Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:29 am  Post subject: An interesting challenge  
XBL: FreeRangePagey
My friends and I decided to create a character (her name is NOBUY) where we play through the game without buying her anything at all. This means no Monster Tricks, no new Boards, none of the attributes, nothing. We even sold the board she started with, so now her board is 0 for all attributes.

I still managed to "beat the game," and see the "after the tour" video at the end; however, I am now stuck on the one Legendary Shred where you race down the whole mountain against 3 Yeti, starting in On The Rocks.

I think it's actually impossible to beat. I'm wondering if anyone else out there would want to try this. Even when I got unlimited boost towards the end of OTR (where there are 2 boost icons in a row, making it pretty easy to get full), and didn't wipe out for the entire mountain, I still lost by over a course and a half - like 1,100 meters!

Maybe if I tried more glitch/reset shortcuts, I could pull it off - I never really use those much. Of course, that would mean sacrificing unlimited boost, which for a character that crappy is pretty important.

Can anyone do this with a clean run?

I know, I know, this sounds kinda silly, but after playing the game through twice with a boarder and twice with a skier, I decided on this. And it did provide some challenge - a couple shreds (lead by 275 meters or by 400,000 trick points - on Roadkill and B & E I believe) took me quite a few tries. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there and see if anyone was interested in my plight.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:53 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I've thought about this before, since there are similar challenges in games like the Final Fantasy series.

Problem is, On Tour just isn't that much fun to play when you ARE fully powered up, and it's frustrating as is. I don't think I could take it if it were any more challenging. :heh

Are you using all the optimal lines from the Master Runs in your final race? I bet you could win if you did that. :)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]