Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:02 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:25 am  Post subject:   
Hey, isn't there a poll on the OT website for this? Well, if you haven't taken it, please go to the OT website and take the poll if you can find it...Oh, i understand why this is here... anyways:

Though I can't remember everything, I'll post what I remember-

-=What you Liked=-
Hip-hop music
CAC is available
Different shops
*Motion Blur
Crowded mountain is alright...
Vets are back
Monster slowmo if it had a better camera
2 player freeride
skiing
TraCks!!!!!!
Ummm...Is Royank's board in there?

-=Dislikes=-
CAC system
punk rock- no offense, but it just didn't match...
Monsters and it's camera
crowded mountain is hard
Vet voiceovers
NO UBERS!! :sad
monsters are boring
no replay
umm, boost meter, I have some kind of beef with it

-=Looking Forward to...=-
Customizable music using the USB port
different radio stations
Royank's board shop
30fps?
DJs, all of the past DJs like Rahzel, and Atomika, with their own style of music!
:dj
2 player everything
snap-ons
CAC voices and Better vet voices
Customizable Vets
snowskating :???
some kind of crazy thing to make things less boring at times(eg.Jetpacks :heh )because I have outplayed my SSX3!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:25 am  Post subject:   
What i liked:
Fresh new tracks
Hardly ever went out of bounds
Skiing is a nice new addition
I personally like the music and interface.
Still amazing gameplay.

Didn't like:
No online
No Dj
characer creator could have been better

Final score: i give it an 8.5/10

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:10 am  Post subject:   
What you liked about the game, and what features they should bring to the next version

- Courses were really nice like always
- Atleast somekind of CAC
- The invicible wall. Not easy to find wormholes anymore.
- Extremely rare out of bounds
- Skis
- Able to race all the mountain on all tracks
- Royank's board
- Different kind of shops
- Drawed things were pretty cool
- 2 player freeride and challenges (shreds)
- NPCs on the mountain was nice
- Music was ok
What you didn't like about the game - be frank, but don't rant. If you didn't like something, state why and move on.

- Trick stick. Monster tricks were fun to do on SSX3, and required some skill.
- Invicible wall sometimes too close to track
- Kaori speaks English
- Can only play the game through as a CAC
- Slo-mo and when the camera went to a stupid angle. You cant see the ground sometimes
- CAC was bad

What you missed from this version - tell EA what you sorely missed from this version of SSX.

- I missed the vets. You cant play as them when you do the career mode :sad
- No more yellow or red pee as boost :cry
- No online :mad
- No replay :frusty
- Metro City :heh
- Monster tricks
- No more big air events, only shred (4 jump stuff)
- No multipliers
- No more backcountrys
- Boost bar no more in the right side of screen
- Cant get combo from 180s anymore (What was so bad about it? :dead )
- Sessions on freeride
- Kaoris Japanese
- Once again ONLINE :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
- A DJ who actually speaked

What suggestions you would like to see in the next game apart from what was featured in this game or any of the previous.

Everything what I wrote in the "what you missed in this version" section, like I wrote "Kaoris Japanese" so I miss Kaoris Japanese. Hope you understand this :heh

Would give it a 6.25/10.00 :poke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:58 pm  Post subject:   
this is just a quick suggestion related to the aesthetics of the game:

Ragdoll physics.

Let's see some unconscious, flailing riders bouncing off of the insane terrain in SSX4, rather than having simple prescripted animations and dualshock feedback, have the process of a crash be more immersive and outrageous by implementing ragdoll. :wtf

They could figure whether or not to use the effect depending on how hard (fast) you hit/what surfaces you hit. You wouldn't wanna be using ragdoll for some small fall, but rather when you fall for 300 ft and then slam into a rock outcropping, I imagine the person would do more than just slowly roll/flip.

Okay, didn't do much good not ranting. Now I gotta really play the game.... :cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:41 pm  Post subject:   
What you liked about the game, and what features they should bring to the next version

In this game, the course design was very very enjoyable, however I do think it strayed too much from the ssx design- but more on that later.

The blur effect was wonderful, it made racing so much more difficult, in a good way.

The one mountain concept of ssx3 was done rather well.

The controls felt solid, all around.

I liked monster moments, no matter what anyone else says about them.

Skiing. Skiing! Skiing! It was a great time, and a wonderful way to shake things up.

The CAC, but again, more on that later.

The Merqury City board: a great way to say thanks to your fans.

What you didn't like about the game - be frank, but don't rant. If you didn't like something, state why and move on.

