Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:50 am  Post subject: Getting on tour for the psp  
What's the game like?
I would like to know how the menu looks like, How does the character screen look like, do i play the "story" mode like in 3 or on tour?
Do i have a CAC or can i choose one of the characters.
How's the trick system, is butter back? No slow-mo?
Can i customize the characters like in 3? Do boards have stats?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
SSX: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #1
PSN: Adru1011
Well, I've had the game for a good amount of time, I'll just tell it how it is like:
Menu has a bunch to choose from, right from the career mode, to practice, and to the pocket trax thingy ma' jig not much people bothered going into to for 15 minutes LOL!
You have A CAC, which there are many possible outfits to choose from and the boards are differed from their experience points from the stats.
The gameplay is just like SSX 3, but in portable. The uber tricks are back and the monster tricks are the same, old combo style uber tricks we loved.
Career mode is about ranking yourself up to the #1 spot, but in order to do that, there are different events(boarding and skiing race, big air and slopetyle, etc.) You will indeed face the characters of SSX OT.

So overall, this is a good game, set apart from the console version. The best snowboarding game on a portable system so far. BTW, I played Shaun White on PSP, it's alright. It has the experiencing the mountain kind of feel, just like SSX.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:31 am  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
i have shaun white on my psp.
it's a horrible game, it's like ssx for poor people.

So what your saying is that, the game - ssx ot on the psp is the same in terms of gamplay as the ps2 version BUT with tracks from ssx3 and it's trick system. Is that correct?
Is there a replay mode?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:16 am  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
It has the same kind of fundamental of SSX 3, but no replay mode....

Sorry to interrupt, but I thought Ubisoft could've made SWSB better, maybe with infrastructure mode, whole mountains to ride(not segments of a mountain) and SHOULD'VE got the CAC in that game. Everything else except those were alright.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:11 am  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
well they fucked up with the score system and the quests, that stuff was annoying as hell.
And the tracks where too small, and the music began to annoy me.
I am thinking of getting OT for the psp because of that, i'd rather have an arcade game that i can play on the train and stuff.
another question, can i have custom tracks in this game? Like a playlist from my memorycard?
What are the unlockables for this game?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
I don't think you can have custom tracks. You will be able to unlock new boards and outfits. That's pretty much it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
got the game.
it's okay.
How do i unlock characters?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
You have to win shred events on SSX Legends.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:17 am  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
maybe one tip with the challenges: try to not do them in parts, otherwise you won't unlock new ones, like me ^^
I found out that there were more challenges. I firdst completed the easy ones then the harder but for some reason the new challlenges won't appear on my f***ing game :frusty

just finish all the challenges and not one by one :lol

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:50 am  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
why does this game lack so many tracks?
No metro city? that track from peak 2.
WHY?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:29 am  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
soundwave wrote:
why does this game lack so many tracks?
No metro city? that track from peak 2.
WHY?

dunno why don't u ask EA themself ???

PM gondee, he'll be able to give u a mail adress of EA :) (I guess ^^)

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Bennieboj wrote:
PM gondee, he'll be able to give u a mail adress of EA :) (I guess ^^)

Not anymore. :( :no I lost their ear a while ago. :shrug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 am  Post subject: Re: Getting on tour for the psp  
What i don't get is why the trick buttons are on the boost and boardpress buttons.
It's very annoying when doing a slopestyle your character bails just because he grabs the board in mid air because you've been pressing the triangle or the square for boost.
Should've been on the X and O instead. since pressing X again wouldn't be a problem and O is barly used since the handstand in this game is just random.
I also don't understand why can't i play a custom soundtrack, the OT gets boring after a while just like 3's ost.
The characters don't talk, but that's okay.
Still since officially the game is 500 mb big and the UMD is something of a gig i don't get why they didn't put in more content?
Yeah it's a port but it would've been nice if there were more tracks or at least it was a port of Blur so i could've enjoyed the best of the best.
With some of OT's tarcks.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]