Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:24 am  Post subject: no burton boards in SSX: OT?  
why no burton boards in SSX: OT? :???

i have a burton board in real life, its pretty schweet :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:56 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
...the fuck is a burton board?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:25 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
It's a brand of boards. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:14 pm  Post subject:   
lol just in case you don't really snowboard, burton is a brand name snowboard company... they're probably the best; they sponsor the best such as Shaun White, Ross Powers, Hannah Teter, Kelly Clark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:23 pm  Post subject:   
Burton Board?

Well, I don't think SSX can (or should) have all of the currents in one game. Maybe they'll do it in the next one or maybe in the one before. (I would still love to see a GLX board by Santa Cruz in the next one. They keep remaking it anyways.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:18 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
Personally, I don't think ssx should have any real world items...but that's just me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:54 pm  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
Personally, I don't think ssx should have any real world items...but that's just me.

I like the idea that they do add real items. I mean, some games shouldn't but consider Need for Speed, it hs real cars in it and it is loved, SSX is about snowboarding so why not? (And I have this feeling that some companies pay EA to put their boards in the game, others don't.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:11 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
Well, in a sense, it's a good thing but it's also a bad thing. Product placement becomes key and then the game takes a backseat, know what I mean?

I think EA also has to pay for using brand name stuff. I'm not sure though....

Either way, it detracts from the real issue at hand, the game. Some games feel like walking adverts. If you look at SSX and SSX on Tour side by side, you'd never guess they were the same game.

Sure boards and stuff are cool, but to a certain extent.

Example: I fricken hated the mofugly honda element in ssx3...gah, gah, and gah. :lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:39 am  Post subject:   
vix wrote:

So they should be naked? :S

Kekekkeke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:27 am  Post subject:   
vix wrote:

No I's not just you vix.
I mean, real world stuff is ok as long as we still get outrageous stuff like No Allowance :lol , SSX 2000, Lawmaker, those crazy backpacks and helmets, NORMAL looking hats (in OT ALL hats looked WRONG) gorgeous looking attribute-free regular boards or the cool looking attribute-free anime boards (assigning attributes to boards is the dumbest thing ever, I was overjoyed when they got rid of that feature in SSX3 but for god knows what reason they brought it back in OT :frusty). I would prefer all fictional items but if they have to bring in real world stuff they could at least do a nice mix of both.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:08 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
vix wrote:

No it isn't just you I agree sompletely :heh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:57 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
Nah, I thought the idea of the real world stuff was cool... but that's not what SSX is. So I thought it would have been cooler to just have the old STUFF boards and... stuff. But yeah, my board is totally in there. Rome Machine baby, and my friend has the Rome Artifact, which is also in there. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:07 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
I think it could have been cool if it was done to a certain extent...I'm not a boarder or a skier, the real world companies will never win me over by product placement in a video game. (example: all the fricken nokia signs in the hawk games, i think thps4).

Since this is or was ssx, however you want to look at SOT, I guess real world stuff fit in but in the SSX world, I don't think it does, they would have been better off creating fake companies and such with radio commercials and what not, but that would have shown creativity, something SOT lacked.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:32 pm  Post subject:   
Granola Hero wrote:
vix wrote:

No I's not just you vix.
I mean, real world stuff is ok as long as we still get outrageous stuff like No Allowance :lol , SSX 2000, Lawmaker, those crazy backpacks and helmets, NORMAL looking hats (in OT ALL hats looked WRONG) gorgeous looking attribute-free regular boards or the cool looking attribute-free anime boards (assigning attributes to boards is the dumbest thing ever, I was overjoyed when they got rid of that feature in SSX3 but for god knows what reason they brought it back in OT :frusty). I would prefer all fictional items but if they have to bring in real world stuff they could at least do a nice mix of both.

A.) Only cross country skiers carry back-packs when skiing. (I just have a pocket full of candy bars to keep me going.)

B.) Yes, those hats were ugly on guys. But my sister loved them on girls.

C.) Actually, they need a mix of buying attributes and board states. I mean, SSX 3 was not logical because you could have a short board but it could be faster than any other board out there. But then SSX on Tour wasn't either because boards like the GLX could outrun a board in its same length. (The longer the board/skies, the faster you go but the harder it is to move in air. Come on SSX Tricky players, you should know this!)

D.) EA did mix stuff all the time in SSX. Just on Tour only had one fake board, but a lot of fake clothing. Be happy for jeans you don't see Levi logos.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:43 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
Note to A...it's a video game, who cares what happens in real life...if that was the case, all the characters would be dead and there would be no such thing as ssx in the first place. :lol Every outfit of kaori's on tricky has a backpack and I don't think she was a cross country skier. :)

As for the levi's, never say never, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:50 pm  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
Note to A...it's a video game, who cares what happens in real life...if that was the case, all the characters would be dead and there would be no such thing as ssx in the first place. :lol Every outfit of kaori's on tricky has a backpack and I don't think she was a cross country skier. :)

Respond to first part: I wouldn't know, I played Tricky for a little while and just hated it because it was all about events, I couldn't get use to the mountain quickly.

Respond to the second part: Hopefully it won't happen as....what, is there such thing as skiing/snowboarding jeans? No. So I don't think we have anything to fear (for now....)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:58 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
Just because there isn't something now....doesn't mean anything in the future, lol....

just look at some of the clothes in 3, they could pass for jeans...so how long before they become sponsored too. :shrug

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:51 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
Gamefreak, I don't know where you snowboard, or who you snowboard with, but you're crazy either way.

I've seen PLENTY people wear jeans snowboarding, it's a way to show off how good you are, that you don't need big fluffy snowboarding pants, and can just go with some jeans. Also, backpacks? Dude, people wear backpacks all the time, ever heard of backcountry? Or how about snowy days. You'll see a shit load of people up there with backpacks, so you can put your thick gloves in there when you need em, or put your jacket away.