The map, it greatly ruined the essence of real mountain life that ssx3 managed to capture. Also, it lacked structure. We need that, to have a certain monsterous peak unattainable until you are wll into the game.

The CAC- while it is a nice feature to have, it should NOT replace using vets. Just minimal interactions, such as Psymon challenging you to a race can more fully imerse me in the ssx world.

The course design. First of all, I know I said I liked them, I thought that they were getting TOO realistic. While they were immaculate for a sim game, ssx is not. Except for a few courses such as hot damn, I could actually see myself riding down them. And well, with my skills, that isn't a thign I am aiming for in a game. :heh

Multiplayer was a joke, seeing as how if you got too far ahead your opponent would be warped ahead a la halo. It probably was due to hardware limitations, but I would rather have races exclusively for single tracks than those all mountain races.

I'll finish this tomorrow.

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:57 am  Post subject:   
What you liked about the game
~CAC
~Skiis
~Slow mo monsters
~Graphics

what features they should bring to the next version
~Day/night toggle
~CAC & Veteran option
~Better voices :/
~Superpipes!
~Merqury city course
~Better music, custom music would be cool - but I liked the techno
~Dj!!
~Alpine/Long boards of course!!
~Marisol & seeiah! They are my favs

What you didn't like about the game
~Courses - Beacuse They all seemed the same, the got boring pretty fast
~Logo/mascot things - they are annoying and ugly :P
~No Alpine boards
~No marisol or seeiah
~All the little kids getting in the way
~All the trees in my way
~Monster tricks/trick stick

What you missed from this version - tell EA what you sorely missed from this version of SSX.
~Marisol & Seeiah :sad :cry :cry
~Garabaldi
~Proper voices for the vets
~Uber tricks
~A variety of courses
~Good sunglasses :wink

What suggestions you would like to see in the next game apart from what was featured in this game or any of the previous.
~Shopping? Like you go into a mall & have the people (like sims..) walk around to different shops so they casn buy their stuff :D
~A house/apartment

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:50 am  Post subject:   
XBL: RazorbackKing
What I liked...

The soundtrack, while it was missing some solid electronic/big beat jams, was still great with it's mix of old and new music, something I would <3 to see in more of EA's games.

Skiing provided a unique on gameplay and fit in perfectly well, hell I'm like a lot of others in that skiing was funner then snowboard to me.

The courses themselves, while sometimes confusing in structure and set-up, had a great natural style and if mixed into the crazy courses of SSX past, would be a great change of pace between the two course styles. Plus the lack of out of bounds was well needed in the free ride

The presentation was very well executed, for a company nitorious for phoning it in it was surprising and fasinating to look at.

The Monster tricks were pretty sweet, even though I would like to see the camera help make it a little easier to land. Also I thought it'd be sweet if you did the level 1 and 2 ubers like in SSX 3, and the first uber 2 went all slow mo like the monster tricks did in this.

What I didn't like...

The crowd was too big and became more annoying then anything else at times. Especially when coming up to a jump only to smack into some little brat and miss the jump.

The SSX series has always been about the personality of the people involve... so why can't my CaC have some personality to him and have to be f--king Silent Bob.

On that same note, Why can't I play as Mac in career mode or something like that? Come on...

All of the new characters were f--king cookie cutter, I can't tell anything different from Sid and Tyson, or Skye... besides the fact that Skye is a girl and the other two aren't.

I liked the DJs in past SSX games, they gave the experience a certain something thats missing in SSX OT.

What I want to see in the next game...

A DJ

Personality and differences in characters.

The greatest soundtrack ever... rock... hip-hop... electronic... make it unforgetable. Loud, big, and full of energy, I want it to get me psyched for tearing the mountain a new one!

A hidden mini game or two would be pretty sweet, hell look at Geomatry Wars in Project Gotham Racing 2, that mini game was a reason to buy the game to begin with.

Make CaCs an option, and not mandatory. Also make the CaC on par with the CaC in the Tiger Woods games.

Snowskating would be pretty sweet

Finally, don't try to make it Tony Hawk on snow. The Tony Hawk games have been sucking as of late...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Review: SSX On Tour  
I will respect Gondee's wishes and try to keep this brief, civilized and to the point:

• What you liked about the game, and what features they should bring to the next version
-I still love the Idea of a single mountain and I hope they will keep that format in SSX5.

-Skiing is great and now I even like it better than snowboarding.

-Speed/blur effect is amazing I hope it stays. I love freeriding and being able to look around at the beautiful scenery while doing so, so please continue using the speed effect for boost only and don't expand it into a constant effect.

