Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Why the hate?  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
This is my second favorite SSX, a tiny little sliver ahead of Tricky, and a good bit behind 3. It's not so much because of the SSX we know and love, but more like a completely own game. I enjoyed it not primarily as a typical SSX game.

There are a few things that made this game excellent for me. Primarily the freeride. I have had many many hours worth of freeride on this game, from top to bottom of the mountain. That is definitely the best thing about this game in my opinion. It beats SSX 3's one because of a) how the tracks are laid out and b) it also has a score and time counter.

I also liked the difficulty progression and the "story" element. This game actually gets somewhat challenging in time, and I dig that.

I love the shreds system. Absolutely love it. Variation is excellent.

Of course, it is missing things like real character personality and it has many downfalls listed by most posters here, but when I put away the fact that it's an SSX game, I can truly enjoy and appreciate SSX On Tour as an excellent game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Why the hate?  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
898ppp wrote:
This is my second favorite SSX, a tiny little sliver ahead of Tricky, and a good bit behind 3. It's not so much because of the SSX we know and love, but more like a completely own game. I enjoyed it not primarily as a typical SSX game.

There are a few things that made this game excellent for me. Primarily the freeride. I have had many many hours worth of freeride on this game, from top to bottom of the mountain. That is definitely the best thing about this game in my opinion. It beats SSX 3's one because of a) how the tracks are laid out and b) it also has a score and time counter.

I also liked the difficulty progression and the "story" element. This game actually gets somewhat challenging in time, and I dig that.

I love the shreds system. Absolutely love it. Variation is excellent.

Of course, it is missing things like real character personality and it has many downfalls listed by most posters here, but when I put away the fact that it's an SSX game, I can truly enjoy and appreciate SSX On Tour as an excellent game.

This is literally everything I wanted to say about this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Why the hate?  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
I am a little "suspect" about this, and I've never played this ssx (on tour) but the graphics ,soundtrack, characters and boost look awesome,(more cool than ssx3) probably this game should be better in race than in freestyle, as already mentioned, but it seems that typical game that you spend hours and hours just to have fun, not to "play professionally" (and this isprimarily the reason that makes us play any type of game right?)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:23 am  Post subject: Re: Why the hate?  
PSN: jonipooon
The graphics of On Tour actually feel worse than SSX3. And I was never a fan of the fast speed, it made the tracks less detailed.

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  1, 2