Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:44 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:01 am  Post subject: SSX delayed 2 weeks, new gameplay video appears  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Image In a letter written to all SSX fans, creative director for the new game in the series Todd Batty announced a 2 week delay for the new game. It's now releasing February 28th in North America and March 2nd elsewhere in the world.

In the same letter, Todd also talked about a new gameplay compilation. The raw, unedited gameplay footage, along with Batty's letter, can be found after the jump.

---

Todd Batty wrote:
To all our SSX Fans,

I wanted to let you all know firsthand that we recently decided to take a couple of extra weeks to give our game the final bit of polish we think it deserves. This means that we won’t be shipping the game to you until Feb. 28 in North America and Mar. 2 in the rest of the world. We hope that given how long you have waited for SSX to come back, you won’t mind waiting just a little bit longer. J

Over the course of more than 10 years of making games I have not worked on a single project where our team did not wish, coming down the home stretch, that we could have just a bit more time. Time to do all the little things that may not be noticeable during the first hour or two playing the game, but are appreciated over the course of days, weeks, months and beyond.

SSX was one of the games that always took the time to do exactly that. There is a reason why Tricky and SSX3 are still among the highest rated games of all time, and it is because even playing them today they still stand the test of time. Our goal from Day 1 was to re-launch this amazing franchise with a new SSX game that could live up to that legacy.

We are incredibly proud of where we are today and extremely thankful for all the support that you, the community, have given us in helping to shape this game. We are making this game for you, and we want to make sure that you’ll love it.

Check out our latest video compilation of pure gameplay footage here to see how awesome the game is looking and playing!

Sincerely,

Todd Batty

Creative Director, SSX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX delayed 2 weeks, new gameplay video appears  
PSN: MisterMountain
After seeing this two weeks seems like its going bto be two years :frusty

-Wise Man

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]