-I love the NPCs. They make the mountain appear alive and more realistic.

-The urban area is much improved over the Metro City in SSX3 I hope they keep a similar design and layout in the future.

-More breakables.

-The ability to ride on unusual and weird structures like a dam, sledding track, ski jump ramp, helicopters, skating ring etc.
  • What you didn't like about the game - be frank, but don't rant. If you didn't like something, state why and move on.
-In a nutshell, what I didn't like about it is the feel the look and the sound.

-Graphics, lighting and textures(especially snow, clothing and skin textures) are HORRIBLE. Look at SSX3 to see how things should look.

-Sound(not the music but the quality of the sound effects) is horrible I seriously knew it was going to be crap as soon as I found out that it's not in THX anymore, hell even Tricky sounds better.

-The menus are simply atrocious. Very disorganized (in a bad way), visually unappealing and generally not user friendly. SSX3 had the best menus they should go back to that layout.

-CACs
I like the idea of CACs for SSX I just think they were done very poorly in OT with very limited choices and absolutely no personality.

-The map.
It's one of the worst looking and the most awkward features in OT. Again, look at the SSX3 map to see how a map and menus should look like. Menus in SSX and Tricky are better than OT as well.

-Attribute system for boards and skis.
I hated that in previous games and then they fixed it in SSX3 and now OT went back to that horrible system. Please don't use it in SSX5.

-Doodle art.
For the love of God, please drop that concept and never even think about using it again. It is sloppy and visually unappealing. If you have to use it again please limit the use of it to the menus and don't carry it over into the gameplay.

-Halfpipes.
Horrible and very dull and plain looking.

-Monster Moments.

-All characters are practically mute, and when they do say something you can barely hear them.

-Lack of variety.
Freeride down the entire mountain becomes very monotonous after maybe 5 minutes. Every track looks and feels the same and the ride end up feeling much longer than it actually is (in a very bad way).

-No replay.

-Lack of freedom.
What I loved the most about SSX3 was the ability to spontaneously choose the event I wanted to participate in straight from the freeride without ever being forced to leave the mountain, loose all things I collected during my freeride or work my way trough the menus. I was able to just follow the signs, turn one way to continue my freeride turn the other way to participate in a half pipe event/slopestyle/race, turn into a lodge to change my appearance or make my way to the transport area without ever leaving the mountain and having to look at the map. OT took all this away.
  • What you missed from this version - tell EA what you sorely missed from this version of SSX.

-DJ. DJ. DJ. DJ. Oh yeah and did I mention DJ? He was the life of the mountain. He made the Big Mountain feel like a real community by informing us about happenings, competitions and gossip. A DJ, or even multiple DJs should be a must for SSX5.

-Various weather conditions. I loved the snow storms, fog, wind and avalanches in SSX3 and I hoped they would make them even more prominent and extreme in OT, unfortunately they took them out completely.

-Spectacular, over the top halfpipes. Halfpipes in OT were a joke and a giant leap backwards.

-Signature ubers.

-Multipliers.

-Different times of day like sunset in Ruthless Ridge, Mesablanca and Elysium Alps, dusk in Gravitude, noon in R&B and Happiness and night in Merqury, Metro and Snowdream (No I don't count the lame day/night feature in OT as different times of day because, both night and day look horrible in OT. I'd rather have fixed time of day for all events instead of the option to choose between horrible looking day and even worse looking night.).

-Lodges. They are much better than the stupid shop map things. And I loved the transition areas in SSX3 they made me feel like I was on a real mountainand I could ether continue riding down the mountain or take a break at the lodge. I wouldn't mind seeing those make a comeback in SSX5.

-Personality. CACs and vets alike felt like boring mute automatons. Even the mountain was without a character.

-Top 5 scores.

-Progression bar and odometer(if that's what it's called).

-Near, mid and far camera options. I hated the horrible fixed setting in OT.

-Electronic music. I'm not asking for the complete exclusion of rock and hip-hop, by all means, leave those in but offer equal number of Electro tracks so there is a little something for everybody.

- The little celebration sequences at the end of each event, when characters usually say something or challenge other characters.

-Clearly marked finish lines. In OT most of the time I was surprised when I crossed the finish line because I had no idea I crossed it.

• What suggestions you would like to see in the next game apart from what was featured in this game or any of the previous.

-Pretend OT never happened, go back to SSX3 style and add the things I mentioned above.

-Add better secret characters, preferably sacked characters from previous SSX games.

