Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

How does it sound?
Great idea! 33%  33%  [ 14 ]
Doesn't matter 31%  31%  [ 13 ]
Bad idea... 36%  36%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 42
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:02 am  Post subject: Create your own Character in ssx4  
PSN: Snakeovic
SSX4 will have a '' create your own character mode'', at least that's what i heard. Good or bad idea? I mean, i like the characters just the way they are!

EDIT: rofl

I have translated the text with a online translator, so you have to find out yourself what it means lol :

''In the newest editie of the game Informer stand a couple details concerning SSX 4. SSX 4 will appear for the Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Nintendo D and the PlayStation portable.

One of the renewals in the fourth parts of SSX, the speed is. The game gets 3 special impacts as a result of which seems 4 a piece to SSX faster just like Burnout. Moreover are placed there on the different descents both speed and Freestyle components.

Just like the previous part takes place everything on one large mount. It had been already confessed that you can go on ski's from the mount. Today it has been confessed that you can carry out during the skieën also "monster Tricks". This is not possible with snowboarden.

As a last it is also possible your own make personage and uses. Concerning the next generation game computers nothing was communicated. When the game appears, is still unclear.
''

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:58 am  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
It's a totally bad idea, Meh it'll be just like tony hawk.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:59 am  Post subject:   
I always wanted a CAB mode. :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:23 am  Post subject:   
Well... I'm not sure. It depends on what stuff you can add to your character but I think it's a great idea.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:26 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
i'm kinda on the fence about this....though right now, i'm leaning more towards a bad idea.....i need more info on it and more info on the current characters too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:52 am  Post subject:   
I personally prefer the bolt-ons...no C-A-C mode, maybe as a extra, when the played out or something..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:02 pm  Post subject:   
Exactly, C-A-C will make our already more than loved characters less special. If I can buy say a Panda for my C-A-C It will make Kaori less special. Same if I buy a bandanna etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:11 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
NA wrote:
Exactly, C-A-C will make our already more than loved characters less special. If I can buy say a Panda for my C-A-C It will make Kaori less special. Same if I buy a bandanna etc.

With a C-A-C EA won't even need to make characters...as ALMOUST all people will use a created one...

Well, I guess me and chaos will be some of the few that will keep playin' Mac... :dead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:16 pm  Post subject:   
Dude, i'll always be playing with elise, no matter what :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:17 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
I'll stick with Zoe, Brodi (if he's in it), and Kaori, but for a CAC...I'm gonna make Marv :heh

(for those that've seen Sin City, you know who I'm talking about)

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:19 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, it would be really aswesome if they would put all the ssx characters in SSX4.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:20 pm  Post subject:   
If Marty returns then I'm gonna stick with him, he was awesome. But he should talk less german. :heh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:21 pm  Post subject:   
meh knowing EA. ¬¬ They'll create the most populr. Kaori, Elise, Psymon, Allegra etc, and leave US to create, Brodi, Marisol, J.P etc.

Whoop dee f**king doo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:23 pm  Post subject:   
Rofl yeah, but if elise is in it, its fine with me, i won't use the C-A-C anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:33 pm  Post subject:   
deadpool247 wrote:
I'll stick with Zoe, Brodi (if he's in it), and Kaori, but for a CAC...I'm gonna make Marv :heh

(for those that've seen Sin City, you know who I'm talking about)

Sin City is the fucking shit. Damn I loved that movie.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:45 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
If done right, I think it would be an awesome edition to the series. In SSX 3, the 10 characters really didn't have an extraodinary personality, and all were pretty much boring. So IMO, it wouldn't have made a difference if CAC were in the game cause no one had personality anyways.

If SSX 4 follows the lines of SSX 3 in terms of characterer development and "interactions", then yeah, I'm glad CAC is in SSX 4 cause only a few phrases during races did not work for me at all..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:32 pm  Post subject:   
Videogame characters in arcade games like SSX are always shitty, anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:36 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: l Kayleigh J l
lol.. i wonder if they've increased the interections between characters? hmm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:40 pm  Post subject:   
Why is character interaction that big a deal? In Tricky, they would say a cheesy, shitty one-liner before and after a race, and it was scripted as hell and just patched in there. You people act as if it was this brilliant, revolutionary idea that added an entire new dimension to the game. It wasn't. It was pointless.

I'd rather have more features that I can actually play rather than watch.

If you want character interactions, go play an RPG, not an arcade game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:43 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
elevation wrote:
Why is character interaction that big a deal? In Tricky, they would say a cheesy, shitty one-liner before and after a race, and it was scripted as hell and just patched in there. You people act as if it was this brilliant, revolutionary idea that added an entire new dimension to the game. It wasn't. It was pointless.

Yeah, it was kinda boring seeing them saying the same sentence over and over...but if they make it better, I don't mind.

I hope they keep the DJ though

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:03 pm  Post subject:   
Surprise Celebrity Panelist
I think they should have "character specific clothes" like the stuff Kaori wears, and "general clothes" for the CAC characters. That would do a better job of distinguishing everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:06 pm  Post subject:   
I just hope that they have a few options for voices in there, because without the personality, there's no need for a character.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:04 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: VigilantSoren
i have always been fine with the whole idea but it doesn't really matter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:05 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
elevation wrote:

I agree that in normal sports games, a story mode is often stilted, but the characters in SSX have personalities, stories and other stuff that can add that one little dimension to an already cool game. Given that one of the features that has been touted in the past is a career mode, flavoring that up with character interactions based on what you did in the past is a cool little addition. It won't make or break the game, it's that one little spice that a segment can enjoy. Plus, it makes for good music video footage. :yes

Quote:
I just hope that they have a few options for voices in there, because without the personality, there's no need for a character.

Amen to that. When I created a guy in Def Jam Vendetta, he looked like YoshiXL. I was like, "Cool! A p0rn Star Wrestler!" But when I added the voice, he sounded like Carrot Top. :heh I recycled him. :heh

Last edited by gondee on Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:10 pm  Post subject:   
I'll give you the fact that the characters have personalities, but those personalities are so one-sided and undeveloped, as I'd expect from an arcade game, that they are ultimately forgettable. If they want to give the characters a dose of personality, their actual riding styles and approaches to events should be different, and they should react differently to each other, not just choose friends and enemies arbitrarily.

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  1, 2, 3