Switch to full style
Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:38 pm

Ultima is going to selll it in 2 weeks for the prince of 79 zł.
That is hell of a cheap price.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:28 pm

You sure it went platinum? It took 8 months for SSX3 to get platinumed here in Portugal, and I doubt On Tour is already after only like 4-5 months.

Edit: What am I doing? He's banned...I forgot it. Anyway can someone *confirm* this?

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:03 am

I don't see any proof that it went platnium.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:21 am

I agreed with Gamefreak06 here.

I, too, don't see any proof of OT going platinum if you're talking about some game going for 79 zt (whatever the hell it is).

When you get into forums, be specific on what you are discussing.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:44 am

Games very rarely go Platinum (the 'Greatest Hits' equivalent in Europe) before 8-18 months after the release, so I don't think so...

Filip got banned? What did he do? Can't he just make a new account...?

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:48 am

When you're banned you're given a cookie...

He can't post under his IP address. The cookie is easily deleted (or eaten) if you understand basic computing :heh, and he can post again.

But, if he does. He'll be banned again. And then it'll just start getting annoying.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:56 am

Cookies don't store IP addresses... If his IP address was banned he could simply use a proxy server.

But why did he get banned?

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:56 am

and he'll be funky-incarnate....:lol

it's possible this game is just becoming a budget title and not going plat...i can see the price dropping but not it getting a GH tag.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:03 pm

RE, it's more like "why didn't he get banned". If you went around to other forums you'd see all the bullshit he was pulling.

But I said it sucks that he's gone, we were on very good terms. But a lot of other members disliked him, and I can't blame them for it. He was nice to like, Me, NA, and Flexxx, and an asshole to everyone else on the board.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:43 am

If it's true, maybe we've been underestimating SSXOT... :P

Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:59 am

Its already selling for anywhere between £10-20 pounds used in the uk. A platinum release wont make much difference over here i guess.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:37 pm

It's no surprise that OT is going Plat or GH sometime soon. It is a fairly good game, and the reason most of us are turned off by it is because it offers little improvement from SSX 3. As a stand alone game from the others in the series, it is a pretty good game.

Plus, OT has the SSX name in its title, which contributes to how popular it is. Even games with horrible gameplay can turn into a GH, such as Tomb Raider:AoD for example.

Anyways, OT has been gicing sales a lot throughout the now 7 months its been out, so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes GH soon. It takes at least 8 months for a game to go GH, right?

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:22 pm

Vivi FF wrote:It's no surprise that OT is going Plat or GH sometime soon. It is a fairly good game, and the reason most of us are turned off by it is because it offers little improvement from SSX 3. As a stand alone game from the others in the series, it is a pretty good game.

Plus, OT has the SSX name in its title, which contributes to how popular it is. Even games with horrible gameplay can turn into a GH, such as Tomb Raider:AoD for example.

Anyways, OT has been gicing sales a lot throughout the now 7 months its been out, so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes GH soon. It takes at least 8 months for a game to go GH, right?

I don't know how it works for other game companies, but Nintendo makes games Player's Choice (basicly Platnuim) if it was extremly popular. How popular? Tales of Symphonia shook Nintendo by its sales, and Tales series has only made one appeance in America which only old gamers could remember, yet the game never got the award.

So how does it work for others?
Post a reply