Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:12 am  Post subject: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Image For the past two weeks or so, Batty as has been trolling teasing us about "stuff and things" that are being worked on for potential DLC in SSX 2012.

Today we get a clue in the form of a video. The video's description is as follows:
Something new is coming to the mountains of SSX this summer.

What's coming is still classified information but SSX Creative Director Todd Batty (kingbitty) wanted you to see his latest run, tearing it up on Mt. Boris in Siberia. Even the cleverest eyes will only spot just some of what's on the way.

Stay tuned to our Twitter and Facebook accounts for more information on what's in store.

Hit the jump to check out the video.

---

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 pm  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
I'm guessing this is free-mode...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 pm  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
XBL: PaRtYR0ck3r
The tricks are slower !!!!!!
I think ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:30 am  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
XBL: magicstunts123
Yeah, its Freeride! :D
I hope that there will be some Objectives...or they are just trolling the fans ^^

He has made Tricks ive never seen.... :/
One-handed grind? How can i do that? :???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:20 am  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
Magicstunts123 wrote:
He has made Tricks ive never seen.... :/
One-handed grind? How can i do that? :???
There are no new tricks in the video.

There's a second set of grinds you can perform by double-tapping the trick buttons you'd normally use.
If you use O or B to do a handstand grind, double tap them (then hold the second tap) to do a one handed grind. These apply to all three stages of ubers, totaling 18 different grind tricks in all.
:battyyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:02 am  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
PSN: jonipooon
Freeride with a Hud-or-no-hud-option.

Where the hell is Allegra?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:52 pm  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
PSN: nagasy-be
RadicalPlayer wrote:
I'm guessing this is free-mode...

I'm thinking the same... Let's hope there is a collect <x> snowflakes HUD that you can toggle on and off...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:56 pm  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
PSN: CurryBrace
What if it's not freeride mode, it's just that Batty doesn't even have NPC friends to race against?
But seriously, this makes me wonder what else is going to get introduced. Trying not to get my hopes up for some splitscreen, but I'm definitely hoping for some splitscreen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:56 pm  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
CurryBrace wrote:
Trying not to get my hopes up for some splitscreen, but I'm definitely hoping for some splitscreen.
You should definitely not get your hopes up for splitscreen.

They commented quite a bit in late dev/early release that [a bunch of technical jargon that I don't understand] means no splitscreen ever.
:shrug
Sucks huh?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:59 pm  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
PSN: CurryBrace
Yeah, I know. The game's graphics couldn't hold a steady FPS rate with splitscreen running.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:45 pm  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
Freeride and starting the mountain again when your done I think... I really hope its free ride. Im assuming if it is freeride there's no HUD, instant restart and some fun challenges? That would be incredible!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 pm  Post subject: Re: "Something Wicked Is On Its Way"  
PSN: DWTKSW
The mountin looks a bit difrent or is it just me?

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]