-Please keep the single mountain format but in SSX5 replace the useless rewards like posters and action figures with trips to events all over the world. Let's say somebody finishes the equivalent of peak 1 they get a gold medal, peak pass and a free trip to Elysium Alps. Every subsequent trip to that place would cost, I don't know, maybe $500-$1000 and you could get rewards and medals there as well.

-More personality for the characters and more interaction between them. Also, different story lines for characters. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for Final Fantasy massive story here, just more developed characters. For example if you hit someone or if you hit their buddy they would react in a negative way both times but in different way.If you refuse their challenge they would make fun of you, ro if you accept their challenge but loose they would make fun of you in some other way.

-Adding signature attacks/pushing, for example when Psymon pushes somebody he could freak out like a psycho and hit them with a ski pole or when Allegra hits them she could punch them in the face or Kaori could execute some marital arts movement with her arms(since with her they are going for a stereotypical Asian thing), stuff like that.

Wow, that's a pretty long list. I'm sure I'm forgetting things in all categories so I might add stuff if I remember later.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:56 pm  Post subject:   
What I like about the game.

1. The Speed Blur was amazing. Love how the camera "zooms" out of place while boosting.

2. One huge mountain, connected tracks = More Free-Riding

3. The courses. Very well done

4. No more wormholes, glitches, and best of all, no Out Of Bounds

5. Skis!!!!

1. As everyone agreed, the CAC is a poor replacement. Should do better.

2. Change Kaori's voice back to Japanese. Please.

3. The announcer doesnt have a big role in this game. Should be more active around times.

4. Lighting is could been better.

5. Name of the events should be clear to understand.

1. Add in more natural disasters like avalanches, falling icicles, ect.

2. Use session points next time in Free Ride.

3. As always, a DJ.

4. Bring back Replay mode.

5. The one and only "Bring back the old SSX contenders" situation.

Open and close tracks occasionally. I would like to know if this would make the game different.

For exmaple, doing construction to improve the tracks, event track is covered in snow, cannot be access, ect.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:06 pm  Post subject:   
I bought SSX3 and SSX OT at the same time from a used games store. having had a chance now to play both heres my thoughts.

What I Liked

The courses in OT are a little better, some of the shortcuts seem to have a little more imagination.
I enjoyed the shred challenges and the way it gave a little more structure to the game and made it more accessable (I actually wish i had played OT first cus getting started in SSX3 was pretty steep learning curve)
Blur effect was cool
Skii Patrol was a good idea (just severley underused)
Less re-sets/ falling off the edge of the world
Having to prove myself in the first few shreds to get "on the tour"
Skiis!!

What I Did Not Like

The Difficulty increase from Pro to Pro-Expert was a massive hike. I pretty much walked the game up untill Pro-Expert and I think it could of been balanced better. It wasnt untill reaching Pro-expert that i had to even look for the better racing lines to win races.
Non stop hip hop on freestyle events I missed my rock!!! (I know this could be ammended in jukebox but seriously who CBA?)
Which ever prat thought putting a tunnel on the super pipe and great big chunks of scaffolding needs a visit from the nerf bat fairy

What I Missed

The DJ!!!!
The messages (realise this is silly but it did add a little some thing imo getting a text from a racer after you had beaten them or kicked there ass)
Crazy Ubers!!!!
Characthers that speak and mock/encourage each other. It was a mistake turning our charachters into retarded mutes only capable of grunting.

Suggestion For Next Time

Keep in the "prove yourself" in shred challenges before opening up the mountain, but once opened keep it free roaming ala SSX3. I think this is worthwhile for new players.
Expand on the Skii Patrol idea, If im knocking over 10 year old kids on the blue slopes every few mins I expect to be chased by some bad asses!!
Bring back the DJ and the text messages
Include stats for racers and Boards, its fair enough to include stats on boards and skiis (In real life different boards and Skiis for different styles exist) but its commen sense for the racers themselves to have stats too and too improve with time/practice
Heli drops for back country free riding, as opposed to magically droping out of the air with no explanation??!!

Think thats all :blahblah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:00 pm  Post subject:   
My 2 cents...

SSX3 is probably my favorite game; I haven't played the 2 prior to that. BTW, I am a casual, adult gamer (I am 40 years old).

I think everybody has covered most of the distinctions between the games.

I like On Tour. The thing that really got me first was the music. I was like...whoa... when Run To The Hills first came on (finally some music I recognize!).

I think the courses look better in OT, and I am still discovering different routes. The long rail routes are cool.

With the gamecube version of SSX3, there are only about 5 monster tricks I can do consistently; it's somewhat of a relief I don't have to worry about the controller too much with OT.

