Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:22 am  Post subject: intermediate needs (money?) help!  
Hi, I bought SSX On Tour for PS2, my first such game since Coolboarders 2. It's fun, but I'm kinda stuck. Playing as some female skier, I've completed nearly all the semi-pro shreds and events (winning either silver or gold), have one sponsor (Koobski), and have advanced to #33 on the tour. But am finding it nearly impossible to advance further.

I bought one monster trick and Crichton skis, and have only $700k in the bank. Those damn Merqury's are $2M! :???

Should I
  • keep struggling to beat pro events
  • free ride around to make money (I only make a few $k each run, so that's 600 runs to get the money)
  • buy some attributes (thus losing my $700k)
  • go back to past events and struggle to beat high scores to get more sponsors.

I think the key is making money, then spending it wisely. I would really appreciate suggestions for both, thanks. The FAQ could usefully have "how to Make Money Fast!" and "How to spend yo' money" sections for intermediates.

I guess I could cheat to gain money, but death before dishonor :)

Think snow! Fight global warming.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:21 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
Okay, first off, you need to buy more Monster Tricks, one is not enough. Once you have like 5 different Monsters to choose from, you'll win the freestyle events much easier.

Competing in old events to beat old records is good if you want better sponsorships, but I suggest you keep on struggling to beat new events all the time. But if you have silver or bronze on some events, you should try them again and get gold or higher.

Do not waste your time in seeking money around the mountain. It's crappy and cheap, you'll never earn enough to buy things in the shops.

Once you've earned lots of cash in the freestyle events, you should buy attributes for race (like the start gate boost). If you have problems with finding short cuts, take a look at the SSX On Tour Master Runs here on MerquryCity.com.

Hope this will help you on the way. If you want to know something else, just ask. ;)

One other thing: Do not use cheats. It is so noobish and destroys the game feeling.

BTW, Congratulations to the purchase of SSX On Tour.............................

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:24 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
You are at the toughest point in the game. I had the most trouble where you are - some of the Pro/Pro-Master events are INSANELY hard. The key is sticking it out, and if you can, get the best skis you can. The second place BX skis may NOT be the best ones, I believe the best racing skis have better attributes - if you sell your existing skis, you may be able to move up to the First Blood Skis.

It all depends on what trophies are left - if you've gotten mostly racing trophies, keep your BX skis and focus on mastering the Freestyle events. If you need more racing trophies, sell your BX skis for the racing skis. Once you start beating track records, you will get more sponsorships, and that's where the money comes in. Focus on what you're good at, and go back and set track records to get better money rewards. :yes

The key here is just sticking with it - buy one or two more MT's- don't worry about any attributes except for one of the boost ones - they are BY FAR the most useful attributes to buy. The gate jump isn't that great - either the one that lets you get more boost from tricks or the one that extends your boost life is the most important.

Keep up with the shreds too, and read the FAQ and watch the vids here - that's by far the most important thing to watch. There's not only vids on Master Runs, but also vids on Shreds as well (look at the bottom for Tutorial videos).

http://www.merqurycity.com/masters/mast ... _list.html

http://www.merqurycity.com/masters/mast ... orial.html

Good luck! :yes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:11 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
gondee wrote:
some of the Pro/Pro-Master events are INSANELY hard.

Now I remember it. The Pro/Pro-Master events were even harder than the Legendary Shreds. ;)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]