Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:04 pm  Post subject: [Multi-play] reset catch-up?!  
XBL: FreeRangePagey
I was doing a 2-player race with my friend. Whenever one of us got up by more than a couple hundred meters, it would do a weird reset and put us closer together, either by moving the leader back, or the follower forward (or both, maybe). Also, if one person resets, that seems to happen sometimes.

?!?!?!?!

Anyone else experience this?! It's really lame. Our theory was that maybe it can't have that much of the track loaded at once (not that that was an issue in previous SSX's).

Very strange...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:47 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yeah, it's lame. Unfortunately, it's a result of the streaming system. The system can't read the data for two sets of tracks or even two different areas of tracks at the same time so it warps you to the lead person.

So lame it almost offsets the streaming system altogether.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:17 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
It is really lame since they were bragging that multiplayer would be so awesome in this game because they were not putting online in...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:07 am  Post subject:   
eviltim wrote:
It is really lame since they were bragging that multiplayer would be so awesome in this game because they were not putting online in...

Kekekkeke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:22 am  Post subject:   
Actually... I believe that the multiplayer was never hyped.
It was the single player experience that they said they were focusing on due to lack of an online mode. Barely anything was mentioned about multiplayer except that it would be present. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:29 pm  Post subject:   
i dont have ontour..
but i know that ssx3 and tricky for xbox doesnt do that.. my friends all dont know how to play it and are like.. at the start when im at the end..

was it like that for ssx3 and tricky on ps2?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:37 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Frontside_Air wrote:
Actually... I believe that the multiplayer was never hyped.

Multiplayer was hyped...a lot...and in that hype it was even said that since there was no online mode there was going to be this kick ass bitchin multiplayer that would blow your socks off...

But alas, it sucks like the rest of the game. :poke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:56 pm  Post subject:   
Please jog my memory to where you saw that multiplayer was going to be as good as you say.
I just don't remember reading anything anlong those lines. But I do remember reading that the single player experience was going to be worked on more due to the lack of an online mode. Maybe I just don't read as much as you do.
If it was mentioned then it was probably an isolated incidence or most likely said during the earlier stages of development.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:07 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Nope, you're remembering incorrectly. Steven Anthony hyped the multi-player galore on the Gamespot previews because of the fact there was no online.

So yeah, it's rather bittersweet. Expanded two player mode, but it's so saddled with negative effects that no one wants to play it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:48 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Gamespot and Steve Anthony:

Quote:
GS: What kind of multiplayer will it have? Will there be online modes?

SA: We won't be doing any online modes this year, but more importantly, our multiplayer this year offers new challenges to fans of the series by allowing riders to compete in shred and medal events anywhere on the mountain, in addition to the ability to free-ride from top to bottom.

full article just about multiplayer: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/ssx4 ... id=6135239

and that's just what i could find by skimming links. there's more but i just don't have the time right now to find em all...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:22 pm  Post subject:   
Wow, nice sleuthing there gondee and vix. :china You are right I didn't remember correctly.
Yeah it is too bad that multiplayer got kinda hacked, oh well I rarely play ssx 3 multiplayer (online or off) anyway so I am not missing anything by not playing OT multiplayer i guess.
Now if I was missing something then I would have a reason to be pissed! :heh

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]