So far I've cruised to a rank of 21; now it's seems the difficulty has kicked up a notch.

I've only glanced at the FAQ by Gondee for OT. It seems money is hard to come by (so I am afraid to spend what I've gotten).

I doubt OT will bring me as much "entertainment value" as 3 did; but heck, snowboarding is still the best!! ;P

B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:15 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Just as a reminder, this thread is only for your final reviews of SSX On Tour. Do not post replies to other people's reviews as this thread is strictly for EA's review sometime in the future. Thanks. :china

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:33 am  Post subject:   
Long time lurker. First time poster.

- Love the idea of skiing. It adds a different element to the game and an option for those of us who want to try something new.
- The addition of +/- meters. How far you're ahead...how far you're behind. Makes for a good race. Lets you know which shortcuts work and which ones don't.
- Shreds. One of the most annoying things about SSX3 was the hunting for Big Challenges. I like that you can just use the map to find a shred and get right into it.
- The variety of shreds. Ski patrol, air time, snow time, rail grinding, handplants, one on ones (be it trick attacks or races), combo attacks, etc. I love that variety. It adds to the replay and prepares you for race and slopestyle events.
- The removal of annoying reset glitches and wormholes. Big ups.
- Good soundtrack, yet again. No complaining here. More songs and variety would be great but apart from that, there are no complaints from me.
- Boasts! They're great!

What you didn't like about the game

- Menu. I love the ability to get to shreds quickly but the menu system in SSX3 was just so easy. It flowed well and was easily navigated. I'd prefer that the following games go back to that.
- No DJ. The DJ was funny, not too distracting and fun to listen to. This concert announcing guy is probably the most annoying thing I've had to listen to since my girlfriend bought a Celine Dion album. Needs to be canned.
- CAC was weak. What if I want to carve up the mountain with my favorite character? What if I don't want to see giant capital letters on the Hype Board? IMO, removing the characters from single player really hurts.
- The removal of attributes. I know all snowboards aren't the same. But they don't make you unstoppable. To be able to get the MC board and totally rip the game apart is too easy. There's nothing difficult about OT when it comes to making your character better.
- The lack of collectibles. Why remove snowflakes? They added so much fun to freeride! If you got stuck at an event, do a freeride and find some cash to up your attributes a bit. Where did it go? The little dollars floating around are fine but not being able to save them unless you get to the bottom of a track...that sucks.

What you missed from this version

- Monster tricks. The trick stick is so easy. There's no fun in ripping apart a track and beating records on the first try. I've had numerous 2,000,000+ combos with multiple Wizards, String Cheese, etc. No real skill involved in hitting an analog stick in two directions six times per jump. I miss the difficult MTs that could make or break a run.
- Lack of quality voice acting. Or a storyline, for that matter.
- Multipliers. What was once a way to really show a great line in a slopestyle event is gone. This does make it harder to get massive point amounts and makes it harder to find the best line but part of the SSX series is the unrealistic point totals. Multipliers need to return.
- A single great track. To me, SSX3 had a few of the best "levels" in any videogame. Ever. I can still throw the game in the PS2 and have a blast playing Snow Jam. Or R&B. Or Style Mile. It was just unbelievable.

- Get back to what made the series successful to begin with. Monster tricks, multipliers, monster tracks that are memorable, DJs, etc. You want to take steps forward and innovate new ideas into the series. We understand that. But don't go from 60mph with SSX3 and stall the series with SSXOT. It is an enjoyable game with great replay value but it doesn't stand out. Get back to the basics and bust out an SSX game for the ages.

Thanks EA.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:41 pm  Post subject:   
What you liked about the game, and what features they should bring to the next version :[/u]

I liked the improvements made to the actual gameplay engine. The sense of speed is better than half of the racing games out there. Once you hit the boost, it feels like you're on the bleeding edge of control...

The control is just as smooth and sublime as it was last game. Despite all the changes, gameplay-wise, the game still feels great.

The create-a-character was a nice addition. It wasn't without flaws, but it's always great to add your own personal touch to the gameplay experience.

The skiiing was sublime, too.

[u]What you didn't like about the game - be frank, but don't rant. If you didn't like something, state why and move on. :

The fact that the characters that made the series were not only swept under the rug, but effectively neutered beforehand. Everyone is dark and brooding. Their looks have been seriously toned down. Toned down to the point that you could pluck any of them out of OT and put them in ANY other snowboarding game, be it Amped, 1080, or even Coolboarders.
Kaori now speak Engrish, which I guess she learned from her new beau, Sid. Mac was once genuinely "cool", but now he sounds like a poser. Allegra and Psymon?!? I'd keep on, but I'm not supposed to rant. The character's personalities grew and matured for three games, then died prematurely in On Tour.