I'm glad we have you to be our Snowboarding/Skiing Encyclopedia, but you might wanna touch up on your information a little bit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:54 am  Post subject:   
Tokushu wrote:
Gamefreak, I don't know where you snowboard, or who you snowboard with, but you're crazy either way.

I've seen PLENTY people wear jeans snowboarding, it's a way to show off how good you are, that you don't need big fluffy snowboarding pants, and can just go with some jeans. Also, backpacks? Dude, people wear backpacks all the time, ever heard of backcountry? Or how about snowy days. You'll see a shit load of people up there with backpacks, so you can put your thick gloves in there when you need em, or put your jacket away.

I'm glad we have you to be our Snowboarding/Skiing Encyclopedia, but you might wanna touch up on your information a little bit.

A.) Sadly, one in which is just a golf course covered in snow. Then also Colorado.

B.) I must have missed all of those people with jeans then.

C.) Backcountry is one thing, but most of the time when I see people with backpacks, they are usually going to stay on the mountain all day except to go to the bathroom or need to bring to much stuff (when wearing a coat, gloves, and everything else.)

D.) Sorry if I'm pushing anyone's buttons. :heh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:14 am  Post subject:   
PSN: RocketCat
vix wrote:

i agreee... i they dont use real workld items, they have more freedom to create wil n wacky stuff...

*misses zoe and allegra outfits from SSX3*
:cry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:10 pm  Post subject:   
Gamefreak06 wrote:
Granola Hero wrote:
vix wrote:

No I's not just you vix.

A.) Only cross country skiers carry back-packs when skiing. (I just have a pocket full of candy bars to keep me going.)

B.) Yes, those hats were ugly on guys. But my sister loved them on girls.

C.) Actually, they need a mix of buying attributes and board states. I mean, SSX 3 was not logical because you could have a short board but it could be faster than any other board out there. But then SSX on Tour wasn't either because boards like the GLX could outrun a board in its same length. (The longer the board/skies, the faster you go but the harder it is to move in air. Come on SSX Tricky players, you should know this!)

D.) EA did mix stuff all the time in SSX. Just on Tour only had one fake board, but a lot of fake clothing. Be happy for jeans you don't see Levi logos.

As you can probably tell from my earlier post, when it comes to gear and the nature of its use I am not interested in ultra realism.

A) As far as the backpacks go, like I said I couldn't care less about who wears what in real life, backpacks looked cool in SSX3 and I want them back dammit.

B) With the exception of "The Basic" every single hat looked like it was just thrown on top of character's head. The hats were not sitting right because they looked like they weren't pulled down enough. They just looked silly on everyone and the selection was horrible.

C) I am aware that in real world they have different types of skiis/snowboards for different uses, but I really don't care I want to be able to use any board for any type of terrain in any type of event without worrying that I'm going to be the lamest contestant.

D) When I complained about lack of fictional stuff I was of course referring to OT. And the look of clothing and gear in OT, both real-world and fictional, didn't really matter because they looked OK in the CAC screen but due to the terrible lighting and horrible graphics everything looked like washed out crap in the game. Also like I said they had no special items whatsoever. I know that those zapping things on Psymon's head are not something a snowboarder would wear in real world but I still want them.

Bottom line is I don't care about realism and practicality of Items, I want regular stuff but I also want cool, weird and unusual things that look great and maybe do some special things (for instance wings, rocket backpack, and FX in SSX3). And no I don't consider the boltons from OT to be any of those things. They were just lame.

And not to be completely off topic :wink , yes, they should have few Burton boards in the game :shrug .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:24 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
Gamefreak06 wrote:
vix wrote:

Respond to first part: I wouldn't know, I played Tricky for a little while and just hated it because it was all about events, I couldn't get use to the mountain quickly.

Respond to the second part: Hopefully it won't happen as....what, is there such thing as skiing/snowboarding jeans? No. So I don't think we have anything to fear (for now....)

I have a question. Did you even give tricky a chance? or did you realise it was nothing like SSX3 and give up? Because playing it with one or two characters getting to elysium alps and telling yourself this sucks. Isnt really giving the game a chance to show you what it's all about.

Another reason why I detest SSX3 and on tour.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:30 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Veckodag
I dont care, aslong as I can play the game...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:58 am  Post subject:   
NA wrote:
Gamefreak06 wrote:
vix wrote:

I have a question. Did you even give tricky a chance? or did you realise it was nothing like SSX3 and give up? Because playing it with one or two characters getting to elysium alps and telling yourself this sucks. Isnt really giving the game a chance to show you what it's all about.

Another reason why I detest SSX3 and on tour.

Actually, I palyed it a bit to get a very faint idea what it was like compared to (at the time) SSX 3. I just didn't fall in love with it right off the bat because of I was always doing an event (which just bugged me.) In SSX games, I mostly care of how it plays, not all the functions and graphics.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:12 pm  Post subject:   
Back when I actually did snowboard a bit, I almost bought a Burton board. They're very cool. I forgot why I didn't (I'm that old). Burton is a mainstay, and should be in any realistic game.

Like someone else implied, they'll put as many logos in a game as modern consoles will allow. Next, you'll be able to earn brand-name tattoos for your CACs.

I thought that snowboarding jeans existed. Shame on you for bursting my bubble! Actually, if you think about fabric (and who doesn't?), it would be fairly easy to manufacture snowboarding jeans, so if you're correct, then I have to wonder why nobody has done it.

Real-life branding in games completely sucks. Most logos are ugly. I'd pay money to remove the stinking Honda Element and dnL (AND rename the monster trick) from SSX3. No comment on OT.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 48 posts ]  1, 2