Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How does it sound?
Great idea! 33%  33%  [ 14 ]
Doesn't matter 31%  31%  [ 13 ]
Bad idea... 36%  36%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 42
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:01 pm  Post subject:   
Sorta how they each person did something different everytime they rode the skilift, or when they would ride the plane, or when they would win a race and say somthing on the stands. That was good enuff for me. plus some of the lines they would say to each other during a race or when landing a trick or wiping out. " LIKE RABID MONKEYS IN A WASHING MACHINE" That alway made me laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:23 am  Post subject:   
well it looks to me like they again didn't put any character interactions (WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :glare
so a C-A-C is the nxt best thing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:18 am  Post subject:   
flexxx wrote:
I always wanted a CAB mode. :cheers

create-a-bitch? :???

lmao

(thanks for the sig Aiko)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:53 am  Post subject:   
PSN: Snakeovic
rofl, would be nice :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:05 pm  Post subject:   
No, CAC is a bad idea, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:47 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
Num 1 Pyro wrote:
flexxx wrote:

lmao

create-a-boarder...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:49 pm  Post subject:   
eviltim wrote:
Num 1 Pyro wrote:
flexxx wrote:

lmao

create-a-boarder...

YOU FAIL!
its Create-a-board
cac stands for create a character

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:49 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i don't think it will be that big of a deal. like people have said, if they make it right, then it will be ok. but now as i think about it... the characters won't be able to have their own voices as much. a dsitinctive voice, at least. oh well. i think it will be fun, i hope it turns out ok.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:16 am  Post subject:   
PSN: Veckodag
SLD wrote:
eviltim wrote:
Num 1 Pyro wrote:
flexxx wrote:

lmao

create-a-boarder...

YOU FAIL!
its Create-a-board
cac stands for create a character

Create-A-Baller

EA are killing their own characters. What will happen to all the veteran characters now? After 3 games and then they are totally unnecessary... I crap on CAC...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:51 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
yeah, i somewhat agree....these characters have back stories and stuff like...now they're gonna get pushed to the side cause ea thinks everyone wants to play as themselves on games...but we just have to wait and see what happens, for all we know, the cac's might only be able to be used in a non-career mode or something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:04 am  Post subject:   
I hit this from another angle. EA Big has made a pretty good CAC, like NBASV3. So the customization was pretty deep. We have to wait and see...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:09 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
oh yeah, i agree we have to wait and see...i'm just kinda against the idea since ssx always had such great characers(minus viggo)....but i'm open to it if it's done well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:46 am  Post subject:   
Dude, this is about CAC, not sking...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:03 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
fredde007 wrote:
Dude, this is about CAC, not sking...

:???

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:08 pm  Post subject:   
NBA Street sort of requires a CAC, it isn't really a kind of game that works with a few characters very well. SSX is different, characters have been it's strong point in my opinion, so hopefully CAC won't take away from that. I'll still use Mac, but it would be sort of fun to ride as me...hmm...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:20 pm  Post subject:   
fredde007 wrote:
I hit this from another angle. EA Big has made a pretty good CAC, like NBASV3. So the customization was pretty deep. We have to wait and see...

Yeah, V3's C-A-C was the best thing I've ever seen. I always put myself into the games I play and put my realistic stats and even my position on the sports games. I was able to give myself the clothes I wanted (and I had the hardest time desiding, since there's SO MUCH STUFF) and keep me looking like my natural self with the full-body custimization ('cept, they still automatically make you fatter as your weight goes up. x_x). But, even though they got a 10/10 for V3, I rented NFL Street 2 right after NBA Street V3 and Street 2 C-A-C is crap. I mean... the stats only go up to 20, making it very vague and the clothes are crap. I stuck myself with a Throwback Bills jersey and some black and red shorts with generic black shoes. The weight is worse than V3, making you muscular up to 230lb, then making you fat. Plus the fact that they scrapped the personal game-time soundtrack and just used Licenced music, making the game feel less extreme then the first one, plus they taunt into the camera alot less, making the game more mellow instead of cocky, but whatever taunts they added were pretty good. They still have the same 3 victory dances: "Athlete", "Rap", and "Rock", and the same signature running taunts... Oh wait... this is about SSX 4.

Anyway, I just hope that they do SSX 4 the way they did NBA V3. If they do, this game is gonna kick butt and take addresses and phone numbers along with names.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:19 pm  Post subject:   
baka's ghOst wrote:
NA wrote:
Exactly, C-A-C will make our already more than loved characters less special. If I can buy say a Panda for my C-A-C It will make Kaori less special. Same if I buy a bandanna etc.

With a C-A-C EA won't even need to make characters...as ALMOUST all people will use a created one...

Well, I guess me and chaos will be some of the few that will keep playin' Mac... :dead

I'll be Eddie, if he's there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:02 am  Post subject:   
Hey, I'll still play as the main characters. But there's times when people wanted to be the person I really wanted to play as for a certain track or event, so I had to pick someone else or use one of those lame no-talking skins. With C-A-C, I got dibs on myself in the game if someone else picks the main character that I want.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:04 am  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
I know that we don't have to USE C-A-C, which if fair enough if we don't want too. What I'll get annoyed about is if The main characters the majority of us use SUCK because of C-A-C. Thats my worry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:21 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
that's my worry as well....that too much focus will be put on the cac and not the characters i actually want to play as.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:00 pm  Post subject:   
I just want them to focus on all areas. Mostly the characters and clothing options. There just weren't enough options for most characters in 3. And I want it so that each charatcer has their own clothes, and they don't share the same ones as CAC's. I want a huge VARIETY in the clothing, and a good number of voice options.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:21 pm  Post subject:   
Actually, they really don't need alot of voice options, they just need to have a really good voice placement for the types of characters. In NFL Street 2, your character sounder the way he looked. I made myself and sounded as close to me as possible without me actually grabbing a mic and recording my voice. "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS!!! YEAH!!!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:55 pm  Post subject:   
Bad idea. I think the whole franchise will now suffer & be over because of it (or atleast I hope so).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:10 pm  Post subject:   
I dunno... i think its a bad idea. I hope that the CAC is not so deep that the existing characters would just seem like pre-made ones (ones that we coulda made through CAC).

I sorta don't wanna say it, but i hope CAC sucks. I don't want the selection of add-ons and clothes to be deep, cus i don't wanna see like some pants that i wanted to put on an existing character only available in CAC. And even if the characters were allowed to share clothes w/ the CAC models, everyone would just do do CAC for the extra amount of clothes. I dunno, but i hope CAC really isn't that deep and is pushed to the side -only to be used in multiplayer or sumthin.. so the vets will still be used more often. I liked how the characters were the main focus in the previous SSX series.

Yea, but im pretty sure EA will make CAC good.. but i hope that doesn't take a toll on the existing characters.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:31 am  Post subject:   
To make C-A-C successiful, they need to impliment a Stat Earning thing. When you make your character, you have stat points to distribute to all the stats up to 50 for each stat. If you was to make them all even, they'd all be at 35 or 30. BUT the thing is, once you distibute all the stats, you start playing and all your stats are like... 3 or 4 or 5 or something like that, and you have to win races to up your stats like in Tricky. Naturally Mac would be the highest in Tricks and Brodi would be the highest in Speed, Elise the highest in Edging and Luther would have the highest Stability and others for other stats... They would like... go over 50 just to keep them the best in that stat.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  1, 2, 3