The voicework and lines for the IP characters made my ears bleed. I think Tyson actually called my CAC a "cowpoke"... The best lines in the game come from the npc's; the skiers and boarders you mow down as you fly down the mountain...

I also disliked having a board dictate my CAC's skills. I'd much rather "build up" my CAC through gameplay, just like in 3.

What you missed from this version - tell EA what you sorely missed from this version of SSX. :

The announcer speaking over the busted PA system couldn't tie Rahzel's or DJ Atomika's shoes. Rahzel was awesome, and DJ Atomika went a very long way in giving BIG Mountain a personality. His comments on the local events in the area made it seem like a real, cohesive community. With that argument, one could argua that Mr. BustedPAman makes it feel like a real rock and roll tour, which I guess was the point, but SSX:3 was a hundred times more immersive...

Which was bolstered in 3 with courses seperated with a lodge and transport station, which, again, along with the characters actually riding in the transports during the loading screens and being dropped off at their destinations made it feel like a living, breathing mountain.

I mentioned it before, but it fits here as well: I really missed the staple characters in the series. I know EA doesn't want the IP characters to get old and stale, and that'd never be an issue as long as the CAC was there each game, but none of them deserved to go out like this... If they have to go out at all...

What suggestions you would like to see in the next game apart from what was featured in this game or any of the previous. :

A more fleshed out CAC without ugly people. There were some fiercely ugly people on hand.

More backcountry courses. Those are fun to bomb around on and make the mountain feel like a big, open mountain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:26 am  Post subject:   
What I like in this game :

The create your character section. No more wormholes. And the shred section.

What I don't like :

The character speak the language you choose at the start of the game. I used to choose french but I discovered all the characters speak french then. That's completely nasty. And the name of the events are changed too. So, I prefer chosing english instead of french.
Multipliers are gone. Monster tricks are too easy to do. EA killed the characters personnality and their look.

What I whish to see back in the next versions:
More backcountry events, trickboost, speedboost and multipiers and a replay section. The original characters playable again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:59 pm  Post subject:   

I think that the courses were pretty nice for racing, definately made me think out my lines. The music was really nice too, It's always nice to see my favorite bands like The Faint or LCD Soundsystem in the media.

Summary : No. Style.

The courses had little to no personality, and to add to that, they had product placements right in them! Definately a turn off.

Monster moments was just a mistake, theres no excuse for it. It's wierd to see big air get boring.

Just the whole idea of a carrer makes me mad. It feels like every other extreme sports game.

You tried to make the AI balance for the people who are good at SSX and the beginners, which... isn't that bad of an idea... on paper. If i'm 300m ahead and I accidentally crash into a rail in a bad way, and have to hit select, you bump up the AI? Not right. Not right at all.

The game generally felt like Burnout... on snow. There was just a great lack of creativity and individuality of the series.

The pros... it feels like I never knew them. Before, all of the characters... well, had character. It feels, like you guys dressed the characters up in clothes, but not just any clothes, REGULAR CLOTHES. I remember Zoe's puzzle piece pants, and nate's cowboy outfit, and Elise's tracksuit, Mac's Redneck Redux. It was just fun to look at. Now you look at the characters and... you see people that you could find on the sidewalks in 5 minutes.

The scripts were bad by the way, especially for the announcer, it was just plain boring.

Most of my time playing my 200+ hours of X3 and Tricky were just trying to beat my high scores. The best kind of games are games where you challenge yourself, not percents challenging you to do everything. I never felt compelled to play an event again in OT.

Just, if and when you create the next game, just try and say "can you find this in any other games?" I think then you'd make a second impact on the gaming industry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:00 pm  Post subject:   
Mixed feelings on this game...but mostly I guess I'm dissapointed.

# What you liked about the game, and what features they should bring to the next version

-The ability to listen to every peice of music in the game in full glory. BAT COUNTRY, BABY!! XD
-Some of the music is awesome. Bat Country. Competition Song. Red Flag.
-THE BLUR. I LOVED IT. The blur was so kick-ass, man, I'm a trickster, but JEEZE, that is some killer speed they're puttin' in, and they SHOW it. NICE >XD
-The rider traffic. Sometimes it's annoying, but it adds a little flavor to the mountain.
-THE. FRIKKIN. COURSES. Three words: Mind The Gap. Finally, what many people have DREAMED of!! CONTINUOUS RAILING!!! ^_^
-Some of the tricks look AWESOME. Nutcracker and PT are my favorites.
-LU-I-GI! LU-I-GI! XD
-The HUD look and basic presentation.
-Create-a-rider. The concept's good, but...

