements yet since we only have a 30 second trailer, but from what I saw I am very disappointed.

Atleast I will always be happy playing SSX-SSX3.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:18 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I don't particularly want to kill myself, however, I'd like to give EA a smackdown. :yes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:09 pm  Post subject:   
Hmm.
I don't like the look of the character. And the place doesn't seem very special. But then again, I'm not a fan of the.. oh I've forgotten the name it's been so long! >< The out.. no not outback.. Well the ones in the middle of nowhere. I like having crowds, like Tricky and whatnot.
I also think that font is a bit chunky ><
But I hope to buy it anyway :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:54 pm  Post subject:   
I like the fact that they ditched the terrible rock-doodle theme. They kept the speed blur- a big plus. I liked the addition of the speed blur in OT, it was one of very few changes that I actually embraced. Unfortunately, they also kept the annoying monster moment camera movement, which was one the worst things about OT (it made me avoid doing monster tricks altogether). The music seems to be back to normal as well as the graphics and textures. It's great to see the sparkling, deep snow again that actually looks like snow :cheers .
To be honest, that short "Blur"clip looks more exciting to me than any of the OT previews.

The bad points that I can see here are, obviously the bobble-head look of the characters, recycling of old tracks, and the fact that this is a wii exclusive. As much as I love SSX series there is no way I'm getting a wii, furthermore, I believe that making "Blur" a wii exclusive ( just because of their lame, gimmicky , controller :rolleyes ) is a very bad move. Unless of course they they are aware of that but they don't expect huge earnings from "Blur'". Maybe they only whipped it quickly together, not unlike FFX-2, using old settings and characters , to get some more money before the real thing (SSX5) comes out.
Other than that I think this this might be good, or at least better than OT.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:27 pm  Post subject:   
Not really. I lead a pretty good life.

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:37 am  Post subject:   
XBL: Paystationiat_512
PSN: Ablata_ab_albA
They shold kill themselves for making such shit. :frusty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:07 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
There's no going back now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:01 am  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
I thought this game wasn't the actual NEXT game in the series though, just a spin off for the unlucky bastards that spent £179 on a wii.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:59 am  Post subject:   
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
Didn't want to kill myself after seeing it. I wanted to just role up to EA Canada and pull a Terminator on them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:25 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: WAffle3690
I'm not goin to be harsh on critizing a game i haven't played yet, and I think you are the only one that wants to kill themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:26 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
royank wrote:
Didn't want to kill myself after seeing it. I wanted to just role up to EA Canada and pull a Terminator on them.

Only one?

I'd like to start a war, beat them up and then blast their office into oblivion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:38 pm  Post subject:   
Jonipoon wrote:
royank wrote:

Only one?

I'd like to start a war, beat them up and then blast their office into oblivion.

But then they wouldn't be able to make another SSX :heh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:00 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
Who cares? They never do what we ask for, so.... rather no SSX than a shitty generation of crappy, childish and re-maked SSX games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:05 pm  Post subject:   
Jonipoon wrote:
Who cares? They never do what we ask for, so.... rather no SSX than a shitty generation of crappy, childish and re-maked SSX games.

Okay, thats right.

But we could also scare them so much that the next SSX would be SSX Merqurycity, and they put any crap in or out, just as we want. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:43 pm  Post subject:   
My stomach dropped when I saw the slow motion monster tricks again...plus that they did not make any new tracks........................................
omfg..................................

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:28 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
We're being a little dramatic, don't you think?

I don't want to kill myself, I think I would rather stick around to see what it's REALLY like. But you're right, we should just jump to conclusions, that's the smartest route.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:13 pm  Post subject:   
Tokushu wrote:
We're being a little dramatic, don't you think?

I don't want to kill myself, I think I would rather stick around to see what it's REALLY like. But you're right, we should just jump to conclusions, that's the smartest route.

Good post.

Honestly, I'm more apt to kill myself because I feel dumber after I've read everyone's whining and bitching about how EA Big doesn't kiss our ****s and give us the exact game we wanted.

Sure, I'm far from stoked on what I've seen so far, but going ape**** on EA and crying over this and that is just ridiculous, especially when we have hardly seen or know anything yet.

If people wanna look like fools, then I suggest to continue jumping to conclusions.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:52 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
Honestly, I'm more apt to kill myself because I feel dumber after I've read everyone's whining and bitching about how EA Big doesn't kiss our ****s and give us the exact game we wanted.

Yeah, no kidding. :yes Jeez you guys, get all emo on EA for no reason why don't you.

There's a whole lot more SSX fans than just us, and they're input is as important as ours. It's a new studio making it this time around, you have to figure that it would be worth it to withhold judgement until you've actually played the game.

All this EA bashing on this board confounds me sometimes. They make one decent (but not great) game in SSX On Tour and suddenly everyone's out to get them. God forbid the next game should be decent as well! Agh! :heh :poke

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:20 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Actually, everything will be fine as long as the Burnout creators can stick to making their own games.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:05 am  Post subject:   
But I don't think anyone else would want slow motion monster tricks anyway, so why would they put them back in after everyone hated them?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:26 pm  Post subject:   
I didn't hate them. I don't think everyone hated them. Maybe they get more feedback than just from us, don't you think?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:21 pm  Post subject:   
i still just want marisol & jp back... :lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:53 am  Post subject:   
Amen!
Marisol = Bonche, Rumba! :D
Marisol = Buenoa!
Chévere!

(Okay, that's all the Venezuela Spanish I could get off wikipedia..)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:47 pm  Post subject:   
HD, I think it's interesting how you like the least popular characters that don't even belong in the snowboarding culture, I just think it's interesting, I mean no offense. Don't get me wrong, I like Seeiah and Eddie, who sure as hell don't have any place in this stuff. I don't know why I'm posting this. But... yay.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 24 posts ]