Switch to full style
Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:56 am

"The ceremony is the capping event of the annual D.I.C.E. (Design, Innovate, Create, Entertain) convention, put on for the last eight years by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences (AIAS) game-development association."

Winner in bold

GENRE AWARDS
Sports Game of the Year
- NBA 2K6 (P: 2K Games, D: Visual Concepts)
- MLB 2006 (P:/D: Sony Computer Entertainment America)
- SSX On Tour (P: EA, D: EA Canada)
- MLB 2K5: WS Edition (P: 2K Games, D: Visual Concepts)
- Super Mario Strikers (P: Nintendo, D: Next Level)

Full story: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144053.html

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:07 pm

Yay, Super Mario Football :woot

I guess we all know that SSX is the best sports game ever (not very realistig but...)
:blahblah

wtf is MLB?

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:10 pm

Major League Baseball.

It must has been an uber slow year in sports games to have sot be the best. :wtf

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:16 pm

Don't you like it or is it bad?
I only played a Demo. Was too short to see if it's good

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:24 pm

I sold my OT.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:27 pm

:jawdrop

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:31 pm

Well Ostro, just look at most of the topics in the SOT forum or better yet, take a looky at this thread: http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/vi ... php?t=5686

For a lot of SSX fans, SOT was a huge disappointment as it lacked what makes SSX SSX.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:38 pm

Wow, :eek out of that selection i would of definitely chose nba 2k6 since it has a lot more replay value with online play and is much funner than SOT :heh Congrats for SSX :cheers

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:44 pm

OT, that can't be serious! Great, now EA has even less reason to fix the damn thing. :frusty

vix wrote:It must has been an uber slow year in sports games to have sot be the best. :wtf

One of supposedly. :??? What drugs were they taking, and why aren't they sharing?

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:05 pm

NBA 2K6 should've won.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:29 pm

It was the only EA game in there ...

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:01 pm

anything other than sot should have won. :wtf :|

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:12 am

How.... the..... hell.... did THAT win. SSX On tour may deserve the worst game award but not the best.

Oh well shows what happens when Tony Hawk isnt in the category

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:14 pm

I thought Madden would have been on there. Anyways, those two MLB games(MVP was the best) and OT are horrible nominations

Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:10 pm

yeah, like i said...it must have been a SLOW year in sports. :wtf

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 am

im afraid to get my head chopped off, if i say that i think SOT is better than SSX3 :|

witch i dont! :p

*sigh*

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:13 am

*Puts back axe*

... Ok

:)

Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:43 pm

OKE :|

... :(

but what IF i said it ? :P

*notes the rising number of axes*

*shuts up*

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:00 pm

:eek

Incredible...

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:25 pm

RE Virus wrote::eek

Incredible...

More like weird... :eek :heh

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:24 pm

oh noes! this is terrible......why reinforce terrible game design/polish with an award. All this serves to do is raise the confidence in ppl who shouldn't be confident in what they do....or proud of what they have done.

:sad

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:46 pm

laidback0378 wrote:oh noes! this is terrible......why reinforce terrible game design/polish with an award. All this serves to do is raise the confidence in ppl who shouldn't be confident in what they do....or proud of what they have done.

:sad

Hear hear! I seriously wonder if there might have been a "persuasion" involved in it's winning.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:37 pm

On the one hand, I applaud taking chances with established series and the constant re-inventing of the user interface. On the other side of the coin, if in taking chances things don't work out as planned, why celebrate it?

Tricky had a full 3D user interface, SXX3 was all about quickly getting you into the game, and SSX4 is all about taking acid and doodling away. I don't have an issue with that, maybe that is why the game won the award.... :shrug

Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:51 am

That's not fair. :P There are other sports game that deserves that place more than On Tour.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:46 am

Wow, so that's what happens when you inhale shoe polish cream. But seriously, there is no way OT is the best sports game of the year. I completely agree with Kamyk. I don't know what the sales numbers are for OT but unless they are catastrophically low, I'm afraid that EA will continue on this path, thinking that this is what we wanted.
Post a reply