# What you didn't like about the game - be frank, but don't rant. If you didn't like something, state why and move on.

(ohhhh, boy...)
-...They took out the voices for the airs, the landings, everything, and they don't even give your character a good voice. At least in THUG you had things to say. Also, you don't get much choices for the C-A-R. Not at all. Maybe if they had the TH team work with them, it'd be awesome.
-Some of the Shred challanges are stupid, but it's got a good look about them.
-The Monster Icon. I just don't like it.
-NO MOBY. NO GRIFF.
-The lack of tricks in it. I mean, COME ON!!!
-Putting the Ubers onto the C-stick instead of being grab things. I mean, you never really use the normal-tweaked ones in the game's general gameplay.
-THE Z BUTTON IS NOW RESET. NOT GRAB. THAT RUINS FLUIDITY. >_<;;

# What you missed from this version - tell EA what you sorely missed from this version of SSX.

-THE DJ!! I want DJ Atomica back, or at LEAST Rahzel!!
-Freeriding to everything. Not the menu-based shiz.
-GRIFF!!
-More electronica music.

# What suggestions you would like to see in the next game apart from what was featured in this game or any of the previous.

-Oh, I dunno...maybe a story mode, cuz I love those.

That's all I have time to put down. See ya!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:57 pm  Post subject:   

Brought back the mountain concept. Good choice.
Wormholes are gone.
Some courses are good.
Blur effect was really good.

I thought CAC could be a success. I was wrong. Completely wrong.
Courses aren't extreme enough.
Can't really go over the top with CAC.
Can't play as the characters who made this game.
Almost no speech.
Too normal. No real life on the mountain.
Getting too realistic.
Monster tricks are too boring.
Horrible camera angles. During monster ticks it was hard to see where I was going.
Some of the courses you just want to blow up.
AWFUL multiplayer.
HUD got mixed up too much.

What happened to the truly extreme courses? Alaska, Aloha Ice Jam, Tokyo Maegaplex, gravitude, Ruthless Ridge, courses like those were over the top and most people loved them. The giant cliffs, huge amoount of obstacles(besides trees), they made these so fun to ride. OT's courses are bland and boring.

The characters that made this game so enjoyable not aren't even playable(in quick play, yes, but the tour, no)? That aspect helped make SSX the undisputed king of snowboarding games. Every game before had enough character involvement. And why were all of their ubers scrapped too?

Customization. Sure, you had a bit in OT, but it's all plain. Where's the fancy outfits? Where's Elise's bikini? Mac's crazy stuff?

Where's the DJ?

Speech

Sessions, replay, etc.

The true mountain feel

The music that made the riding experience so much better.

Multilevel ubers

Lodges

Go back to the old stuff that made it fun. Scrap CAC, it was worth the experiment but didn't work out. Make the courses and everything over the top again. Make it what made it so special to start with.

Oh yeah, one more thing: it's likely that SSX 5 will be on next gen. If you put an SSX Tricky or 3 kind of game on the next gen stuff, it will be...I can't even imagine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:54 pm  Post subject:   
Since I finally got to play more than just the demo, I thought I'd add to this.

What I liked:

- Simplified Monster Tricks create a more level playing field
- Blur and vibration combined to create sensation of real high speed
- Same great gameplay, control, and feel. I felt that this was a nice mix of Tricky and SSX 3 control feel.
- Soundtrack

What I disliked:

- Simplified Monster Tricks create a gaming experience that's less involved, overall
- Camera angles were so bad in some cases that I thought they might have been deliberately bad
- Washed-out colouring/low colour saturation in most game elements
- Black diamond rock star theme not my style

What I missed AND what I would like to see in the next release (because I'm just that efficient):

- Creative and whimsical tracks. Most gamers want a LOT more than real life has to offer.
- Really extreme tricks. Most gamers want more... Yeah, that.
- Really extreme rail ubers.
- SSX veteran characters. Add some, delete others, whatever suits your target demographics, just keep SOME of the veterans! CAC should be optional.
- Look and feel of an SSX game. This was like a good game that used the SSX physics engine, but it didn't feel like SSX. Maybe EA wanted that, but the SSX look-and-feel was really unique. Unfortunately On Tour is not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:24 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
What I liked
- The ski kids, tourists and everybody else riding besides you on the mountain. That was so cool. They said funny things too. :cheers
- White Knuckles. My favorite track!
- The high speeds, that's what I call SSX-speed!
- The Boasts, it was tricky to find 'em but I had loads of fun. :)
- Sponsorships were always nice to have.

What I disliked
- The whole Create-A-Character-thing. It was cool riding as me, but I would have prefered going on tour with vets like Kaori or Allegra instead.
- "I rule!" :(
- No logdes and freeride mode like in SSX 3. With freeride mode I mean riding from one event to another, like in SSX 3. I really missed that. It was the first thing I sensed off when I played On Tour for the first time.
- The vets and newbies voices were just awful.
- Just two skins to choose from when riding as a vet or newbie in Quick play.
- You took away the replays... I cried when I heard about it.
- Even if you had eight diffrent styles to choose from when you created your character, they were all the same when they got higher up in the charts.
- The rock style. SSX and SSX Tricky had great techno-ambience... what happend with it?
- The doodles.... I don't care about mammoths being sucked up by UFO's, actually.
- No funny quotes when choosing a snowboarder/skier in Quick play mode. I missed Elise saying things like "You won't regret this." :cry
- No character-specific monsters for the vets and newbies.
- No DJ... Rahzel and DJ Atomika added a special feeling when riding on the mountain. It was awesome... I missed those in SSX On Tour.

What I'd like to see in the next game
- Bring back all characters! (if this isn't possible, just bring back some of the best characters... umm, in that case, please don't bring back Jurgen... ugh.)
- Four diffrent mountains, like one beginner ,ountain with two peaks and gently snow... one more tougher mountain with three peaks and snowstorms... one extreme mountain with four peaks and avalanches, breaking trees, yetis and everything... and one last mountain, called SSX Future Resort, a dream mountain with awesome tracks and long-day-tracks, remember the art from SSX 3? Those tracks were awesome! New SSX to PS3 must have tracks like Bamboo Slopestyle, Slopestyle Circus, Diamond Line, Scary Night Forest, and much more! Make it to a REAL TOUR!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:29 am  Post subject:   
Liked:
-Creating a character. Yes! No longer do I have to sit there looking at the screen dumbly and go, "So who is likely to look cool?"
-Soundtrack. I hate hiphop, and you would to if you were me. SSX 3 had to much hiphop that did nothing, on Tour had better songs that most people can't hate because of the songs quickly.
-No more stupid noise! No longer do I have to hear Nate go, "NOW YOU DID IT!" when my parents are asleep...
-Real skiing/snowboarding! After playing on Tour, I felt SSX 3 was completly bad in a sense of real mountain life. My dad (who hunts AND skiies) says that going down the mountain is almost like going down a real one. Realism is a great thing for me!
-New theme. I don't care what everyone thinks of the theme, it was great. Yes, I can even get people who liked it. My sister didn't really care about it, but one person loved the 'scribles'.
-The idea of the only way to accidently doing something by pressing the wrong button or something like that is great for on Tour. When I played SSX 3 for the second time, I had a bad problem of accidently getting in medal events when I'm just trying to find snowflakes.

Hated:
-Yeah, you can't fight, some of the clothes did stink, especially the guy hats. But I'm not the type of person who goes for an awsome looking character, I want total function!
-No weather control on Quick Play. On Tour, everything was already made for medal events and shreds. But I would love to go down the mountain with the sun setting or it snowing, it just seems plain without it at the top.
-One mountain. We can't even have two? Come on, it would be great to have another mountain to try when you get so far or something.
-Free Ride was annoying when you get bored or got the boast you wanted but you have to get all the way down the bottom to keep it. So lodges would be great in Free Ride (but no medal events during Free Ride...)

What should be in the next game:
-Every stinken character on it, and still make your own. I loved trying to unlock everything in the game, including characters for Quick Play. If you seriously want to play as Mac or Elise, or whoever, then get creative.
-Actuall told height and weight would be awsome. I feel that most people try to make an image like themself on on Tour, so they need to say the height and weight so you don't accidently getting a guy to short or to fat.
-More mouth movement is also great. This was actually something my sister pointed out and it bugs me now, none of the move their mouth at all, when they yawn, when they do any movement, no mouth moving. It wouldn't hurt for them to talk a little more (but please not like Mac, Elise, Nate, etc.)
-As a person who played SSX games for the Gamecube, I never played it online. I did have a taste at what online is like, but it was still a bit shaky. For the next generation of game counsles, I would like to see an online mode for all versions.
-A bit more clothing choices would be awsome, just nothing to scar me for my life... (My eyes are easily scared...)

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 46 posts ]  1, 2